KRSNA CONSCIOUSNESS

haribol dr devotees..my parents crtize iskon,devotees and krsna..constantly..i am not able 2 convince them about the pros of krsna consciousness..and how scientific is ths movement..because of them even 2 chant the holy name,preparing prashadam,going 2 iskon temples,sankirtan..,doing abhishk of My deities  n 2 hav a proper altar even is difficult..wat shud i do..n even other devotees undergoing same obstacles..hare krsna

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna.

This is a very common scenario in most of the families. Krishna, as a loving father has given the free will to every living entity. As many devotees told, we should always remember Prahalad Maharaj. What was the situation he was in. For sure, kaliyuga parents can not be as cruel as Heranyakashipu!!!! Also what we need to understand is that this is only a test to check our sincerity. 

Try to know from them what is their concern. Most of the parents are worried that their child will renounce the worldly pleasures or family duties/responsibilities.In fact many of the devotees do things in such a way that parents get bewildered. Just do what ever required to please them and win their heart. My mom was also very much worried and there was a lot of opposition and I had to stay away for almost 4 years untill last Gaur Purnima when I took her to a temple nearby and when she saw soo many married grahastas, she was convinced that ISKCON just dont make every one into brahamachari.

Bottom line is, do not preach your parents for they can not see you in a position of a teacher to them. Give them some mahaprasad from the temple nearby which you visit. and on top of everything pray intensely to their Lordships to give you strength and intelligence to practice Krishna consciousness. You can take guidance from senior devotees in temple also.

Dark-comingsoon Website Template | Home :: W3layouts
    • thanksss 2 u all devotees but my parents despite i tried all its 2 no avail but on the other sude the mercy tht i receive is beyond wrds so...haribol
  • Jai Shri Krishna..

Persevere..as Mahale Prabhu has said..remember Prahlad Maharaj..

• Please be in touch with Senior Devotees , Krishna will have Mercy on you , Remember Prahlad Maharaj , Hari bol

• pranam kajalji,

hare krsna...

i am in an exactly same situation...and i thot tht i was the only 1 having such a fate...

but dont wrry.. krsna will remove all these problems when the time comes....

i dont even get to say a small prayer about krsna without getting the angry looks of my parents.

they think that iskon is a cult and nothing more ....i tried to convince them jus like u did...

things got worse and my friend(another kc devotee) and her mother adviced me not to tell them anything about iskon or krsna right now...and as for chanting we can do it on our fingers....maybe silently before going to sleep or even in our mind when we sit idle.

we cant blame our parents either....there are still fallen souls. what matters is that we have done our part in trying to help them out by giving them the absolute truth....now its up to them. may krsna save them!

hare krsna

This reply was deleted.