My friend told that there is one animal, if we kill them it will be pious. there will be no sin action. That animal name is "Kankhajura" it is the animal that have more than 10 lets, it is small, run very fast, it go to ear of human or animal which is harmful for our ear. My friend told story regarding this that One day this "Kankhajura" went on Krisna's mother ear, Krishna got angry by this, then Krishna curse this animal that "any people who will kill you, it would not be consider sinful action, it will consider as pious work". Please give me correct knowledge regarding this.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

QUESTIONS ASKED TO SRILA PRABHUPADA. PART 8. ON ANIMAL KILLING.‏

http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/group/krishnaconsciousness/forum/to...

QUESTIONS ASKED TO SRILA PRABHUPADA. PART 9. ON ANIMAL KILLING.‏

QUESTIONS ASKED TO SRILA PRABHUPADA. PART 10. ON ANIMAL KILLING.‏

QUESTIONS ASKED TO SRILA PRABHUPADA. PART 11. ON ANIMAL KILLING.‏

• Hare Krsna!!

Killing any living entity is sinful. You are only allowed to kill in defence and when other methods fail. As you become purer in heart, your natural instincts (self defence, anger, malice, etc) become subdued, at that time you are no longer the doer of activities and only the modes act. This is called Moksha. Liberated from the events induced by the modes of nature, you become indifferent to ALL action.

Actually we are never the doers of activity, only the modes are acting. But as long as we remain conditioned and under maya, we think ourselfs as the doer. All activity is being conducted by Maya through the modes of nature AND according to our Karmic reaction.

Hare Krsna
  • Volunteer
    Anyone chanting Hare Krishna Mahamantra (or any Holy Names of God like Govind, Gopala, Krishna..) is free from sin. However committing sin on the power of the Holy Names is a serious offense, called Namaparada.

Bhaktin Maral Mataji, you killed the bugs thinking that they might harm children coming to the temple. You have taken upon the sin of killing the bugs in order to serve Vaisnavas. This is a service to the devotees.

Caitanya Charitamrita Antya lila 3.61: Nāmācārya Haridāsa Ṭhākura continued, "If one offenselessly utters the holy name even imperfectly, one can be freed from all the results of sinful life.

CC Antya 3.62: "'O reservoir of all good qualities, just worship Śrī Kṛṣṇa, the purifier of all purifiers, the most exalted of the personalities worshiped by choice poetry. Worship Him with a faithful, unflinching mind, without duplicity and in a highly elevated manner. Thus worship the Lord, whose name is like the sun, for just as a slight appearance of the sun dissipates the darkness of night, so a slight appearance of the holy name of Kṛṣṇa can drive away all the darkness of ignorance that arises in the heart due to greatly sinful activities performed in previous lives.'

CC Antya 3.63: "Even a faint light from the holy name of the Lord can eradicate all the reactions of sinful life.

CC Antya 3.64: "'While dying, Ajāmila chanted the holy name of the Lord, intending to call his son Nārāyaṇa. Nevertheless, he attained the spiritual world. What then to speak of those who chant the holy name with faith and reverence?'

CC Antya 3.65: "Because of even the faintest rays of the effulgence of the Lord's holy name, one can attain liberation. We can see this in all the revealed scriptures. The evidence appears in the story of Ajāmila in Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam."
  • Volunteer
    Hare krishna,
    Answering to the first question,
    Yes some people are fearful of insects and scorpions..me too :-).
    At the same time we are not given license to kill any living entity. As even Jesus tells "Thou shalt not kill". A very basic thing which every living entity has to follow.
    It is said that a Sannyasi relishes killing snakes and scorpions.. I don't know how as I have not experienced that relish.
    In your situation if a scorpion enters your house, Maybe we can cover it with some lid and call a BRAVE person who cn throw it away if we don't want to kill it.
    And coming to the next question, if some insects are there in temple and disturbing the devotees, certainly we have to take some measure, So if you kill them to prevent devotees getting hurt, Then certainly Krsna will understand your intention. Krsna is not a machine, He can understand the heart. We are in too much mechanical consciousness, so we try to apply logic everywhere you see.
    For ex: One brahmana was asking, "People say cowdung is pure, and cow is an animal. But i am a human, so my dung should be purer than cowdung ! ". This is an example of applying logic everywhere.:-)
  • Volunteer
    Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
    Deepak Prabhu, yes, it would be nice if You find that.
    But now i imagine, if i see a scorpion in my home i would eventuality do something, of course i would try to catch and throw outside but i am not sure that i would be able to do that. but how sad, it is left to kill or to be killed :-(
    once in our Temple door way i found lots of venomous black insects with their whole family: children...
    when i opened the place where they used to live they started to move to every sides.
    i thought what to do. no time. but in the Temple there are so many children, people. so i decided to kill them.
    i really want to know what to do in that situation.
    Thank You!
    Your servant,
  • Volunteer
    Hk,
    For clarification,
    Snakes and scorpions are allowed to be killed without any sinful reaction only by a sannyasi and not anyone else..
    I will try to find answer to the question...thank you
    Ys
  • Volunteer
    Hare Krishna mataji,

PAMHO. AGTSP. AGTSG&SG.

All living entities are children of Krishna. Harming any of them is not tolerated by Lord. Scriptures tell that we can kill 2 creatures and still make progress as Maral mataji mentioned which are Snake and Scorpion. However, a devotee does not want to harm any of the livening entities. It is allowed to kill a snake and scorpion does not mean that i see a snake and i can kill it. NO, that is not allowed. Only when one is attacked by these creatures, one is allowed to kill them. Generally, no creatures will attack unless we cross their border and give them the sense of threat.

Hari bol!!!
  • Volunteer
    Hare Krishna dear Sumitra Malla Mataji, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
    There are two living entities that when one kills do not get bad reaction. They are snake and scorpion.
    when one kills them then only they can progress in evolution process. But when one kills other living entities they have to take birth again in the same specie of life and wash their karma, because of that one gets bad reaction.
    For example, if one kills an a deer, deer should again take body of a deer in the place of getting birth in more higher body like tiger or lion.
    But also heard a story how one scorpion was soaking the blood of one sadhu's body, suddenly it fell down but sadhu took it back and put to his body again to soak. 3 times this was repeated. then his neighbor asked if what was he doing. Sadhu told that the scorpion is doing its own job (biting, soaking) and i am my own (not making any harm to anybody).
    Your servant,
This reply was deleted.