Connecting Devotees Worldwide - In Service Of Srila Prabhupada
|An Appeal About Us Donate Contact Us|
Hare Krsna Mataji,
Morning time - specifically - brahma muhurta is important. It is considered auspicious to chant/ do devotional service at that time. Roughly 1 and half hours before sunrise is considered to be brahma muhurta. We wake up at 3.30 am or 4.00 am to do mangalarti and chant.
Practically speaking also, that time no one is calling anyone or there is no housework or office work, in other words, there is no disturbance. Therefore, it is conducive to chanting.
If we see from the point of view of gunas also, morning is suppossed to be sattva guna pradhana, afternoon is rajo guna pradhana and night is tamo guna pradhana. Therefore it is better to do sadhana during mornings.
thank you mataji.
my humble obeisances dear Devotees,
All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
For me morning program is a:
1. chance to associate with my friends, and other sincere Devotees (association means we chant together, do devotional services together, hear Bhagavatam, dance, take Prasadam etc)
2. Chance to offer my gratitude to Guru Parampara for their immense sacrifice. They sacrificed their own comforts, some of them used to sleep only 2 hours, some of them used to eat once in two days, some of them eat only dry rotis cooked without salt; some of them left their wealth; beautiful wife; family; ....just to save time for preaching Krishna Consciousness to me.
And what is the difficulty for me now knowing about their sacrifice just to wake up little earlier and offer my prayers to them? Offer my obeisances to them? No difficulty.
They did so much to us!
3. As Rashmi Mataji told, nice time to chant. When mind is peaceful; when city like Mumbai is quite...;
4. Waking up is good for mental and physical health; makes one happier; healthier;
5. Saves time; when we wake up early morning we save our time;
Hare Krsna Prabhuji,
Not at all prabhu, chanting can never invite sins. When we chant in the afternoon or night, we may be distracted with other activities or our thoughts may be going to the events of the day. It may be more difficult to concentrate, therefore our effort to chant without offence is more. Thats why its said to chant in the morning - conducinve to concentrate, fresh mind, sattva guna, thats why.
In fact, Srila Prabhupada recommended chanting before 8.00 am or after 9.30 pm, to minimise distractions.