ISKCON Desire Tree - Devotee Network

Connecting Devotees Worldwide - In Service Of Srila Prabhupada

Hare krishna to all the devotees.

I am so much confused about Lord that there are many queries in my mind out of so many one i need to be clear of

Lord Krishna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead and Lord Rama is another expansion of Krishna

Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu is also devotee expansion of Krishna or may say Krishna himself. One thing i want to know is that in form of Lord Rama he displays a high character by having only one wife then as Lord Chaitanya he does remarriage on death of his first wife on request of his mother then at age of 24 he takes sanyasa.when once chota haridas saw a woman with bad intention then lord left him later he commits suicide.Question arises that the same Lord as krishina himself when incarnated in he had pastimes with gopis,Radharani and 16108 wives this stunnes my mind i am a lot confused about all this please i am a fool to ask like this but it is beyond my brain.please kindly bless me

haribol

Views: 1751

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hare Krishna Sudheendra Prabhuji,

i jusd read your comments..truly amazing

Thanks a lot

There's no need to confused yourself too much. The pastimes are performed by lord for the pleasure of his devotees and not for their confusion.

Yes, we r confused by lord pastimes when we see it with logical point of view. Logical view means that we analysis activites of god based on our own limitations and conditiOning which lead us to doubt that how the lordof all mystism can perform such task which even cannot be imagined by ordinary entities like us eg- govardhan lila.

But, when we understand the omnipotency of lord than such pastimes rather than being the source of our doubt will be source of our pleasure and bliss because devotees take extreme degree of pleasure when they see their lord perform such activies and this only increse their love more and more without bound and thus purify the condition soul who is rotting in this material world and will take us to our original home.

Its not necessery for that to see lila personaly in lord presence, but we can drive same benefit even by simply HEARING and READING such pastimes of lord from bonafide source and gradully develope an understanding about krishna by his own grace.

finally, if we can understand the pastime of lord by our mind than our this grey matter(mind) would be greater than lord ???

thus we cannot undestand the lord pastime by our mental adjustment but can be understood only when our eyes are tinged with love of god (premanjana curita bhakti vilocenena....)  and thus we will be able to attain that lost love of lord which is prime aim of this human form of life.

THANK YOU,

your servant

Thankyou prabhu ji rightly said for instance lord Krishna was personally present before kamsa,duryodhana,shishupala and many more still they were not able to see Krishna was as God only his true devotees could see him. Thankyou all of you.

Hare Krishna Mataji,

I have heard about this same thing in one of HH Gour Govind Swami Maharaj's lecture. I am very sorry that I am not able to locate which lecture at present. But in lecture, Maharaj explained that when Lord appears, he appears according to time, place, and circumstances. For example, Lord Buddha appeared because so called Brahmanas were misusing vedas and killing innocent animals. So Lord Rama's purpose was to show people in general how to live in this world. So Lord Rama is called Maryada Purushottam also. He explicitly showed how to follow injunctions of vedas strictly. So Lord Rama's mission was to practically show how to live a perfect live. When same Lord appeared as Krishna, he appeared to give pleasure to his devotees and kill all demons. He is called Leela Purushottam. So according to his sweet wish, he performed pastimes. When Lord appeared as Gauranga Mahaprabhu, he appeared as a devotee. He is called Bhaktya Purushottam. Lord's mission was to spread devotional service to Himself (Krishna). So as a devotee incarnation, Lord was very strict about rules and regulaations of devotional service.

I hope this clears your doubt.

Hare Krishna

Hare krishna mataji

thankyou for your reply it cleared my rest of the doubts but here i have one more ques that although lord krishna however is supreme personality of godhead he did rasa leela at an early age and had 16108 wives but still he is the greatest yogi. How come it be possible i know that i cannot understand him out of any sort of logic or mundane speculation who am i to ques but even brahma and shiva were bewildered so it is a but natural that to understand krishna by a conditioned soul like me is difficult but still trying to cultivate kc in association of good devotees like your very self.

