Lord Shiva

My obeisances to all deovtees !

Lord  Shiva is said to be "Param Vaishanav", then why his devotees take all sort of intoxications.

In a discussionn with one of my relative, she said that Lord Shiva is a Vaisnav as well as a "Kapalik" .

This discussion touched no depth and still unresolved. My that relative says that Lord Shiva is the Supreme and none other above him. In some TV serial it was being narrated that Lord Vishnu and Brahma can not even understand Shiva without his mercy.

I reffered her Shrimadbhagwadgita and Brahma Samhita to know the truth but i found that not only she but people in general are just sufferring from favoritism.

All these statements are just illusionary. 

Please put some light on it. How to deliver the true knowledge of these spiritual facts?

II   Isvarah Parmah Krishnah, Saccidanand vigraha,

Anadir-Adi Govindah, Sarv Karan Karanam  II

Jai Gurudev, jai Gauranga !

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I agree that Lord Shiva is not generally the demigod to go to people in the mode of ignorance.

but it's the other way round  the one in mode of ignorance treat him as supreme.

• Volunteer

We must not preach to the faitless. Its one of the Namaparada and can stunt our growth in devotional service.

Brahma is the creator. We have to accept His words as authority, not some TV serial.

Prabhupada gave this example. If you want to know who your father is, ask your mother, because she is one of authority who knows who your father is. And when she tells you, you accept it, that so and so is your father. Thats it. You dont question.

Similarly, Lord Brahma who is our creator, knows who our real Father is. He says it is Krishna. So we must all accept it without questioning.

This person is clearly less intelligent and is more attracted to Bolliwoodized explanation of scriptures, by an author of the story, who perhaps was smoking something for inspiration to make the movie more exciting and controversial for free publicity.

This reply was deleted.