Hare Krishna,

I'm a neophyte believer in Krishna, and trying to be perfect in my devotion. Im working as a marketing/brand consultant in a marketing organization. Im trying to change my job as I need more salary for my family. Today I got a call from a wine manufacturing company for Brand Manager's position. I am in a dilemma. If I get the job, should I join it. After all its into alcohol and promoting Alcohol for more sale is against the wish of Srila Prabhupada.

Please suggest.

Hari Bola.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Prabhu; Working in a Wine Company is like supporting Wine because whatever you earn will be a part of the Wine business.Lord Krishna has given many facilities for devotees in terms of Varied Opportunities available for young people seeking jobs. Since you are anyway going to change your job it would be better to consider other options and not get lured by the Aspect of money. Your thought is correct and should ideally say no to the job

For More please Read

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhu,

Very happy with the way you have handled the situation. Dandvats to you for that. Mayadevi will keep giving tests when we attempt to escape her clutches. You refuse this job - have full faith in Krsna and pray only to Him, never ask for anything. Wait for the mercy to unfold and we will wait for the miracle story from you.

Haribol,

Your servant.

• Prabhu, thanks for consulting devotees before embarking on this job. 

My honest opinion is that you should never join this company. This is because, your salary will come from promoting alcohol. Many people will start drinking alcohol. Their lives will be ruined. Moreover, although you yourself don't drink it, the salary coming from this occupation will also take you away from the path of dharma or religion.

I have read in the scriptures that 'dhan' (lakshmi) coming from such immoral occupations is called as 'asuri sampatti' (evil wealth) and will go in 'asuri (evil)expenditures'. Hence, please stay away from such occupations. This will entangle you in bad karmas. Pray to Krishna that He gives you a good job elsewhere. He will surely answer. Perhaps, He may even be testing you.  

• Thanks a Lot. When I was coming back from interview I was thinking this is not where I will join. Even if I have to starve and die. Then I thought its better to ask KC devotees.

Ys.

• You are right Prabhu...

We should always trust our intuition...

I appreciate your spirit...

Best of luck for all of your future endeavours...

Hare Krishna!

This reply was deleted.