Lost in Myself

All Glories to srilaprabhupad

why so much of suffering in my life,i lost my job,since frm last 3 motnhs im at home not doing anything i just do chat sometimes and visit temple on sundays and prerna festival,

But i have experienced the power of krishna its been great as long as im chatting the holy name and visiting temple,

But I have one serious problem i have tried many ways to come out frm this situation, i Cant Control my LUST,it ruins Everything,it makes me feel guilty, bcoz of this i miss chatting and my mind get depressed and i go beyond it out of track depression,Wen im in such state i feel like to commit sucide,and i feel that krishna is that harsh for his devoties that make them thinks to do sucide,

Im enable to concentrate on my works,bcoz of this IN and OUT Situation i lost in Interest to Live the life, Im the backbone for my Parents,WHY KRISHNA IS THAT HARSH FOR HIS OWN DEVOTIES,I Just Wanna live simple Life were i can earn some for my family to support my parents and serve more to lord krishna,but i tried very way out i feel like i have that spiritual soul but not the balance mind.

Plz do give me some pratical tips to deal with such situation wer i continue to serve krishna and balance my life

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare krishna Prabhu ji..

Chanting is practical solution.. and take this seriously not just like that it makes ur mind calm..  but  in real it works in matterial matters also...

chanting mahamantra is backbone of ur family and urself. 

take this time as opportunity to serve God more.. coz soon u r going to get Job definitely..  and right now u r free go to temple and do kirtan.. 

A job is not only source of livelihood  and neither u nor krishna is responsible that u dont have job.. it is just happenings  comes in everyone's life..

leave everything u have nothing to serve ur parents  so u r not doing.. dont feel guilt..  it is practical life..  but u have thid body   and use this in chanting and serving Krishna only...  

• and yes prabhu ji..

I have been experienced the situation like u..  and  atlast  i forcefully started doing chant more than 16 times and everytime i expected that Krishna dont give me anything but atleast get free me from these thoughts 

and gradually my all big attractions went away and spontaneously i felt love for krishna and his pastimes.

yes all is automatically..

do forcefully  however u got bored but chant and try ur best to concentratr on words of mahamantra.

some1 may say that u r getting bored but y u chanting or u may feel that u r unable to concentrate so it is ineffective.. 

NO. it is effective coz it is God Himself..  ask him give u his love and make u forget everything else..   it may take time person to person... but it will work 100% coz Krishna is infallible..

• Committing suicide means you will become ghost and you will not end the problem but you will multiply it. Thinking you are born to do something great in this world or working and making a difference in the family etc. First you must know why you came into existence and what is your purpose of life. I agree you have responsibility of your parents but the main responsibility goes to the One by whose existence you exist and your family exist who is God himself. Thinking that you are responsible for your parents and other things are wrong way to think,because Krishna is in control of everything. Whatever is happening is due to our karmas and to fix it is by chanting, reading B.Gita, Bhagavatam and get to know more about Krishna. Krishna provides everything, such as he is providing for millions of other living entities besides humans He will provide for you too and your family. Just be patience. Hare Krishna

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna PRabhuji,

Just remembered a story that I thought of sharing, maybe it will help.

Once there was a very beautiful devotee girl. One man became attracted to her beauty and approached her. She understood and said that if you want to enjoy me, give me 15 days. Then you can visit me and enjoy me. The man agreed readily. In the next 15 days, the devotee girl did not eat much, she collected all stool and urine in bags and kept it. When the man arrived after 15 days, he saw that the lustre was gone from her face, she is looking weak and dark. Then the girl told him - you want to enjoy me, and gave him the bag of stool and urine. That man was obviously revolted.

Then she preached to him that this is what this body is - a bag of stool and urine. Every one of the nine gates of this  body only give out smelly and yucky stuff, only the skin is attractive, that too is dependent on good food and nourishment. This body is actually full of foul smelling stuff and we are unnecessarily attracted to this body.

Please remember this story - next time you get attracted to someone, you can think of this story and you will feel repulsed at the thought.

