Marginal energy

Hare Krishna,

Living entities are in the marginal energy, which is material energy. Matter is contaminating. Yet the marginal energy is still the energy of God. So how could being in God be contaminating? 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna! Dandavat Pranam!

Exactly, selfish desire precisely being 'I'm the controller and I'm the enjoyer'. The thought of 'I and Mine' emanates from the 'false' identification of 'body' as 'self'.

The lord is the 'ultimate' enjoyer and all Jivas are only instruments in the hands of the lord.

Bhagavat Gita 13.23 — Yet in this body there is another, a transcendental enjoyer, who is the Lord, the supreme proprietor, who exists as the overseer and permitter, and who is known as the Supersoul.

Bhagavat Gita 11.33 — Therefore get up. Prepare to fight and win glory. Conquer your enemies and enjoy a flourishing kingdom. They are already put to death by My arrangement, and you, O Savyasācī, can be but an instrument in the fight.

Jiva goes through 3 stages. # 1 With the minute independence (and false identification), he thinks he is having pleasure. # 2 And when he starts practicing Bhakti, he thinks, both himself and the lord are having pleasure and finally, # 3 he realizes his presence is only for lord's pleasure (Surrender).

All glories to Srila Prabhupad.

Sarvam Sri Krishnaarpanam!

Bg 13.23
    It is stated here that the Supersoul, who is always with the individual soul, is the representation of the Supreme Lord. He is not an ordinary living…
    • Hare Krishna,

Thank you for the reply. So then, it's just a matter of perspective. Being "contaminated" is just a state of mind? In reality everything is Krishna, and Krishna is always pure?

• The soul however "powerful" or "superior" to matter is still tiny and feeble compared to God and thus easily get overwhelmed by God's material energy. Marginal, because we get to choose to be either influence by spirit or matter.

Matter for matter itself is pure and real in the sense that it exist as a part of God. Yet, a spiritual practitioner knowingly refrain from indulging in certain mundane activity because like an athlete the spiritual practitioner tries to fine tune his material body in the condition which is most materially conducive to spiritual practice.This is because our bodies which are matter will still react when it comes in contact with another matter.

For the lack of better word it's translated into "contamination" to convey the condition where the soul sees everything incorrectly in relative term due to selfish desire. "Incorrect" because the soul can only reach its true potential in its own environment. In matter it gets restricted.

• So the sense in which God's energy contaminates us is that He creates, or emanates, a mode of Himself in which we are allowed to chase our selfish desires? 

• The soul can not be compared with God when size is the subject, because both, the soul and God are all pervading.  The souls are Lords parcels, but parcels from something unlimited and all pervading,  are also unlimited and all pervading.  

• Dear Dean Prabhu,

the individual soul is all pervading - this is something new i am hearing. For example say the sunrays are the part and parcel of the sun, though the single sunray has all the qualities of the sun, but due to it's physical limitation, we can't say that it is also pervading the entire solar system like the sun. It is achinta vedaved tattwa -  the theory of inconceivable oneness and difference. 

the below explanation is appropriate for this i think - 

The consciousness of both the soul and Supersoul is all-pervading; the limited consciousness of the living entity is pervading the entire material body, and the supreme consciousness of the Lord is pervading the entire universe. Because the soul is present within the body, consciousness pervades the entire body; similarly, because the supreme soul, or Kṛṣṇa, is present within this universe, everything is working in order.

-yas

• May be the individual soul is all pervading the 'cage' only, created by the individual karma of that  soul.

• Pervading only material body,  is not all pervading. 

How Lord parcel, which is  transcendental and all pervading, reside in limited material body,  remains a mystic for those who cant get out from material squares of thinking. 

•  Soul is the ultimate  cause of all causes, all pervading, and non dual reality called Absolute Truth.

Small or big, tiny or large,.. and all such duality doesn't exist with it, that's why its called advaita, or non dual. 

• I see. So the idea of "contamination" is only relative to our state of consciousness?

This reply was deleted.