Is it dangerious to Spiritual life to Pray to Sri Rama?

PAMHO

AGTSP

AGTSG&SG

Hare Krishna

I have been meditating and chanting alot, but mainly thinking of the past times of Sri Rama and Sri Lakshmana. Is this dangerious? I know that this possibly leads to Ayodhya Dham.

But I also know Sri Rama is Sri Krishna. Please instruct me.

Your Servant,

Bhakta David

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Vasudev Sarwam!!!

You can remember any form of the god. Lord Hari will love you and will guide you.

Hari Bol
  • “The transcendental holy name of the Lord may be heard and chanted accordingly to the attraction of the devotee. One may chant the holy name of Lord Krsna, or one may chant the holy name of Lord Rama or Nrsimhadeva. The Lord has innumerable forms and names, and devotees may meditate upon a particular form and chant the holy name according to his attraction.” [Srimad-Bhagavatam 7.5.23-24]

This should settle the matter.

• U r damnnnn lucky ..ur consciousness is merged in Lord Rama and it is very very Rare blessing..Achievemnt of Ayodhya Dham is the highest perfection of human life for sure ..It is no mean achvmnt.......Rarest of the rare.As per KRSNA Himself out ofmillions of perfected beings hardlty one achieves Spiritual life...Slash ur doubts and keep thinking of Lord Rama..Vishny Tattva are all the same as per Srila Prabhupada  ...Hari Hari Bol   ...Chanting of Mhamantra is important and leave the rest to this divine and highly elevated sound incarnation of Lord..It ll do the rest ...

• Hare Krsna, 

There is no danger even if we pray to anyone out of 33 million devatas and upadevathas. Absolutely no danger even if you worship your parents in the position of god.

Devotion is a combination of Jnana, Bhakti, and Vairagya. An inclination towards one form of His infinite forms may not be called as Bhakti as a whole. It is just that we like that form. There is no Bhakti involved there.

As the time goes by, if we are shown the torch and way towards ultimate knowledge, which is jnana, then we must dovetail whatever we have towards Krsna because Bhakti personified is in the service of Lord Krsna.

Beginning with Matsya, Kurma, Varaha, Narasimha, Parashurama, Buddha, Rama, Krsna.... every avatar of Krsna has a purpose, message, and knowledge given to people who live in that particular age. For example, Krsna was not known at the time of Narasimha's advent or even Rama's life time here.

If you like some form very much, it means that that form is your ishtadevatha. We must utilize our ishtadevatha to move towards Krsna and achieve Krsna Jnana, Krsna Dhyana, Krsna Bhakti, Krsna Seva.

Your servant.....

• This reply was deleted.
    • Saili Prabhu

Dandvat Pranams

You have rightly mentyioned that Hari Naam Chanting is the best remedy for all problems. When we chant the Holy Names of Lord we address both Lord Krishna & Lord Ram. There is no difference....

Lord Ram is the embodiment of simplicity - He shows that despite being the Absolute Owner of all that is & will be in material & Spritual worlds, how simple can one project himself. Lord Ram upheld the virtues of Dharma & showed his immeasurable strength when required.

Lord Krishna - Is an embodiment of full display of all oppulances of the Supreme Lord. How Lord can be a playful friend , Lover & Owner etc etc.... and yet remain the Supreme Master in all such circumsatnces

So Prem sahit sab milke bolo Jai SiyaRam , Jai RadheyShyam.....

Your servant

Vinay

• i giving you example for understanding the main source is gold but from the gold somany things can be make like ear ring,ring,chain,lucky, here the main source is gold

the same way the main source krishna ,and the other things are ram ,narshimha,vaman,buddha,kalki

they all are the same.

so don't fear of anything remember the sentence of krishna don't fear come in to my shelter.

• Volunteer

http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/group/krishnaconsciousness/forum/to...

Hare Krishna devotees, please read the 2nd. paragraph from this link.

• jag m sunder hain do naam, chahe krishna kaho chahe ramm   ..jai sri krishna ...jai shri ramm...

• DHANAYA HO AAP MATAJI

PLEASE ACCEPT MY DANDVAT PRANAMS

NONE GAVE SUCH A CRISP AND BEAUTIFUL REPLY THAN YOUR ONE LINER...

jag m sunder hain do naam, chahe Krishna kaho chahe Ram   ..Jai Sri Krishna ...Jai Sri Ram...

JAI RADHEY KRISHNA , JAI SITARAM

Vinay

This reply was deleted.