Mala jap

I want to ask that my family doesn't follow strict Vaishnavism diet ...there is a intake of onion garlic (in small amount ) is there ...but we love krishna ..from childhood bhajan kirtan dance pulled me towards him ..and now bhagwat geeta is giving me something that I felt missing in my life and I want to do mala jap ..could I use tulsi mala for it ?  Will it be offence if I eat onion ? 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

CHanting on Tulsi beads is avoidable until one becomes firmed up. Till then, one can chant on neem beads. Tulsi beads is after initiation ideally. 

Chanting is important - how you do is secondary. Please chant - on beads, on fingers, on excel - whatever works. Chant.

Doesnt matter family doesnt follow strict vaishnavism. Chant. No rules to chanting - can be done at any time - whether taken bath or not, indoors or outdoors, sitting, walking, standing. Ideally not sleeping unless there is a health issue. All days of the month - chanting has to be done. 

PLease start with 4 rounds and gradually increase to 16. 4 rounds will take half an hour of your time. You could do it all at once or split the rounds and do. Please suit your convenience. 

Hairbol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• This reply was deleted.
    • Thankyou prabhu ji ...i asked this because I love tulsi devi ..I don't want to disrespect her in any way and moreover I am dependent on others for meal  preparation as suffering from body weakness and neem beads are also not available in market ....thankyou ...

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dandvats Mataji, 

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada. Yes, reading of Bhagawad Gita and chanting can be done always in all circumstances. Chanting can be on an ordinary Mala as for now you are not been able to follow the 4 regulative principles so chanting on Tulasi Mala would be an offence. We usually chant the Hare Krishna  Maha Mantra in early morning hours at least 16 rounds, you can start with one and can try to increase at least one round each month till you reach the prescribed minimum of 16 rounds daily morning, can chant extra rounds for practice during the day when you can get some time. Chant in front of Srimati Tulasi Maharani to have better results. For any further information / clarification can email me at rsharma_66@yahoo.com, thanks, take care, Hare Krishna.

• Ji prabhu ji ...I know this thing that  I can't jap on tulsi without leaving onion garlic but I asked because I didn't found neem mala for japa .I will try to make neem beads at home .

This reply was deleted.