Hare Krishna 

My humble obeisance to HG AC Bhaktivedanta Swami, Gauranga mahaprabhu and his association of devotees.

I want to know what if one get not initiated and do bhakti (devotional Service) by pure heart is it OK?

or one should be initiated (dikshit) must? will he attain the holy abode of the supreme lord?

can I be a disciple of Spiritual master without initiation, some one said me without spiritual master no liberation is possible.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Diksa is a PROCESS by wich one can awaken his transendental knowledge  and  vanquish all reactions caused by sinful activity. A person expert in the study of the releaved skriptures knows this process as diksa. Cc.Madhya 15.108

Diksa actually means initiaiting a disciple with trancendental knowledge by wich one becomes freed from all material contamination. cc.Madhya 4.111 

im refering here on the point PROCESS.

from the date of iniciation by a bona fide spiritual master the connection between Krishna and the person cultivating Krishna consciousness is established.  (from the book The Disciple and The Spiritual Master by Srila Prabhupada)

• thank you prabhuji :)

Hare Krishna

humble obeisance to all devotees and HG AC Bhaktivedant Swami

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

To reach God, there are 4 authorised paths (paramparas) as defined by God Himself. Therefore, one has to follow one of the paths necessarily. Getting initiated formally is not a criteria. 

Initiation is like getting a degree - the college acknowledges that this student has completed the particular course and the proficiency level of the student in the course. Same way, by getting initiation, ISKCON acknowledges that this devotee is following 4 and chanting 16. 

This helps in large organisations because wherever one goes in the world, ISKCON temples are there (mostly). One has to simply say I am initiated and this is my name. It is a both way recognition, by the sadhaka as well as by the organisation, that this person is expected to be a certain level in sadhana and knowledge. 

This has been my experience. I resisted initiation for 27 years. Finally after initiation, I get more service in the temple. Not only here, I can probably get service in temples in other locations also on the strength of my initiated status. 

To go to Godhead, chanting 16 and following 4 is enough. Krsna is not petty, He doesnt see degree (whether initiated or not). He sees only level of surrender of the soul. 

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• thank you so much

Radhay radhay

all the glories to HG AC Bhaktivedanta Swami

• This reply was deleted.
    • Radha radhay thank you so much for you response

my humble obeisance :)

• Vaikuntanath das : “Srila Prabhupada, we are
    distributing millions of books, but in the future when you are not here, how will these people who read your books be INITIATED?” Srila Prabhupada looked at him approvingly and answered, “One who reads my books, he is initiated automatically.”

Actually, initiation as a ceremony is only a formality that takes place after embracing the instruction of Srila Prabhupada (either from books or in person) into the heart. Just as the marriage ceremony takes place after a man and a woman have fallen in love. The love is a prerequsite, not the formality of marriage ceremony.

In a conversation with Madhudvisa, Prabhupada is asked, “What about a Christian who is reading the Bible, but has no spiritual master?” Prabhupada replies that “If one is reading the Bible, then he is following the spiritual master Lord jesus Christ.” Madhudvisa continues, “I mean a living spiritual master.” Prabhupada replies, “There is no question of living, the spiritual master is eternal. If one is reading the Bible, then he is following the spiritual master Lord Jesus Christ, and he may be assisted by some clergy man or priest in the church.”

(excerpted from http://hansadutta.com/hansadutta-as-it-is/2010/10/22/how-to-be-link...

When disciple is highly sincere, he can make anyone his guru & get perfect knowledge (like the story of 24 gurus). Guru is actually a principle. ( .... Gurur sakshat parabrahma tasmai shri gurave namah) (lecture by SHri Hit Premanand Govind Sharan Maharaj)

actual physical initiation, if possible, should be done, but it's not a pre-requisite, this is my understanding. 

All glories to Gurudev !!

How to be linked up with Srila Prabhupada | Hansadutta – World News As It Is
    • Hare Krishna thank you so much

my humble obeisance 

all the glories to his divine grace ac bhaktivedanta swami prabhupada

This reply was deleted.