Is it offensive to have more than 1 bead bag?

Please Accept My Humble Obeisances.

All Glories to Srila Prabhupada, Sri Gurudev & Gaurangachandra.

All Glories to All Vaisnava's Worldwide.

Hare Krishna

I have numerous bead bags, and numerous tulasi malas. I have not yet been initiated.

I have one for car travel, one in my home, and one in the workplace. Is this offensive?

I did this with the intention to have Tulasi readily available for japa. I have only seen Srila Prabhupada with the same beadbag and beads (I'm assuming). I know He is our example, so I do not wish to make any offenses by not following Him.

Please forgive me if I have committed offenses in bringing this topic up.

Also, forgive me if this is a stupid question.

Your Most Low Servant of Servants,

Bhakta David

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

David Prabhuji, it is very nice that You give so much attention to the Holy Names!

we have to learn from You!

------------

And it is very good to try to chant everywhere and every time.

but also i heard that beads collect some power also. because of that we have to keep them safe from others' glance, touch...

and when our Guru Maharaja chants in our future beads then they will have much power. because of that we use only those beads for whole of our life.

for example, i know Devotees who lost his initiation mala then again bought new and requested his Guru Mahaaja to chant in them and give to him.

But if we are not initiated things might be different.

but again beads collect power.

Your servant, 

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji,

in my opinion there is ho offense in keeping more than one bead bag, but I feel that we must ensure that the proper respect to the beadbag and beads is maintained at all given times, it is possible that if bags are all over the place then they may not be taken care properly (ie dusty, handles by people who do not know the importance and value of beads etc...), and moreover is these beadbags are used in different place to complete our prescribed number of rounds then I think it is not appropriate, this arrangement of having beadbags all over the place will not help us in maintaing our japa time and place and this will not help us improve the quality of our chanting. I feel for our regular prescribed rounds we should have one beadbag only, and if initiated then the chanting should be done ONLY on the beads given to us by our gurumaharaj. But we can have many beadbags in the regular convenient places such as car etc, which can be used for extra rounds  . (this is just my opinion ) , Seniors kindly correct and guide.

hari bol 

• Hare Krishna

Thank you everyone for your posts.

Further instruction on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Again, my dandavats to all of you for guiding me in the right direction towards Sri Sri Radha Krsna.

• Can un initiated devotee Use Tulasi beads?

• Yes, un-initiated devotees can use Tulasi beads for chanting too - shiksha gurus who prepare devotees for diksha (initiation) get the devotees to chant with Tulasi beads.

• When we are initiated its better to chant wiz our beads given by Guru Maharaj at the time of initiation.I guess we shud practising chanting with 1 japa likewise wen initiated we will stick to just that one given by our spiritual master wiz luv and afffection. 

• Hare Krsna prabhu

No there is no offense in keeping more than one bead bag. If such practice can help you increase your krsna consciousness then it is all right. Sri Narada muni says that 'tasmat kenapi upayen manah krishne niveshyet' . By any means we must concentrate our mind unto the lotus feet of krishna. But we must not become wayward . By any how we must follow instructions of Acharyas.

your servant

Ashish Sharma

This reply was deleted.