Volunteer

manager saw me chanting

Hare Krsna dear devotees
My manager's manager and my Team lead saw me chanting in garden and he was looking at me as if he had seen a ghost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I kept chanting and after completing the round I left the garden.We are allowed to take breaks in company for 10-15 minutes so that is what I was doing.
Should I talk to him and clarify what exactly I was doing or should I leave it? Suggestions needed urgently..
ys

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Rakesh,

I am writing to you a little late on this as i just joined this lovely group a couple of days ago..I can totally relate to what you are saying, as i recollect my days in Pune, where i used to chant in breaks and used to wonder what would happen if someone wud see me do that..

As i look back, Prabhuji, i can only say that a day shall come when there will be no anxiety/fear of being seen  by anyone, nor a desire to see anyone..the only joy that shall fulfill us all will be the Divine Name of the Benevolent Lord..Hare Krishna..

So Prabhuji, pl dont worry and His Kind Grace shal show the way..Hare Krishna..

• I think it is a good thing that your manager saw you. I started Krsna conciousness when I met someone chanting on a train. Remember, everything happens for a reason!

• Hare Krishna !!!

Pranam...

I also think strongly that you should not discuss such thing to them.If they go on asking later

then you can disclose such a way that they  will also surely follow the same in future.

Request you to continue the same .Let Lord Krishna give you more happiness & spirit in

future.

Your servant.

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna dear devotees

He just came and asked what I was doing.

I told him I do meditation and that is what I was doing during the break. He said he was surprised to see my chanting like that. I said I was meditating. He smiled and said 'ok'.

Thank you so much for your wonderful guidance.

your servant

• Volunteer

good to hear that. However not advisable that u chant in office. Two reasons are that the quality of our Japa will not be good. In this incident itself if u see, you saw that ur manager saw u and rest of the rounds after that i bet you were thinking more of your manager than Krishna. second reason is that people will start thinking that we are misusing the break for something like this. They will absolutely don't mind if some one goes for a coffee/tea or even smoke for that matter but we not tolerate some one being so devotional even at office.

One of my devotee friend was shearing that her boss saw her chatting on IDT and he called her and was complaining about it that she is wasting her time. Facebook and other social networking site are OK for them but IDT is offensive. This is aasuric mentality and we really cant help it. So better be careful.

• Prabhuji Hare Krishna ! All glories to Shril Prabhupad !

do not tell him any thing without he ask., surely one day they ask about this ,then you   ask them what is our goal of life ? hope they have no proper answer, then you tell them Our Human Body is very Important and Only this Human Body you can reach your ultimate Goal..so it is essential to chant name of Lord...

Hare Krishna....

• Hare Krishna,

Pranam

>>> as if he had seen a ghost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good sense of humour :)

I also think that you need not reply unless he asks.

Hare Krishna

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Prabhuji. Dandavat Pranam.All Glories to Srila Prabhupada

No Prabhuji, you are not obliged to answer. If they ask about it, it is a good chance for you to preach the KC philosophy to them.

Your aspiring servant

||Krishna Consciousness is light rest are nescience||

This reply was deleted.