Hare Krishna to All,

I am a little bit into Krishna consciousness(KC), you can say half of the first step itself. 

A question I want to ask here is, is it compulsory to attend KC programs, aartis, poojas, trips “physically”?

Sometimes my parents ask me to visit the temple, to attend programs and spiritual trips. But somehow I don’t feel comfortable to attend programs, I don’t know why?. And even if I attend it , I feel like I am faking it. I can’t feel that satisfaction and peace.

Instead of that I am much more comfortable in reading KC books all alone. I have read quite  few smaller books initially, then I read Bhagavad-Gita. Now I am reading “Perfect questions Perfect answers”. KC related reading gives me more inner satisfaction and I feel peace in heart.

So, what should I do? Which way should I follow?

##################################################################################

One more thing, you may find my language little harsh and foul. I am very much frustrated with situation, so please excuse me if I offend anybody in anyway.

##################################################################################

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks again for such nice words,

I think, I need time to think to reply u r message..

Thanks again, prabhuji

• This reply was deleted.
                  • Volunteer

Hare Krsna Sunil Prabhu!

While karma plays a role in the events of our life, that doesn't mean we hold ourselves down when something sinful is happening. When we address karma, it's to explain why a certain event happened or is happening, not justification for the lack of action on our part. In that situation you mentioned, a KC person should most definitely help out the girl. The reason I should and not would, is because of group mentality and this is the reason why we have onlookers while a rape is going on, and nothing happens. We each think to ourselves I will make the move only if another person does something, and while we wait for that one person, the rape goes on and is completed. Only after it's completed do people realize what happened, and then we have people who want to do something about it...

But an important thing that is also missing from your scenario is the past lives of those 6 people. It could be very well that those 6 were raped in their previous lives by that girl, or it could be wrong. But that, by no means, can justify any lack of action on our part. 

To address your first part, yes there is no problem in being disabled or anything. In relative terms, we all have had a disabled body at some point in time, because society defines this as having a physical or mental condition that limits movements, senses, or activities, which is seen in sport injuries and old age, etc. This is Kali Yuga though, our thoughts and actions are very sinful, we prefer to engage in activities that boast and praise oneself and that's why there is that negative treatment to disabled people. 

Dhritarastra was given so many chances to avert the Kurukshetra War, but each time he made the wrong decision. So if you do have Krsna's mercy, then you can change your karma. For example, if my karma has my hand to be chopped off, but I am a good devotee of Krsna, etc. Krsna can arrange that I keep my hand, and pay for my karma (I would get a scratch or something). Dritarashta had so many devotees of Krsna around him, thus Krsna gave him an opportunity to save his Dynasty.

• Hi,

Thank you prabhuji for reply.

Is this as simple as that. Like I have done some sin in past life that's why I am getting punished or reaction of it. It means as this is reaction to my own karmas or sins there is no problem to be like that. who the heck cares,as it's result of my own sins, isnt it? what an excuse!! that's the basic reason why disabled people get treated like piece of shit in India.

Now, please tell me what KC person will do in following situation:

A decent girl is being raped on public place by 6 peoples. She is craving for help, sometime to peoples around her and sometimes she calling "BHAGWAN" for help. If KC person is there, how he/she should react?

Notes: As we know, she is getting punished for her past life sins, it is perfectly all right that she is being raped by 6 peoples. She deserve it, isn't it?

This reply was deleted.