krsna's sister

hare krsna.my sincere obeisances to all the devotees .i have a doubt in my mind which i request the devotees to kindly clear it .I have been practicing k.con from my school days .I've been reading & hearing about krsna pastimes from devotees & prabhupad books .but i came to know krsna has a sister named subhadra after visiting jagannath mandir .although i have read about subhadra being kidnapped by arjuna during dwarka pastimes ,why is there no discussion about subhadra's childhood, her activities & so on .Is there any place where subhadra is discussed ??please enlighten mejai gauranga !jai prabhupad !

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare KRsna,

PAMHO.

Yogamaya can come more than once in any pastime. What Bhaktin Maral mataji has mentioned, I have also heard in lectures. Thats why I asked (HH BHanu Swamy) Maharaj. What he said I have already mentioned. I and many exalted devotees within ISKCON consider him an authority on scriptures, therefore I quoted what he told me when I asked a direct question.

Ego can be both sides Dean prabhu. You are back to your favourite pastime, hitting on Maral mataji.

Just because we have read and otehrs may have not read, it should not make us puffed up. If we can help someone by answering the question, then we should do so, otherwise better not to write anything on that discussion thread.

This is my humble opinion.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• Volunteer

Dear Devotees, thank You for protecting me!

I heard it from HG Jagadatma Prabhu. He is a senior Devotee and he told that Subhadra is Purnamasi Mata in spiritual world.

I will search out for this more; She may not be an ordinary living being; Then why we worship Her along with Lord Balaram and Lord Jagannath in the form of Subhadra Devi???

Your servant,

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna,

PAMHO.

I also had a doubt about Subhadra Maharani and I asked HH Bhanu Swamy Maharaj the following questions :

1) Spiritually, who is Subhadra?

2) Why is she on the ratha with her brothers when there are no childhood pastimes of Subhadra Maharani in Vrindavan? Why the lord took her and not Rukmini - who was at one time jealous that the lord has so much love for Radharani?

The answers I got were:

1) Subhadra is Subhadra. Some say she is yoga maya, but Maharaj has not read any reference to it anywhere.

2) Subhadra represents the sadhana siddha jiva - she was not a part of Vrindavan pastimes, but she evolved enough spiritually to be on the rath with the lord. Effectively, it means that all of us who are baddha jiva (conditioned souls) can become sadhana siddha jivas and enter the Vrindavan pastimes with the lord, even if we were not there at the time the pastimes were enacted, if we so desire and do enough to qualify for the same.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• thankyou devotees for ur efforts to help me . now im convinced .actually my purpose for the question was to know the identity & the actual position of subhadra in connection to krsna & the jivas .
    hare krsna !
    your servant !
  • Volunteer

She is a Yoga Maya; 

She is Purnamasi Mata in spiritual world;

Purnamasi Mata is a grand mother of Srimati Radharani and Sudama-  Her brother;

Tulasi Devi is an expansion of Mata Purnamasi;

Your servant, 

• Jai Radhe

Some corrections

Radharani and Subal are brother and sister...(not Radharani and Sudama). Paurnamasi is mother of Maharshi Sandipani and grandmother of Madhumangal (so she is not directly the grandmother of Radharani or Sudama. Although related in village sense)

She is the eternal Director of Krishna Leelas. She is Yogamaya Katyani. She manifested as the elder daughter of Yasodha, whom Basudev took to Kamsa, she also manifests as Vrinda Devi, and finally as Subhadra.

This reply was deleted.