Hare Krishna,

I have some questions that i would like to read opinions special from matajis.

I see some devotes ( matajis) that use makeup others don't. When i tell makeup is face makeup, and nails. I always have this question, is wrong to use makeup and nailpolish? Using makeup, people will see us like superficial person? Is wrong to use any colour, for exemple red?

Single matajis and married matajis have some different etiquette about makeup and nail polish?

Also my question is about jewelery! is wrong to use rings, earrings, necklaces?

Is some diference between single matajis and married matajis in this subject?

Thank you

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna Mataji,

Sarees are recommended for ladies and Dhotis and traditional wears are recommended for men in Krishna consciousness. Our duty is to serve Krishna and hence we don't mind whether it is fashionable or not or what others think about us. We are not surely backward but we are improving our consciousness. If others are thinking that we are backward then they have not read scriptures properly. 

Haribol,

S.Balaji. 

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

It is absolutely ok to wear jewellery - earrings, rings, necklace. In fact, it is receommended for married ladies. Bindi and vermillion are also recommended.

Regarding makeup - it should not be too garish or gaudy. Typically kohl is allowed, it is not even counted as makeup. Otherwise typically we avoid makeup.

Regarding nail polish, its ok to apply. I personally do not maintain long nails. This is because I have deities and I do their abhishek every fortnight. If I grow my nails, it will prick their  lordships. Therefore I do not grow my nails. I see a lot of people who apply nail polish on their toes.

I hope I have been able to help you a little.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi  

This reply was deleted.