Maha-Mantra Kirtans

Hare Krsna  PAMHO AGTSP!

I am humbly looking for good sound quality Maha-Mantra Kirtans.

Please post links here, I would really appreciate your help.

Pros:

I am especially a big fan of HH Niranjana Swami's Kirtans.

I also really enjoyed when there is an harmonium in the kirtan, that sound is really sweet to my ears.

It's a plus when they also have a flute and other instruments.

Cons:

Sometimes :(, the karatalas are too loud and its all we can hear.

your aspiring servant,

Kanai Krsna Dasa

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare krsna Kanai Krsna Das Prabhuji,

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

It is very nice of you to have interest in listening to keertans. :)

I would like to give my little understanding here.

Listening to nice keertans is indeed good but the main focus/intention of this should be to glorify Krsna. With Hare Krsna maha mantra we have this golden opportunity of very easily satisfying Krsna and attain Krnsa prema.

It is a very thin line between trying to satisfy our sense of listening to nice music (in form of keertans) vs. glorifying Krsna. We must be fully conscious of the mood in which to listen to these keertans. These are only to glorify Krsna.

I don't mean to say that we should not or don't get pleasure out of it. We surely get but that pleasure is transcendental which is experienced only due to glorifying Krsna. A pure devotee's singing is sublime and transcendental irrespective of whether a musical instrument is used or not.

My idea was to only write what I feel should be the mood (as I understand from Srila Prabhupada's teachings) when listening to keertans. I am not pointing anyone at all and just wanted to bring up this point as well. Please forgive me if I am offensive

Your Servant,

Ram

This reply was deleted.