Hare Krishna dear devotees,

pamho

agtsp!!

i am new on this forum and not getting my way around just jet:)

i am trying to find some guidelines about how to feed a baby when weaning starts after six months, and how to take care of infant/toddler health with natural remedies, and so on.  i am not finding much information...i mean like a book or something, not forums where people generally write what they think. i was hoping to find something like approved from iskcon, or from scriptures. or maybe from some devotee that is a pediatrician or ayurvedic doctor?

there are many "karmi" versions of charts what food should be introduced when and so on but i was hoping that something like that could be found in our community, and not just adjusting karmi versions to our lifestyle. 

for example i know cow milk is very important in devotee, and especially child life, but so many karmi doctors do not agree.. so i would like to know ayurvedic standard on how to give kids milk to be acceptable, and when. 

also we decided not to vaccine our baby so i was wondering is there some ayurvedic tips of how to boost immune system an so on.

does anyone know is there some literature perhaps from iskcon? ayurveda? 

any tips are welcomed! 

if there is not any iskcon should really publish few books on feeding, health, psychic&emotional development of baby/toddlers, it woul be soooo useful!:)

anyhow, thank you for your input!

ys govinda-priya dd

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• thank you everyone, devotees are the best! :)

your stories are inspiring, breastfeeding for so long is admirable matajis!   unfortunately i will have to go back to work, but i will try for as long as i can.. i was very happy to heart from you that you breastfeed after one because somewhere i heard from devotees that after one is not good to breastfeed due to attachment to mother.. so happy to hear your experiences! in our community there are almost no small children  :( 

as you said motherhood is a job for a 48h day :) i sometimes feel so bad even though i maintain 16rounds...  but my concentration is nowhere near as it was before i have no time/energy to read and do all the seva i could...

thank you again! ys

• Volunteer

another subject and question, please! 

Is it needed so much for You dear Govinda Mataji to go out and do a job? Is it so needed for mothers to go out to earn money? 

Thank You!

Your servant

• ...it is not a big deal, for example I could breastfed only 5 months because any milk came, but still he never becomes sick or altough he is 21months old, he is as tall as a 3 years old. I think the most important thing is he should eat prasadam and hear the holy name, chanting, kirtan and bhajan, these will keep him healthy...For example he can chant, he says Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare by himself while playing. He get confused in the Rama part but Holy Name will keep these souls namely our children happy and healthy...As long as we fully surrender and serve, Hrikesa will control their senses and everything will be OK...

• Dear Madhavi Lata,

Hare Krsna!

Please accept my humble obeisances.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I live in Italy but north of Italy far away from Villa Vrndavan. I read that you lived there two years with your husband. How was your experience there? I also have a son who is 21 months old. Here you can see him:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNYm4-xc-WY

It is really a challenge to take care of the deities, my son, the family, chanting, studiing scriptures and other services. One day should be at least 48 hours...

Your aspiring servant,

• Volunteer

and here is about vaccination http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/group/truth-about-kids/forum/topics...

Your servant, 

• thank you all!

your servant

jay Radhe!

• Volunteer

and here http://kids.iskcondesiretree.info/ the link for kids' spiritual health. 

• Dear Sister,
    Please accept my humble obeisances,
    All Glories to Srila Prabhupada,
    Hare Krsna!

I have a son who is almost 2 years old. Eating is not so complicated actually. Just give him prasadam.

In Every meal there should be legumes and vegetables and cereals. %30-20 legumes, %30-20 vegetables and the rest cereals, cooked with olive oil or butter or ghee. Also give him pistacchio, all sort of nuts and sesame this is also very important. This is a very balanced diet.

Between the meals you can give fruits, cereals and milk or milk products.

According to ayurveda don't mix milk with fruits or with yogurt. You can mix milk with biscuits(cereals).

Cow milk, soya milk and rice milk are okey. Direct cow milk is not good at this age. You can give processed cow milk for babies enhanced with Vitamins.(baby milks). This is very important and essential to get all the vitamins, omegas and iron.

Don't give yogurt at nights.

I learned all these while studiing and hearing from beloved Srila Prabhupada and vegetarian books.

Your aspiring servant,

• Hare Krishna, thank you so much for answering! 

very helpful! i know all this but i guess i need someone experienced to reassure me :)

i was nut sure about nuts because they can be pretty allergenic but i tried sesame and my baby was ok with it  (she is 7,5 months now) 

i wished not to give baby milks (she is breastfed) because i like more natural ways and foods than processed stuff...:) and therefor i did not know what to think about regular milk after she turns 1year due to not very natural ways of producing milk today (hormones etc) best would be to have some local farm or devotees but unfortunately no such thing...:)

can i ask did you vaccine your son? about immune system and ayurvedic look on it i got an answer from ask doctor category on this site to google about suvarna bindu samskara. that is ayurvedic immune system booster made from ghee and other things. heard about it? 

your servant

• mmm, ı really dont know about immune system ayurvedic products. You can make a research on internet or ask a friend who goes to India.

If you are breastfeeding then no problem, but after one year make sure that you give him all the vitamins.

I gave all sorts of nuts and I didnt have any problem. Make your research and decide for yourself. Make sure that he got omega 3 a lot for healthy brain development .  Flaxseed oil is good for extra omega 3. Also dont forget his vitamin D and fluroid supplements in correct quantity for her age....

This reply was deleted.