islam vs Vedas book

Hare Krsna! May all of you be blessed by the goddess of fortune!!

iskcon has published a book islam vs vedas. i havent read that book but my sincere question is what is the guarantee that whatever muhammad has said in quran are words of allah? i had a conversation with 17 muslims on fb, youtube. 4 muslims accepted that there is no guarantee but they cant leave islam, 10 had no answer and 3 resorted to abuses

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I was glad to spend time looking.

It is difficult to address this subject. Islam vs Hindu.

But I would put it in the same category as Hindu preaching to Christian;

what angle do they know their religion from?  That is the first thing to ascertain.

A pleasure to serve you prabhu!

ys, Bh. Rankin.

• Jaya prabhu,

I just spent the last half-hour looking for the book you mentioned.  No luck.

However, I will share a little that I know.  Mostly, this information comes from when I was burying Muslim believers in Cemetery here in San Diego.

First, the daily prayers of that faith are nice.  It's been a while since I read them (master's program 25 years ago!), but I recall that they are main stream faith prayers.

Second, I was told by Muslim Imam (teacher), that there is no disagreement with Jesus; only that according to Islam, the most recent prophet to appear is the one we should listen to.  So they say Muhammad has the same peaceful teachings, and since he is most recent, we should heed his teachings  above all other recent prophets.  I have not deeply researched this, but the Reverend Imam was very nice, and seemed to genuinely feel the teachings fell into the same categories.

Third.  I am at the grave with Iranian, or Iraqi, or Ethiopian, or other flavour Muslims for some three years.  I speak a hint of Farsi back then.  The prayers at the grave are no different than those spoken at a Christian grave.  "Angels come to save you", God have mercy, etc.  So, at the grave, not much difference of belief.  Ascending to heavens after death, also, nice philosophy (thru the levels of heavens, being interviewed by different Angels).

So, the only conflict really to avoid is, "Who is most current prophet??"... like that.

These are only partial thoughts.  And I may not know much more...

Glories to your preaching prabhu!

ys, rf

• Hare Krsna Siddhartha prabhu,

There is the same dilemma in the Holy Bible Scriptures.

No books in the Bible are written or recited by God.  God is quoted throughout by Authors and Saints.

In the lower churches of Christianity, some believer's will tell you that the Saints "channeled" God, and He wrote thru them.  Others blindly declare that every word of the Bible is from God (even though we know which Bishop's counsel arranged the Literature).

So, I would wonder that your Muslim friends may have similar differing views, and various levels of devotional understanding to their own literature.  Because of the cultural differences of my birth and that of a Muslim born to the culture, it is hard for me to read Q'uran Scripture.

If I were you, I would avoid the questions of the genuine-ality of the Q'uran's source, and focus rather on the peaceful aspects of the teachings of their prophet.  That would be the best way to find commonality and preach.

Perhaps there is a nice book which summarizes the Prophets tenets; that seems like a nice place to start.

ys, rf

This reply was deleted.