Marginal energy

Hare Krishna,

Living entities are in the marginal energy, which is material energy. Matter is contaminating. Yet the marginal energy is still the energy of God. So how could being in God be contaminating? 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Water surrounds the lotus flower but does not wet its petals. Similar to that, transcendental atma can not be touched with material energy. 

• Hare Krishna pamho,

Marginal energy or external energy or whatever exists , Krishna is the source of all. Matter is an illusory energy of the Lord. It is not contaminating.  It's a matter of consciousness, how we perceive it. If we see matter as a separate entity from Krishna , then it will be contaminating. But who sees Krishna in matter or in every atoms, it's not.

So in reality nothing exist which is material, because Lord has kept Himself hidden in each and everything ,who can see Him in all those forms and particles, it's total spiritual.

yas

• Hare Krishna,

Thank you for the reply. Then when Srila Prabhupada speaks of "contamination," he is speaking metaphorically, and in a way that simplifies things for us? Otherwise, since the material energy is Krishna's energy, and we are contaminated by matter, then it would seem that it is Krishna who is doing the contaminating. If, on the other hand, to be "contaminated" means to be in illusion, then that opens up a whole new way of looking at things. 

Haribol!

Doran

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

I will rephrase what you have said. There are 3 types of energies of the lord - internal energy, external energy and marginal energy. Internal energy is Radharani, external energy is maya, Durga Devi is the controller of this energy and jivas are marginal energy. They are called marginal because they are infinitesimal, so tiny, that they can be swayed, by the internal energy or the external energy. Thats why they are called the marginal energy of the lord.

Not all jivas or living entities are in material energy. In fact, very few jivas are in material energy as compared to the number of jivas in the spiritual energy - the internal potency. We can understand this by example of a jail in a city - the number of residents outside the jail in the city will always exceed the number of residents inside the jail in a city. Same way, more marginal energies are in the spiritual world than in the material world. 

It is the job of the material energy to keep the jiva in illusion - to keep him thinking this is I, this is mine etc. Only when jiva is able to understand that it is part and parcel of the lord, and has no independent existence, then the jiva tries to establish a relationship with the lord and eventually qualifies to go back, to the spiritual world.

I hope I have been able to explain.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna, 

Thank you for the thorough reply. It was helpful. Please forgive my careless language. Srila Prabhupada speaks often of "material contamination," and if matter is Krishna's external energy, then it would seem that it is Krishna who is the source of contamination, and this--obviously--does not work. What, then, is the sense of "contamination"?

Haribol!

Doran

This reply was deleted.