Krsna Conciousness with professional life!

Hare Krsna to all Devotees. I've completed my graduation recently & now on the verge of getting entry in professional life. I've some doubts as:
# How to associate with devotees while working in remote locations?
# How to sustain among materialistic people?
# How to train perfectly myself in devotion before getting married?
# What are my primary spiritual duties towards my wife?
Hare Krsna! Jai Prabhupad!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna prabhu!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada! All glories to the Vaishnavas! 

Bhaktin Maral has given a very nice and detailed answer. I feel there is very little else to say. However, I would like to emphasize the importance of associating with devotees. Now, don't get the wrong impression prabhu, I am a neophyte devotee so I am not exactly the one to be telling people what to do and what not to do. However, it just so happens that I live far from devotees and I am struggling. This site is very helpful but what I found more helpful is corresponding (letters) with devotees who live inside a Temple. Another thing, better than letters, is if you move near a temple. I don't know where you live and where you intend to work or what your profession is  but if it is possible to work and live in a city where there are iskcon centres that you can at least visit then that would be the best for your KC. I was told also that I should visit and associate with devotees even if it means that i have to travel to the other side of the country. ( literally in my case) 

As for training a wife, if she is already KC that would make things a great deal easier. You can meet kC not yet married but looking for a KC partner online. If u look it up in google there are more than one sites for this...

I hope my inadequate answer will help a bit...

Your servant; Gaura-Priya

• hare krisna naren ji

please go thru following link-

.http://www.radhanathswamionline.com/ 

In this web page go 2 bit down right hand side, u can find RADHANATHSWAMI LINKS -->> MARRIAGE COUNSELLING BY RADHANATH SWAMI

Redirecting
  • Hare Krsna to preetismita panigrahi & Maral Matajis. Thanks for your invaluable suggestions. I believe that the discussion will become more enriched.
    A supplementary query:
    How can I train my wife spiritually? Want to know the actual process!
    Dandwat pranam to all Prabhus & Matajis.
    • Volunteer

nice link from Preetismita Mataji, thank You dear Mataji!

Usually association plays big role in our life. So if You request Your wife to associate with Devotee Matajis then she will become also so.

They will preach her. 

Husband's duty is to give 4 types of protections among which spiritual protection is also there.

So slowly, slowly You teach her how to cook for Krishna very clean, with love and offer the food for Him.

How to offer food to Him, how to offer flowers...how to chant beads...then advice to her to read books....

If You become attentive to her and explain nicely what she has to do then she will do.

Usually woman love when husband is strong. Which means one who can control his senses.

One who knows more than the wife. Also wife loves when husband gives knowledge to her.

Or teaches other things. So it will increase her respect for You as a result she will start to follow what You say.

But this sense control for a man is very important. Because woman needs protection when man is weak she can not take shelter of that man and becomes unhappy.

So practice Yourself Prabhuji, become strong and teach Your wife also!

Your servant, 

• Thank You Maral Mataji for providing complete answer to my query. Link provided by preetismita panigrahi Mataji was also extremely useful.

Danswat Pranam.

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
    Naren Prabhuji, Your intentions are good but to explain the whole process with few words is not possible.

So please, my humble suggestion is You download particular lectures:

His Holiness Bhakti Vidya Purna Swami Maharaja - He usually teaches Youth in Mayapur. So he is very friendly with people in our age. So his lectures also are very interesting. So please find out especially about boys.

Usually Prabhus who work they stay in BACE under one Temple. So they stay at the Temple ashram along with other Prabhus and in the day time go to their jobs.

Or else if it is not possible then many other Prabhus stay at the Temple on weekends.

Because it is very nice especially for a Prabhu to be trained as brahmachari at least for a year before they get married. Spiritual association will teach them many things.

Your servant, 

• hare krisna prabhuji , u can associate with devotees thru internet  n by joining iskon devotee tree aleardy u hv associated yourself . listen 2 lecturers

2 sustain among materialistic people , chanting is the best way , as per my knowledge . u can chant while going 2 ur workplace, whn u r doing other work also , u need not always count 108 , if there is no provision .

• Dear Preetismita Panigrahi Mataji,

My humble obeisances to the Vaishnavas! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

I would like to point out that chanting while doing other things is not recommended. Chanting requires concentration and is best done sitting down, with a straight back & meditating on the meaning of the Holy Name. There is a lot more on the actual way to chant in Japa Seminars. Of course if one is not chanting rounds, but simply wants to chant the Name in the head or out loud when doing this and that is also good but it is not the proper japa meditation that is required. 90 % of our advancement in Krishna Consciousness rests on the quality of our japa. Therefore japa should be given very great care. 

Hare Krishna!

Your servant : Gaura-Priya 

• Thnx mataji 4 enlighting me

This reply was deleted.