ISKCON Desire Tree - Devotee Network

Connecting Devotees Worldwide - In Service Of Srila Prabhupada

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Hare Krishna

Is Mirabhai in Madhurya rasa? She always viewed Krishna as lover.

With that being said, she must be in Vrindavan not Dwarka right?

Your servant
Bhakta David

Views: 2138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Book: Meera Charit

Author: Kuwari Ranawat

Language: Hindi

Price: 125 Rs

Publisher: Mrityunjaya Singh Sisodiya

Description: This book is a biography of Meerabai and the author herself is a daughter in law in Meera's lineage. She is related to both Meera's family and Bhojraj's (Meera's husband) family. In this book very intimate leelas of Meera is described of which people are not  aware nor there is any possibility of getting that intimate information elsewhere. 

Distributor:

OmPrakash, Mumbai: Phone 24970736/37

Bhartiya GramudIyog Vastra bhandar, Mumbai: Phone  2013821

Khandelwal and sons, Vrindavan: Phone (0565) 442100/443101

Yes, Mirabai is in Madhur rasa. Read the below book which is in Hindi and your life will change for sure.

Book: Meera Charit
Author: Kuwari Ranawat
Language: Hindi
Price: 125 Rs
Publisher: Mrityunjaya Singh Sisodiya
Description: This book is a biography of Meerabai and the author herself is a daughter in law in Meera's lineage. She is related to both Meera's family and Bhojraj's (Meera's husband) family. In this book very intimate leelas of Meera is described of which people are not aware nor there is any possibility of getting that intimate information elsewhere.
Distributor:
OmPrakash, Mumbai: Phone 24970736/37
Bhartiya GramudIyog Vastra bhandar, Mumbai: Phone 2013821
Khandelwal and sons, Vrindavan: Phone (0565) 442100/443101

There are 3 categories of Madhur rasa

1) Saadharani Rati - In this you love Krishna ONLY for your OWN happiness (swa sukh) for e.g. prem of Kubjaa. This is lowest in Madhurya bhava and has no entry (not qualified) in Krishna's Maha raas.

2) Samanjasaa Rati - In this you love Krishna for your own happiness as well as for Krishna's happiness for e.g. prem of dwarika's patrani such as Rukmani, Jambwanti etc. This is better than Saadharani Rati but has no entry (not qualified) in Krishna's Maha raas.

3) Samarthaa Rati - In this you love Krishna ONLY and ONLY for Krishna's happiness (tat sukhe sukhitvam) for e.g. prem of gopi such as Lalita, Vishakha etc. It is also called Nishkaam prem. This is the topmost category a soul (Jiva) can aspire for or can reach based on his guru. Only Samarthaa Rati category devotees have entrance to Krishna's Maha raas. In Srimad Bhagvatam (10-31-19), the last shloka (yat te sujaat charanamburuham staneshu...) of Gopi Geet depicts this and I consider it to be the crest jewel of all 18,000 shlokas of Srimad Bhagavatam. To get some idea here goes the story...

Krishna's wives in Dwarika were curious as to who Radha/Gopi was that our lord chants her name even in sleep. Why does he always remember them and not us? We are his great devotees as well as wives. Krishna realized that his wives have developed arrogance so he decided to bring Gopi's nishkamm prem to light and teach them what true devotion/love means. One day Krishna enacted himself as very ill with severe headache. All his wives were in service but the illness does not go. Narad muni came in and was amused to hear that lord was not well. So he asked Krishna "Since this illness is your creation, only you can provide the solution as to how it can be cured?" Krishna replied that any devotee who gives his/her foot dust and I apply that to my forehead, this headache will go. Narad thinks even I am his devotee but then realizes that I do not want to meddle in to this as he once gave me a monkey face and I became an object of ridicule. Naradji asked his wives that you all are his devotees so give your foot dust. Krishna's wives scolded Naradji that we do not want to go to hell by having our lord/husband touch and apply our foot dust on his forehead. Naradji asked everywhere in Dwarika but no one was willing to give foot dust. Ultimately Narad came back and asked Krishna "You only tell me where I can get the foot dust of your devotee to which Krishna replied "go to Braj". Naradji went to Braj and told the Gopis, who were feeling intense separation from Krishna, the whole story. Immediately all gopi replied "Naradji quickly take our foot dust and apply to Kishna's fore head". Naradji asked Gopis "Do you understand what you are doing?". Gopis said we can think about it later first do what we are saying. Our beloved is in pain so relieve him quickly with our foot dust. We know we'll go to hell and we are ready for it but atleast our beloved will be relieved. This is Nishkamm prem of Gopis whose foot dust is craved by Brhma, shankar, Udhav as well.

Hare Krishna!! Radhe Radhe!!

Thank you to everyone who has responded.
There is nothing more glorious than the glories of a pure Vaishnava.

Jaya Sri Krishna

RSS

Receive Daily Nectar

Online Statistics

Addon Services

For more details:
Click here 

Back to Godhead Magazine !

For more details:
English | Hindi

© 2019   Created by ISKCON desire tree network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service