There are many relationships in the world surrounding us like father, mothers,uncle,friend etc. Forming yet another relationship with a Guru, is no different.If the parents are the 1st guru of the children then why there is need for a guru again.

Bhagbat Gita CH-18,verse-66 tells us :-Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear.

if a person surrender himself to god it manifest god is guru then why again there is need for guru..!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sheeps are lost without shepherd, similar to that, human society is lost without spiritual teachers.

Humans who are spiritually blind  are not very intelligent, therefore being in darkness of illusion they need someone with the light of transcendental knowledge who will open their eyes. 

Sadhu, Guru and shastra are sources for gradual spiritual progress of people in general, but those very rare ones with waken bhakti, eyes are already open by the light emanating from the Lord who is "locked" in their hearts.

Those faithful ones, who are intelligent enough to fully surrender to Lord in every situations are rare, such souls are glorified even by the celestials who travel on the sky.

Consideering all that, approaching and serving qualified Guru and learning from him, is the base of all dharma.

• it means sheeps is all man kind and the shepherd is God who care and guide to us toward the reality & phenomena but a guru can be my father or my friend or my mother also possible. i think guru is required to easy or simplified the way to reach destination. if the way is different and the destination is same for all then why only thorough guru a man can get salvation. if a person curios to read all veddas or religious book and have devote on, may be it will take time but also can possible without guru. apart from this also if a person can do meditate he can attainment of self-consciousness by practicing more and more meditation to awaken kundalini sakti or extra sensory power (sixth sense) to know about self realisation.

For example:- The piece of 1 mango taste is no difference from the whole mango of a tree. when a person boiling Rice before going to complete he take a spoon of rice and take 1 rice in his hand to know whether the rice is cooking is completed or not,the cook never take check the whole rice pot like this The taste of salt is no difference from the SEA taste like wise to known self consciousness(soul) is no difference from supreme-soul. yet now i have no guru but still i thought my guru is god. there are different kind of yaga like karma yaga,gyan yoga,bhakti yaga and the dhyan yoga. As per my prospective for karma yoga there is a need for guru, in gyan yoga a person can read all religious book then only can possible, in bhakti yoga lord krishna said just surrender everything whatever your unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction & in dhayan yoga a person should have to do meditation to connect his soul to supreme soul so there is no need of guru.

i don't know my answer shall correct or not as per my knowledge i explain it....

•  Bhakti yoga is the highest yoga in the universe and bhagavata dharma is the highest dharma .

Complete surrendering to Lord with faith called bhagavata dharma.

Sri Krishna told Arjuna to surrender to Him abandoning all other dharma because he was dear friend.

Similar to that , He told to His devotee Udhava to forget everything heard in the past and everything he is going to hear in the future and just to fully surrender to Him.

Therefore we can conclude that bhagavata dharma and bhakti are above all knowledge.

Thats why how uneducated cowgirls can be spiritually highest, comparing to educated panditas who takes elevated sits to preach nonsense.

For real intelligent devotees, artha, kama, dharma and moksa dont have any value, because its based on illusion and duality, but its needed for gradual spiritual progress of people in general. 

So, Bhagavata dharma for rare blessed souls and Vedic dharma for less intelligent masses.

• i know we track out of the topic but still even it's my duty to interpret or discuss to share our knowledge.

Each path is different, the destination is ultimately the same that i told u early also. One path is not higher than the other rather the lessons of each contain its own unique wisdom that provides an integrated and balanced view of one’s relationship to oneself and the higher reality. 

In the world I am a Karma Yogi of performing my duty or actions for others  . In the company of my friends, family, and students I am a gyana Yogi and in the depths of my heart, in my most private chambers, I am a Bhakti Yogi to offering complete love and devotion to the One.

Karma yoga:- the path of Selfless Action. 

brahmany adhaya karmani sangam tyaktva karoti yah
          lipyate na sa papena padma-patram ivambhasa

meaning one who performs his duty without attachment, surrendering the results unto the Supreme God, is not affected by sinful action, as the lotus leaf is untouched by water.

jneyah sa nitya-sannyasi yo na dvesti na kanksati
          nirdvandvo hi maha-baho sukham bandhat pramucyate

meaning one who neither hates nor desires the fruits of his activities is known to be always renounced. Such a person liberated from all dualities, easily overcomes material bondage and is completely liberated said by krishna in bhagabat gita.

Bhakti yoga:- the path of devotion. 

mayy avesya mano ye mam nitya-yukta upasate
          sraddhaya parayopetas,te me yuktatama matah

The Blessed Lord said: He whose mind is fixed on My personal form, always engaged in worshiping Me with great and transcendental faith, is considered by Me to be most perfect.

ye tu dharmamrtam idam yathoktam paryupasate
          sraddadhana mat-parama bhaktas te ‘tiva me priyah

He who follows this imperishable path of devotional service and who completely engages himself with faith, making Me the supreme goal, is very, very dear to Me.

