Is Surrogacy accepted by Vedic Scriptures?

Hare Krishna,Dandavat Pranam to all at your lotus feet.PAMHO, AGTSPKindly forgive me if this topic is not appropriate.What's the view of Vedas/scriptures or ISKCON about Surrogacy ?What kind of consequences would that family has to face as per vedic scriptures?Is that a sin?Kindly help me understand thisFor those who are not familiar with this topic ..."Surrogacy is an arrangement in which a woman carries and delivers a child for another couple or person. This woman may be the child's genetic mother (called traditional surrogacy), or she may carry the pregnancy to delivery after having an embryo, to which she has no genetic relationship whatsoever, transferred to her uterus "Hare KrishnaYour Servant

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna,
    Dandavat Pranam
    PAMHO, AGTSP

Thanks a lot Maral Maataji, Monoj Prabhu, and Depthi maataji for sharing your views

Dasanudas
  • Hare Krishna Prabhuji,

Dandavat Pranaam,ASTSP

Societal pressure mandates every married couple to have a child.Also having a child is a beautiful experience desired by gruhastas.These factors make childless couples go to drastic measures to beget children-surrogacy being one of them.

According to me this qualifies as 'Prayas'-excessive endeavors to achieve somethng material.

We look forward to gruhastas to have Krishna Conscious children so that the population of Vaishnava's increases.But A Krishna Conscious couple would ideally not take this path coz they understand the laws of Karma and will be happy and grateful to Krishna for whatever they get or do not get.If a couple does not have children Krishna definitely has some other plan for them. As Manojkumar Prabhu mentioned it is finally Maya- all relationships are material illusions which bind us and impede our progress in Krishna Consciousness unless they are centered around Krishna. Again everyone might have a different definition of Prayas- these are just my views.

Kindly forgive me if I offended anyone-not intended.

Hari Haribol

YS

dipti

• Volunteer
    Hare Krishna dear Devotees,
    please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
    Also Lord Balaram was moved from the womb of Devaki Mata to Rohini Mata. But He is Supreme Personality of Godhead. And also this was done for the sake of child (God's lila as a child).
    But in Puranas we can find that to adopt a child is even recommended in some cases. as i remember it was in the dynasty of Pururavas. The original king's sons were not feet for the throne then He adopted a son and gave the throne to him.
    I think here woman has problem with having a child. in this Ayurvedic doctors may help. also see these sites http://www.gomataseva.org/faq/#3 http://www.goshala.com/products.php
    Your servant,
  • Jai Shri Krishna...

Please correct me if I'm wrong. This is in my opinion, we have to break the bonds of maya. By delivering someone else's child, the surrogate is not getting any spiritual merit. The new parents are getting bound by maya. Maya is what keeps us attached to material desires and the material world. Material things are just an illusion.. Temporary, so why increase maya... When our Goal is Goloka to worship Krishna...
    When such occurrences take place with heavenly beings.. it's always to do with with a greater plan.. With Krishna's desire..

Haribol...
  • Hare Krishna Maataji,

PAMHO, AGTSP

Thank You for your reply

Your Servant
    Hare Kishna
  • Volunteer
    Hare Krishna Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
    i do not know what kind of a mother will give her child to someone else. and never yet meet such like situation in the books which i read. But sometimes when there is no any solution woman used to give her child to the care of others.
    Like Menaka begot a child from Vishvamitra Muni, but because she was a denizen of heavenly planets she had to go back. But her daughter was a human. so she could not take her with herself. And she had to leave her for the care of the forest.
    -------------
    also when Kunti Mata begot a child from Sun God, she in order to save her reputation as a chaste woman had to leave her child for the care of the river.
    -------------
    Also when King Pandu died one of the wives had to enter to the fire with him. Kunti Mata wanted but Mata Madri told that she was the reason for his death and she has to enter to the fire. So she left her two sons Nakul and Sahadev for Kunti Mata's care.
    --------------
    Your servant,
This reply was deleted.