Hare Krishna every one! I just went through wikipedia & i am completely stunned by the phenomenal tasks successfully executed by Srila Prabhupada. 100% Nobody can do what the great Srila Prabhupada has done apart from the Lord himself & that is why i have raised the question mentioned in the title.

In 1944, (from his front room at Sita Kanta Banerjee, Calcutta), Prabhupada started the publication called Back to Godhead,[21][22] for which he acted as designer, publisher, editor, copy editor and distributor. He personally designed the logo, an effulgent figure of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu in the upper left corner, with the motto: "Godhead is Light, Nescience is darkness" greeting the readers

From 1950 onwards, Prabhupada lived at the medieval Radha-Damodar mandir in the holy town of Vrindavan, where he began his commentary and translation work of the Sanskrit work Bhagavata Purana.[28] Of all notable Vrindavana's temples, the Radha-Damodara mandir had at the time the largest collection of various copies of the original writings of the Six Gosvamis and their followers - more than two thousand separate manuscripts, many of them three hundred, some even four hundred years old

In this matha, in Mathura Vrindavana, Prabhupada took Vaishnava renunciate vows,sannyasa, from his friend and godbrother Bhakti Prajnana Keshava Maharaja , and following this he singlehandedly published the first three volumes covering seventeen chapters of the first book of Bhagavata Purana, filling three volumes of four hundred pages each with a detailed commentary

After a group of devotees and a temple had been established in New York another center was started in San Francisco in 1967.[19][37] From here Prabhupada traveled throughout America with his disciples, popularizing the movement through street chanting (sankirtana), book distribution and public speeches.

In the twelve years from his arrival in New York until his final days he:

• circled the globe fourteen times on lecture tours that took him to six continents[17]
  • initiated many disciples, awarding sannyasa and babaji initiations.[39]
  • introduced Vedic gurukul education to a Western audience[40]
  • directed the founding of the Bhaktivedanta Book Trust,[41] which claims to be the world's largest publisher of ancient and classical Vaishnava religious texts[42][43]
  • founded the religious colony New Vrindavan in West Virginia,[44]
  • authored more than eighty books (with many available online[45]) on Vedantic philosophy, religion, literature and culture (including four published originally in Bengali)[17][43]
  • introduced international celebrations in the capitals of the world like that of Jagannatha processions[17]
  • watched ISKCON grow to a confederation of more than 108 temples, various institutes and farm communities[41]

what ever i have borrowed from wikipedia is only 50%. request members to kindly read the entire page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._C._Bhaktivedanta_Swami_Prabhupada

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Both the initiating and instructing spiritual masters represent of the Supersoul.

The guru is actually one; the guru is the Supersoul. The guru, as the representative of the Supersoul, may appear differently externally, but the
    transcendental message is the same. 
    Therefore, no real representative of God can disagree with another
    representative of God. Sometimes it
    seems there are disagreements among genuine representatives of God, but these
    are not disagreements, only different perspectives on the same subject. When disagreement or confusion arises among Vaiñëavas
    about transcendental subjects, it is almost always a symptom that at least
    someone involved, if not everyone, is not perfectly in touch with the Supersoul
    and thus lacks a clear perspective on the transcendental platform.

(H H Prahalladanand Swami)

• nice comments.

Srila Prabhupada is a pure representative of Lord Krishna. Everyone can attain full perfection by following Srila Prabhupada. 

yasya prasadad bhagavat-prasado
    yasyaprasadan na gatih kuto 'pi
    dhyayan stuvams tasya yashas tri-sandhyam
    vande guroh shri-charanaravindam 

By the mercy of the spiritual master one receives the benediction of Krishna. Without the grace of the spiritual master, one cannot make any advancement. Therefore, I should always remember and praise the spiritual master. I offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of my spiritual master..

All glories to Prabhupada!!!

All glories to Krishna!!!

Hare Krishna!!

• As rightly said Srila Prabhupad was not God but his representative. The devotee of lord may possess all the godly qualities but this does not mean that he becomes God. Qualitatively they are same but quantitatively they are different. It was Lord Hari who wanted to spread kc through Srila Prabhupad. Srila Prabhupad was an instrument to Krishna who was a surrendered soul and true devotee of lord. No one of us can do such miracle now if we talk about, it was Lord's mercy to things happen in a correct way.As Srila Prabhupad said that God has 6 opulences at the same time all beauty all fame all wisdom all wealth all strength and all renunciation with a single person should be referred to as reognise to b e God. Nor any of our scriptures refer to any of such statements,not a doubt that Srila Gurudev wqs a pure and divine soul which made an entry to the west at the time when there was such a need as people were going to hippy culture. All. Glories to Lord and his devotees.

Haribol
  • Volunteer

Hare Krishna.

PAMHO. AGTSP.

Prabhu nice question you have asked here. But the answer to your question is NO. Srila Prabhupaada never claimed to be a incarnation of Lord. However, he as a Jagad Guru, is non different from the Lord Hari Himself. Confusing?? Here is what I mean to say. I do not want to speculate something on my onw but would like to give some info based on what our acharyas hav already told.

We sing Guru ashtakam in the mangalarti and in the 7th verse given below

sākṣād-dharitvena samasta-śāstrair
    uktas tathā bhāvyata eva sadbhiḥ
    kintu prabhor yaḥ priya eva tasya
    vande guroḥ śrī-caraṇāravindam

The spiritual master is to be honored as much as the Supreme Lord, because he is the most confidential servitor of the Lord. This is acknowledged in all revealed scriptures and followed by all authorities. Therefore I offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of such a spiritual master, who is a bona fide representative of Srī Hari [Kṛṣṇa].

I think from this it is very clear that he is not any incarnation.

Further, you pointed out what great activities he had performed. That shows his dedication and senciearity towards the words of his spritual master. He was asked by his spritual master to go to west and preach in english the knowledge of Chaitnaya Mahaprabhu. He just did that and Lord empowered him to carry out that task. He could see Krishna, he could talk to Krishna. He had that level of realizations. Once he came to one of the temple and saw the deities and immideatly called upon the temple president and asked Why is that your deities are looking weak? Are you not offering bhoga to the Deities? The temple president was shocked to hear this from SP. Actually there were some shortage of funds and due to this they had cut down 2 offerings for the deities. SP said never ever you can stop the offering to Lord or reduce the number of offerings. We visit temple every now and then and what we see is same form of lord no matter what has changed. We can not see Krishna unless he allows us to see him and SP was one such aacharya who could do that.

Hari bol!!

• JaiShri Krishna..

Thank you for sharing this.. and Prabhupada is the eternal servant of Krishna..and we are his disciples..

He is the representative of Krishna and we give him that same respect as Krishna..

2535553037?profile=original

This reply was deleted.