Iskcon Disciple Course

Hare Krishna!
I am aspiring to get Initiated.
So I got to know about the Iskcon Disciple Course which has to be done before Initiation. 
Therefore, may I get more information with regards to the cost, Validity, Time Duration, etc.?
I discussed with a Prabhuji 6 months back and he told me to do 16 malas every day and the 4 Principles.
However, I had been doing it every day until before my Grade 10 Board Exams preparation and all that stuff started since then the Continuity broke down for that time.
Also, is it okay not being able to chant 16 rounds once or twice a month because of certain situations that inevitably, unknowingly, happen at random times?

Also, what else are we supposed to complete and do before getting Initiated?

16 Malas, 4 Regulative Principles, and what else?  

Everyone, Please me give your blessings so that I too get my Spiritual Name! 
Charan Sparsh, Dandavat Pranam!

Hare Krishna!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am Aware of this. Initiation is a big Responsibility and a huge thing, something real serious to do.

I am Being Brutal honest with what I have to say (especially the last part).

I have a problem that at my house my mom cooks Onion Garlic food but my dad also eats Prasadam. So when my dad is out my mom cooks onion Garlic food. Although I don't have a Very Strong urge to eat Onion Garlic food(yes many times I do also), but  I am Totally Good with Prasadam only As well. I don't really Eat packet Junk food like lays because I don't like it except for sprite and few other cold drinks.
            I am not really fond of movies (Sometimes South Indian Movies :D) and songs (hindi mostly I get to hear that as I dislike english ones but not really a big fan of such music) but sometimes watch and listen to it when my family does. 
            I have been Contemplating over this topic for the past 9 months, thus aware of the seriousness.

Also I have other challenges as well that I seriously struggle from. These things which I have said are not really that big and tough things. So those serious things are something that powerfully Hinder my Spiritual progress and also the Idea for initiation.

Hare Krishna!

• My parents did the same for many years and still do. Its just good that more so in the mode of passion. Just because somebody eats garlic it dont make them non-devotees also. I started with 1 round (i stopped total japa for years and years), Then one day I thought I will do 2.. 4 months later I was doing 4. After 1 year I am doing 4 everyday (sometimes I miss.. but I dont give myself a hard time (1 day i miss, then i do next day) and so on. Now I am doing 6 today, I am increasing to 16 after few weeks. I feel I have the spiritual strengh from Guru and Gauranga to do it. But what helps me most is the philosohy. I read Bhagavatam everyday (not much) Maybe 1 or 2 pages but I read carefully and try to understand each verse and purport. Purport is very important because Prabhupada explains what is what. I also eat all kinds of stuff before like fish, and eggs and chicken. Now I stopped totally. Some days I eat only Krishna prasadam. Its a slow and sometimes PAINFULL process. Some days yeh I feel like oredering a dominos pizza and do I do it SURE. I just go ahead. The next day or next week I make my own Krishna Prasadam pizza, and do it taste better YEAH it does. Just incorporate bhakti into life. Thats the key/ I am also saying everything i actually do. I am also being very truthful. 

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji. 16 is mandatory but I think what Punkech Patel prabhuji is trying to say is to not force yourself to chant 16 rounds if you are just starting to do japa. But prabhuji you told in your post that is once or twice no problem in a month, right? It is all ok prabhuji. You just have to make sure that you keep a track of it and do extra rounds when you have extra time. You can just write it down on paper or a book or keep track of it someway. And then when you get time you can finish them.

This reply was deleted.