Just my crude attempt to help you, prabhuji, I mean no offence.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

You have to chant 16 rounds attentively, daily. Now that you have the time, you do not have a job, it is time to consolidate the spiritual front. Apart from chanting, please read Bhagavad Gita everyday, aloud and try to meditate on the teachings.

Actively look for another job and also depend on the lord's mercy, please understand that nothing happens without the will of the lord. We may have done very bad karma for which we suffer, but the lord's mercy can transcend all that without any effort.

Associate with devotees even during weekdays now. You may attend the darshan arati, guru puja and bhagawatam class in your local temple everyday till you get a job. You schedule your chanting in such a manner that you do it apart from this activity.

What I am trying to say is - bind yourself in spiritual activities in such a manner that there is no time to think anything. When you lie down to sleep, you should be so exhausted that you fall asleep immediately. Then there will be no scope for maya to enter in the form of lust and disturb you. When you are busy 24 hrs, then there will be no time to get depressed and think of ending this life.

There is no question of ending this life just like that - because we are bogged down by some problems. Please read esp Sholka 2.14 of Gita - matra sparshastu kaunteya..... Life is itself transient, then how can the problems in life be permanent. Engage yourself fully, you will not have time to think of nonsense things at all.

Best of luck prabhu. Please seek help whenever you feel the need. Do not leave the association of devotees. Above all, CHANT CHANT CHANT. That is the solution to all problems.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• Volunteer

What I am trying to say is - bind yourself in spiritual activities in such a manner that there is no time to think anything.

exactly! It is the only solution we can do in our present situation.

Senses are strong. Mind is stronger than senses.

So engagement should be there.

--dry fasting

--dancing in Kirtans

--beating mind with shoes

--eating only Krishna Prasadam

--attending Mangala Arati (waking up in Brahma Muhurta)

--reading Srimad Bhagavatam

--not looking to girls even if You look the best to consider them as mothers.

--no freedom to mind!!!!!!!

--being with sincere Devotees.

--continuous hearing lectures.

--at least if desire for marriage life is there then to get married.

And yes for a man to do job - service to others in the society is the best engagement.

Your servant,

• Volunteer

Another thing is we have to have goals in life.

What should i achieve after 5 years?

After 10? after 20?

and then plan the ways of how i will achieve them.

Please sit for some time  Prabhu, write down Your goals and desires in life and make plans and achieve them.

If we have goals that will give us power to live.

Your servant,

• Hare Krishna..

It is natural for anybody to feel that they are the only ones with all the problems in the world.
    But the fact is, everybody who comes in this world has to go through his own share of problems.
    The thing is, you havent completely surrendered to the Lord. He wants you to surrender unto Him completely. You have His divine grace.The problem is that, you are holding your problems. You are still thinking that you are the controller. You are saying "I tried everything". You feel that you are the doer. Please let go of that illusion.
    Just have faith on Krishna and leave everything to the Lord and He will show you the way.
    Please do not blame the Lord for your past karmas for which you are going through the problems today. He is there to save you. Just turn towards Him and have utmost faith on Him.

On one side you say that you are the backbone for your parents and on the other side you say you want to commit suicide. That is not going to help your parents in any way, rite. So, please leave that thought.

I dont know about your qualification. I wish to know about you and what jobs have you tried?

Regards,
    Subash

• If you have read Bhagavad Gita, Krishna says,

klaibyaṁ mā sma gamaḥ pārtha
      naitat tvayy upapadyate
      kṣudraṁ hṛdaya-daurbalyaṁ
      tyaktvottiṣṭha paran-tapa

O son of Pṛthā, do not yield to this degrading impotence. It does not become you. Give up such petty weakness of heart and arise, O chastiser of the enemy.

Weakness of the heart is the most degrading thing for a person. It makes you so weak that you will not be able to do the things which you can otherwise do with ease. Arjuna was the greatest warrior and He can easily win the war with his abilities, but he became weak by his heart and hence he left his bow and fell down on his knees. Please learn what krishna said and follow that.If you follow what He said, then you are automatically offering Him devotional service.

Hare Krishna..

Regards,
      Subash
This reply was deleted.