Hari Bol!

I would like guidance on cycle of Karma. I know that one who does good, gets good back and one who does bad, gets bad back multiplied.

I met a person other day in a Geeta Class. He is rich and seemed all happy but when I talked to him, I found his problems in life is bad. His wife is terrbily sick and kids do not follow basic rules. What is the karma of the person that he faced such thing? What is karma of his wife and kids that they are doing what they are doing? Another person is in India. He is a wise learned person, very helpful and very kind. I have never seen him angry, in fact he forgives everyone, a true saint. What kind of karma makes a sadhu?

So my question is that - is there any guidance available on various karmas - that will tell which will effect how in our lives to come? Also is it that people get result in same or next life only? Or is it that it carries many lives? What decides?

Please guide.

Your servant,

Sharanagat

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krsna Mata jee!

Well said. Your words are kind.

Your servant,

Sharanagat

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Sharanagat Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

If someone have such like sufferings then he is the most fortunate. It is time for self realization. These difficulties want to say to us that GO OUT! GO AWAY! YOU ARE STRANGER! IT IS NOT YOUR HOME! YOU DO NOT HAVE RIGHT TO USE THIS WORLD! GO TO YOUR OWN HOME!!!!

To our own Home - Goloka Vrindavan to Krishna who is our Well wisher, Best Friend Mother and true Father and the Real Beloved Husband.

In that situations intelligent person being sincere understands his insignificant position and with humility come to Krishna and to His Devotees begging for mercy. but those who are not start to look for the ways how to fight with those difficulties.

They create washing machines, all other mechanisms thinking that they will save time. but in the reality in order to maintain those technologies one has to work very hard and earn money. Because they earn from morning till night they do not have time to cook, to sit with family and have a nice day but they come home sit on the sofa in front of the TV and consuming Pop corn along with Coca Cola have nice association with Dirty Box.

No worm relationship with family members.  Heartless. Or hearts now are made of fast food: deep fried potatoes in the diesel, pure white bread grown with yest bacterias...:-(

-------------------

In this life we kill so many animals as a result everyone is aggressive or mad. 

About Karma please read Srimad Bhagavatam 5 th Canto. also in Garuda Purana.

But in the reality if we read Bhagavad Gita attentively we will understand what is karma.

There are uncountable karmas, but just understanding  that we are souls - eternal servants of Krishna we will be satisfied. 

Your servant, 

• Hare Krishna Maral Mata, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Thanks for pointing me to Srimad Bhagavatam 5 th Canto. It is invaluable, I am still going thorugh it. Action to fulfill your duty while keeping head at Lotus feet and not be attached - that is such a beautiful thing.

Thanks once more.

Your servant,

Sharanagat

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Sharanagat Prabhu , please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

everyone of us lost our close people. some of us will loose. Usually our relatives are those people who were our enemies in previous lives. and they take birth in order to give to us as much suffering as much we gave to them in previous lives.

------------

for example, Dhritarashtra  lamented why his all 100 sons died. Then Vyasadev told that 50 lives back he was a hunter. once in the forest killed 100 sons of 2 birds - husband and wife. And birds cursed him that he will also loose his 100 sons.

But in order to have a son one has to earn punya. And for those 50 lives he some how or other collected that punya to having 100 sons. and as we know all of them then died.

------------------

in this way karma's roots go deep into unlimited previous lives. in this way we should not worry about what we have done in millions of lives but really accept that we are unlimitedly sinful. But Krishna gives us only particle of that. in the form of taking away our 1-2 children, one wife, few friends...

And then sincerely beg for forgiveness. That we have done so much. But just forgive me my Lord! and give me strength not to lament but to move forward! to keep my full faith only on You!

---------

The time when we wait for the happiness from our relatives we will suffer. Because our relatives are not ideal, sometimes they love us sometimes no. But Krishna loves us always. And if Krishna is pleased everyone will be pleased.

Your servant,   

This reply was deleted.