Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna!

Yes, it does make sense. According to the Vedic scriptures, everything in the material world is temporary and is a manifestation of the material energy of the Supreme Lord. The material energy is inferior to the spiritual energy and is subject to the three modes of material nature - goodness, passion, and ignorance. These modes influence our consciousness and make us identify with our temporary material body, mind, and senses, causing us to be in illusion or maya.

Maya is the illusory energy of the Supreme Lord that covers our spiritual consciousness and makes us forget our real identity as eternal souls and our relationship with Him. Maya is not an independent energy, but it is controlled by the Supreme Lord. The purpose of maya is to give us a chance to enjoy material life and to learn from our experiences, so that we can eventually realize that material enjoyment is temporary and unsatisfying, and turn towards spiritual life.

Regarding your experience, it is common for us to feel closer to Krishna during our spiritual practices, such as japa, and to feel the influence of maya during our daily activities. This is because spiritual practices purify our consciousness and help us to become more aware of our spiritual nature, while material activities tend to agitate our consciousness and make us more attached to material things. The key is to continue with our spiritual practices and to try to minimize our material activities, so that we can gradually become more detached from material things and more attached to Krishna.

• Hare Krishna

All Glories to Srila Prabhupad

All Glories to Sriman Sankarsan Das Adhikari

Every thing we perceive to be material is either Sri Krishna's superior energy(living entities) or inferior energy(rocks, etc.)  He is "the maker of rules, dealing with fools", fools being those who consider Lord Sri Krishna a myth which can be explained away by "science" which is just His inferior yogamaya.

Your most worthless servant,

K

• ok that makes sence lol.

Why must we be in maya (krishna maya energy?)? Once while doing japa i could feel i am in goodness not pure but almost i would say (for me anyway) Then when im doing my usual daily stuff like watching tv etc i can feel maya in my heart its as if she is already there knowing.. then again when i do japa i feel closer to krishna. Its an endless cycle. 

• We want to experience sense pleasure because we are still under the influence of tamas and rajas.  If we chant enough we can get beyond wanting temporary sense pleasure and remain in satvic mode.  Hare Krishna!

This reply was deleted.