Replies

• Lord Shiva is Supreme Brahman there cant be any doubt about that.

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna,

PAMHO.

Siva is the foremost vaishnava, as mentioned in the Bhagavatam. Therefore, there is no doubt that he is a pure devotee. A pure devotee has no desire except to serve God. Therefore, he has been given the charge of destroyer of the world, adishthata of tamoguna. Because of the mercy of the lord and because the lord has only made him destroyer and the lord of tamoguna, Lord Siva is unaffected by tamoguna and continues to be a pure devotee.

There is no contradiction here prabhu. It shows the level of surrender a pure devotee of the lord has, that whatever duty is given to the devotee is accepted whole heartedly in the service of the lord. Siva is serving the lord by being adhisthata of tamoguna.

You can also see it like this - that even to be lord of tamoguna, a devotee is required. The lord has not chosen a demon to head tamoguna. Therefore, we can learn that to become a devotee, no pre conditions are required. One simply needs resolute purpose and sincere heart.

I hope I have been able to answer your question.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• i too dnt knw much..but accrdng to me it doesnt matter wat guna u r...he always prays lord ram...for god it doesnt matter who u r wat udo...all that matters is love....and shiv vishnu all are same...(from shakaracharya )...itne saare paap krne k baad bhi vo humse premkarte hai...continuosly pray krte rehne wale shiv to hue na greatest devotee...

This reply was deleted.