Look after your Deities..nicely

Jai Shri Krishna..

Last night (19/06/2011)  between 6-7pm,  I lit a diya for the Lords and pray.  It's winter here in South Africa and the temp. was around 8 C°(DEGREE CELSIUS)  for some in colder countries, this might be considered nice and warm! Here in South Africa it's chilly.  I have nice little warm blankets which I use to keep the Lords nice and cosy. 

Being always aware of my position in regards to the Lords,  I'm always thinking.. who am I to keep the Lord Himself warm and comfortable?  In this way I think myself to be silly to do all these little "insignificant" things as putting on the blankets for my deities.  Thus at times I forget to put it on.  This was the case after I lit the Diya.  I had the projector on for the children who were watching animated movies.  My brother and wife was also sitting next to the children. 

We all felt chilly and I started to wonder why it had become so chilly so suddenly.  I though that I should go to the alter when seeing the Lords, I remembered that I had forgotten to cover the Lords in blankets.  I did that promptly and went to sit next to the rest of the family.  Suddenly it started to become warm,  every body exclaimed that it's become warm and we do not need the blankets.  They were wondering what had brought about the sudden change in the temperature.  I told them that I had forgotten to cover the Lords with the blankets.  We were all humbled and surprised that the Lords had reminded us of his presence and  our needs towards His service.

So from now on, this inconsiderate devotee will try to become a considerate and a better devotee..

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• no mata ji.. in temple we get packing of tea..named gokul tea.. here in delhi.. u cn consult local iskcon temple...
            • pranam mataji..

thanks for this useful information..

hare krishna!!

• Jai Shri Krishna..

Savitha Mataji, the RooiBos is a herb which grows in South Africa in the Cederberg region.  I used Google with this query: Rooibos Tea bangalore, india http://www.google.co.za/search?q=rooibos+tea+india&ie=utf-8&amp...

from which two interesting results appeared: http://www.stringsindia.com/ads/ROOIBAS-TEA-FROM-SOUTH-AFRICA-4189.... and http://www.trademart.in/rooibos-tea/companies/search-exporters.html  since I live in South Africa it's readily available but other countries might be slightly difficult to find. 

The preparation is same as the normal tea.. You get it in teabags and I promise you that it's a very healthy alternative and ideal to serve to Krishna..

Also google: rooibos tea and click on images..

2545184694?profile=original

rooibos tea india - Google Search
            • thanks prabhu...the address u have given is very near for our house...i'll surely bring nd enjoy..

thanks once again...harekrishna

• Volunteer

Jay hoo Mataji. Thank you very much for shearing this past time.

I just want to clarify one thing about the deity. Deity is non different from Krishna. In Sanskrit Deity is called as Archa Vigraha meaning a worshipable person. That is why we treat the deity as a person by giving him a bath, dressing him with nice cloths and jewellery, offering bhoga, putting him to rest, etc...

Hare Krishna.

• Volunteer

Very nice loving relationship between the Lord and Devotee.

By Krishna's own mercy He made you neglect covering Krishna with the blanket,

just so you will know that He is reciprocating His love for you.

Krishna reciprocates our love for him. It is not one way street.

I have never used a blanket. I should do that from now on.

• Hare Krishna, dear Manojkumar Bhika Prabhu. Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada. All glories to Guru-Maharaja. You are so kind for sharing your experience with us. Thank you so much. You do not what you have done with me. With your loving and caring attitude you have also awaken how to love and to care attitude in me. only with this attitude we can change the world. To love and to care for each other. Thank also for the fact to take care for the deities so nicely. Radha Radha.
  • thankyou prabhu ji for sharing i will also try to serve my deities properly.

hare krishna

• Volunteer

Jay hoo...

I am in Bangalore, India and now a days here also its getting a bit cold in the morning hours. I have the dieties of Jaganath Baladev and Subdra and also Laddu gopal and Laxmi Narayana. I used to bath the dieties everyday with water soaked with flowers. Usually it used to be cold water which I was using. Last week, I was taking aachaman before starting the worship and I realized how cold the water was. Since then, I have started to heat the water to bath my dieties. My mother was thinking that I have gone crazy by seeing me do this. But I read that we should use hot water when the room temp is very less and water is chilly.

Hare Krishna.

• Hb,

I also use warm/ hot water depending on the weather, it's certainly not crazy prabhu.

This reply was deleted.