NEED ADVICE FROM FELLOW DEVOTEES

I am wondering is it wrong to have other deities in your home other than Krsna?  I have reread the Ramanya and I feel drawn to Sri Hanuman.  I Know that Lord Krsna is the Supreme Lord.  But is it wrong to offer prayers to Lord Hanuman?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krishna. Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

There's no verse in Bhagagavd Gita that states about Lord Krishna being an incarnation. We can't just make dry mental speculations. We must take to scriptures and believe in acaryas. As I have already given to scriptural proof that Krishna is the Original Personality of Godhead. And also Vaisnava acaryas tell us that Krishna is the Original Personality of Godhead. So there's nothing to argue about. And I didn't say that Lord Rama or Lord Vishnu is not God. I said they are not the Original Personality of Godhead.Why don't you just give me some proof about Krishna being an incarnation of Lord Vishnu rather than just make speculation and opinions. Hari Bol!

• what kind of confusion ? I have read bhagvad gita....and it says that krishna is incarnation of lord vishnu . lord rama also incarnation of lord vishnu.... both are same...but acted according to condition....

• Volunteer

Perfect!!! Srimad Bhagavatam clearly explains this and any one who has any doubt about this matter should certainly read the first canto of Srimad Bhagavatam which is also known as the panchama veda (fifth veda) which is the commentry on Vedanta sutras by the author Srial Vyasadev himself. I have NEVER EVER heard that Krishna is an incarnation of Lord Rama!!! This is the first time I am hearing such a concocted philosophy. Before we write/comment on something in such form or tell some one in such subject matters the first thing we need to mention is the source of the information. So what is the source that says Krishna as the incarnation of Lord Rama??

• bandhu , lord rama was incarnation of vishnu on earth in teratayuga , after tertrayuga there is yuga dwapar yuga , in which lord vishnu came in form kirshna...so lord rama was krishna's previous birth it mean lord rama rebirth on earth in form of lord krishna. simple logic....

those who done't understand lord rama is God or unvierse never get blessing of lord krishna as lord krishna has many name and rama is one of them.

• Thank you for the responses!  I am so grateful for this web site.  Not having a local temple or fellow devotees can be so difficult.  My first prayer everyday before puja is that the Lord forgive any mistakes I may make out of ignorance... Blessings to all my brother and sisters!!!

• Volunteer

We all know that Hanuman is always chanting the names of Lord Ram. He will be more pleased if u worship Lord Ram than worshiping himself. A pure devotee like Hanuman never wants some one to praise him but will be very happy if u praise his Lord Krishna.

We also have heard from Lord Siva that 1000 names of Visnu is equal to one name of Rama and 3 names of Rama is equal to chanting one name of Krishna. So, Chant Hare Krishna mahamantra and worship Gaur Natai and perfect ur life easily which is not possible in any other ages.

hari bol!!!

• Volunteer

Hanumanji is not God but he is a very nice Devotee of Lord Ram. Because of that we worship Lord Rama - Krishna by chanting His Holy Names. 

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.

You can offer bhoga first to Krishna then offer Prasadam to Hanumanji. And he will be in great ecstasy.

Your servant,

This reply was deleted.