Life after death

Title itself is so ironic......i know there is no life after death. But i have certain apprehensions about journey after death. Have listed them below:1. Is the journey post death till the judgment date very difficult (as in all depends on karma) but what happens exactly2. Does a person take human birth only once or he takes it multiple times3. Why is Crow's birth considered to be very low as compared to other species4. Can our mind conceive all our past burth and can a mind read itI know i am illetrate and i wanna completely surrender to Lord Krshna but these questions are adding to my doubts. Please clear themRegardsAmritaJai Shree Krishna

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hare krsna

i dont know that crows birth is low. i am also listening it for the first time.
    ok anyhow,

i strongly believe life after death. As talking about the life its the soul that matters. Depending on the karma of our soul the next birth is based. But getting the pure soul consiousness is difficult. With the association of sadhu sanghas,gurujis we can have a better view about that. I want to suggest you rather than studying about the other life materially i mean by scientific ways have a spiritual approach towards that you will have the ultimate answer.

No a person can not have many births because its thew soul consiousness. Depending on its karma it can take any form it is need not to be human

haribol

hare krsna

danadavat pranam
    • soul changes the body after death just as we change clothes. This is what prabhupad has said to us

ALL GLORIES TO SRILA A.C BHAKTI VEDANTA SWAMI SRILA PRABHUPADA

JAY PRABHUPADA
  • Hare Krsna,
    All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
    I am very new to process, but would like to share my little exp. with u as i also had such question in my mind before coming to Krsna Conc.(ISKCON).
    First thing we are not this body (very difficult to realize), but spirit soul (eternal servants of Krsna).When we have desire to do things independently and enviously ,Krsna send us to this material world (under influence of maya).
    So, soul (we) never dies, but transmigrate from one body to another and that new body is given to soul according to karmas.
    Yes, it is true once soul leaves one body then it has to go through lot of painful journey till yamlok (not for devotees) and then get punishment according to the karmas.
    There are 8.4 million species through out this universe. So soul gets body according to karmas, desire and consciousness at the time to death. This can be any body. e.g. some one wants to eat non-veg (which is not meant for human beings) gets body of a tiger or lion likewise.
    According to scriptures we get human birth after taking body of 8.4 million species. That is reason human birth is considered as high class birth, we have got intelligence to know what is absolute truth and purpose of life.
    With Krsna's mercy some people can recall their previous lives but not every one. It is said if we will remember about our previous lives we won't be able to live peacefully.
    e.g. some one got murdered in his/her previous life and at that time of death he/she was in great pain, if the person recall that stuff he/she wont be able to do anything in this life peacefully.
    Some times it is good to have that impression of past life in our mind and most times it is not good.
    So Krsna knows to who He wants to give that past life memory. (very rare case)
    I don’t have much idea about crow's birth, i ll ask Sr. devotees and then let u know.

Mean while if u are from pune, we have classes (ISKCON-PUNE) where we can clear all our doubts and ask question to Sr. devotees, so can attend those programs.

Thanks for ur patience to read this.
    May Krsna bless us with HIS pure devotional service and love.

Hari Bol

Yours servant
    Sunaina
    • Thank you sunainaji for ur explanation. I reside in Mumbai so wont be able to attend classes in Pune.
      I agree to you that we are immortal souls.......and GOD has given us this kavach in form of body.
      And most of the problems come when we get concious about our outerself.
      And i also know that GOD takes test and hence this maya comes into play and this is how he decides everything for us.
      This is really so unique.
      Members i know many things but this sort of discusssion gives me immense pleasure.

Still a query remains......is there a river in narka which a person has to pass through post death...(m fascinated to know more about the journey later)....I m illetrate please clear my doubts

Let Krshna shower his mercy on all of us and also on ppl not part of this group
      Keep sharing such experiences

Hare Krishna
      • Hello Amrita,

I also a devotee. Hare Krishna. why are you so worried about death. YOu are with krishna. Enjoy in his glory . I live in Pittsburgh, USA and have Satsangs whenever possible.
        I also have anxiety disorder but when I in Krishna's Glory I forget everything

Hare bol
  • According to my view there is life after DEATH. Yeah its true that Our karma decides the next birth. But Why we can't try to liberate our sole and try to achieve salvation/liberation. No one can guarantee where we would reach after death not even the wild guess. but certainly according to rebirth stories PPL do take rebirth but its very rare case. Nice topic to discuss.
    The information u shared that birth of crow is considered to be very low. This is something I read it first time, i didn't know that.
    • hare krishna
      I have read this that birth of a crow is considered low and hence during pitarpaksh i.e during shraad days we give food to crow (other thn dog and cow)..this is in a way this pecie is not able to come out of the so called maya, so we as human beings try to liberate that soul (pls correct my understanding if i m wrong in any ways)
      Ppl on the forum, if they have some othr views..thn pls correct me
This reply was deleted.