Haribol

hare krihna maathaji,  u r making this conversation wonderful by asking more questions.

krishna is self-satisfied.. he is no need of any woman body for his enjoyment..that too from human body what he can expect from it?     we have to understand love and lust first.. if a man want more nd more girls  we say he is very lusty,greedy...nd that man does not have any love for those girl..only bodily enjoyment...but in the case of krishna...he loves his devotees very much..he got human body to satisfy devotees who were in human bodies..nd not for his sense enjoyment....he acts as if he is very interested in each gopis only because,,,he wanted them to feel more happy...  he aLSO marrys devotees who wants that type of relation from him..it is his karuna...u can read in bhaagvath..the story of bhrahman wives...the relationship of husband nd wife of this earth ends up with one janma. another husband in another janma..like this it continues till we stand on the step of bhakti..nd want permanent relationships....somebody wanted him as child, they got permanent son,,,like that if somebody want permanant husband, they have to marry krishna...

wives of krishna were thinking,,we can attract him by our beauty...but he is only attracted by devotion and love...u can read it in bhaagvath..the chapter.when krishna.returned from kurukshetra, and met,his wives.

there is so many things to explain..i think it may help u

hare krishna,,,dandavat

Mataji nice explaination.

I just remembered how Lord showed that he can be purchased by only pure unalloyed love of his devotees. Do you people know the past time of Satyabama selling Krishna to NArada and latter Rukumani buying him with her devotion???

No prabhuji...

Please do tell us.

hare krishna

Hare krishna prabhu ji

I heard this story few days back in the lecture don't know which one but kindly tell again.

Hari bol
Hare krishna maataji

you have given very satisfaying ans when i will have bhagawat then i"ll surely go through this very leela of lord.

Hari bol

Sathyabama was very proud of her wealth. Lord loved her very much. Of his 16108 wives, Rukumani and Sathyabama were his favorites. Rukumani was very humbel, soft hearted and had no pride at all for what she had. Sathyabam was very rich and obiviously got very proud of her riches. Also she could not tolerate Krishna being with any others home.

One day, Krishna stays back with Rukumani. Sathyabama will be waiting for the lord to come. But the Lord does not come. Next day, Narada muni visits Satyabamas palace and informs her that Krishna was with Rukumani last night. She gets very angry on lord.

Sathyabama then inquires from Narada muni as how she can get Krishna for her self permanently? Narada muni tells about a vrata according to which She has to perform puja early in the morning and then give Krishna in charity to a qualified brahaman. She gets very angry. Then NArada muni continues, that she can give gold equal to the weight of Lord and get back Krishna from the brahamana and latter Krishna will remain hers permanently.

Sathyabhama becomes very happy hearing this. Narada muni askes if she has enough gold to weigh Krishna? She says she can get 1000s of Krishna with her Gold. That was her wealth and level of pride.

Latter in the day when Lord comes home, she makes him agree for the dhaan and Lord also agrees after some argument. Next day all the arrangements will be made for the puja. After performing the pooja, She gives Krishna in charity to NArada muni - who else can be a qualified brahamana than him to take Krishna in charity? And all will proceed to the scale where they would weigh the gold equal to Krishna's weight.

On one side of the Scale, Krishna sits and on the other side, Sathyabhama starts to load the Gold. She puts tons and tons of gold and still the scale does not move even a millimeter upwards. All the gold in her treasure will be over. She then removes all her ornaments to put in the scale and still it does not move. Hare Krishna...

By definition of God as I had heard in one of the class, God is some one who is heavier than the heaviest and lighter than the lightest, taller than the tallest, shorter than the shortest, sweeter than the sweetest, and soo on...

She does not know what to do now. Narada muni says he is a traveling sanyasi and he can not take Krishna with him every where he goes. If she does not give him the enough quantity of Gold, he shall sell him to some one else and leave the place. Then some of her well wishers suggest that she approach Rukumani.

With heavy heart she goes to the palace of Rukumani and explains the whole scene. Rukumani laughs at the ignorance of Sathyabama and runs to the site where Krishna is being weighed with gold. She says to Sathyabhama that you can not weigh Krishna with the gold in the whole creation and asks her to take out all the gold in it. She then takes out a finger ring and puts a tualsi leaf on it and offers wonderful prayers to Lord and put this one gold ring. To every ones surprise, the scale not only moves, but touches the ground. Hari bol!!!

Sathyabhama realizes the truth that she can not win Krishna with her wealth and surrenders to him. This shows how lord can be purchased with the love and devotion of a pure devotee.

HAre KRishna.

yes prabhu.. this is a very nice story..i have seen it in kannada movie  sri krishna tulaabhaara ...

thank you.. harekrishna

RSS

Receive Daily Nectar

Online Statistics

Addon Services

For more details:
Click here 

Back to Godhead Magazine !

For more details:
English | Hindi

© 2019   Created by ISKCON desire tree network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service