The bhakti yogi is motivated chiefly by the power of love and sees God as the embodiment of love. Through prayer, worship and ritual he surrenders himself to God

Gyana yoga: the path of Self Transcending Knowledge

uddhared atmanatmanam natmanam avasadayet
          atmaiva hy atmano bandhur atmaiva ripur atmanah

A man must elevate himself by his own mind, not degrade himself. The mind is the friend of the conditioned soul, and his enemy as well.

gyana-vijnana-trptatma kuta-stho vijitendriyah
          yukta ity ucyate yogi sama-lostrasma-kancanah

A person is said to be established in self-realization and is called a yogi when he is fully satisfied by virtue of acquired knowledge and realization. Such a person is situated in transcendence and is self-controlled. He sees everything–whether it be pebbles, stones or gold–as the same.

gyana yoga is a process of learning to discriminate between what is real and what is not, what is eternal and what is not, what is right or wrong.This is the most difficult path than all other path requiring strength of will and intellect. Taking the philosophy of mind to inquire into its own nature.Before practicing gyana Yoga, the person needs to have integrated the lessons of the other yoga paths for without selflessness and love of God

God only is real. The world is unreal. The individual is none other than God.

hare krishna..

•  Neither religious activities, nor gyana, nor tapasya, nor yoga, can completely purify the soul if they are bereft of bhakti.

Those with deep love for Lord put the Lord under their control, but He can not be controled by those engaged in mystic yoga, Sankhya philosophy, pious work, Vedic study, austerity or renunciation.

Such devotees neither desire liberation from birth and death, nor mistic powers, nor heavenly abode, such devotees desire only Lord.

Such devotees desire not to forget dear Lord life after life, even born as trees or animals.

All this statements can fully understand only such blessed soul, who carry dust from the feet of Lord pure devotee on the head.

• Never confined your-self mere with the Bhakti yoga: as u said Neither religious activities, nor gyana, nor tapasya, nor yoga, can completely purify the soul if they are be left of bhakti yoga.

i m not fully satisfied to your answer. how can you say that only through bhakti yogi purify the soul,the bhakti yoga is best and easy way in kaliyuga, ok i presume your word but how you will know what is bhakti or to whom one will worship to get salvation liberation from birth and death. just think if Vyasadev has not been written bhagabat gita then how can man kind will read. without knowledge how can a person will decide or chose which path or way is virtue or good. without knowledge a person cant get job,drive,worship,walk,judge etc. without knowledge a human can't differentiate who is god may be Ram,allha,jisu,budha,stone,god,supreme-soul or krishna and will confused. without knowledge how can a person become guru tell me ,why you denominate your name as Dean prabhu, do you use ur name prabhu before or after attaining knowledge you used prabhu as title. so please don't underestimate other path also.

we are all aspects of the Divine Source,our purpose is to go throughout lifetime after lifetime evolving until we are enlightened enough to join completely with the Divine Source again.The analogy I use is that all of the water on this planet is essentially the same water, but we look up into the sky and see the different cloud forms. There are cumulus, stratus, thunder, and cirrus clouds, but all of them are just made up of water particles. The clouds float over to the mountains and put a piece of themselves out in the form of rain and snow. It is the water particle's job to go through the streams, lakes, waterfalls, and rivers until it is emptied out into the ocean where it is evaporated back up into the clouds again. This recycling process is the way that all of the water on this planet attempts to keep itself clean, clear, pure, and non-stagnant.

similarly the Divine Source has many different forms which we called in different name Buddha, Allah,jisu,Supreme soul or krishna etc but each of them is just made up of Divine Source energy. The Divine Source puts a piece of itself out that becomes each of our Beings. Our job is to go throughout our life times, becoming cleaner, becoming purer, until we are ready to be to be absorbed back into the Divine Source again. This is the way the Divine Source continually evolves and keeps itself from becoming stagnant.

• SB 11.14.22Neither religious activities endowed with honesty and mercy nor knowledge obtained with great penance can completely purify one’s consciousness if they are bereft of loving service to Me.
                SB 11.14.23If one’s hairs do not stand on end, how can the heart melt? And if the heart does not melt, how can tears of love flow from the eyes? If one does not cry in spiritual happiness, how can one render loving service to the Lord? And without such service, how can the consciousness be purified?
                ---------

How  all living beigs in Vraja, who didnt have any knowledge about God attained highest destination which is unattainable even for mystic yogis and great panditas, remains mystic for dry phhilosophers whose all the effort  for attaining perfection goes in vain.

This reply was deleted.