is Gita practical ?

Dandavat to the lotus feet of all the Vaishnavas...

when Krishna advices to be perfect in our prescribed duties and when the same Krishna comes in the form of Mahaprabhu he doesnt perform his duties properly as a teacher and tells his students that he cant teach them anymore.....

Here Mahaprabhu though Lord Krishna himself who has no duties to perform, acting as a devotee to teach fallen soul how to practice Gita in their lives...

However this pastime of Mahaprabhu confuses me a bit.... can any vaishnav here kindly clear my doubt.... and help me to understand ... How cum mahaprabhu did not perform his duties after being a devotee and what lesson shall we take from this pastime to practice in our day to day life

Thank You Very much

your servant !!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dandavat to the lotus feet of all the Vaishnavas..

I am indeed greatful to all the vaishnavas for their kind explainations... I myself agree that whatever Mahaprabhu does would be all good and perfect in all the ways... However this part is bit confusing and I just request someone to remove this confusion arose in my dirty mind....
    My doubt is.. "Mahaprabhu leaves his duty as a teacher after being detovee however he advices Arjuna in Geeta not to leave his duty"...
    Can someone help me to clear this contridiction ???
    • Volunteer

Hare Krishna Sagar Jadav Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

please, could You bring those exact sentences from Chaitania Charitaamrita  about Lord's duty as a teacher and how He left it!

then we will see.

He was a Brahmana and Brahmana lives for charity does not get salary. He was very much learned in Shastras. and automatically people used to come to Him to learn grammar...but when He learned more high knowledge then He started to teach that high knowledge. Whole life He was a Teacher.

He never left His so called duty as a Teacher.

if You want to leave Your duty then there is no need to judge the Lord just say it directly.

Lord does not have any duty in this world in any other. He is Purnam whole complete. But we are not. when we separated from Purnam - Krishna then we should act independently and take care of ourselves. by earning money, buying food, clothes...otherwise we will die and nobody will give these things priceless.

This is simple truth. Just accept that we are turned away our face from Krishna and now we have to work. But when we by performing our duties as Devotional service then we will be freed from karma some day and would be able to go back to Krishna. And in Goloka there is no need to go to the office or to the university. There life is joyful!

-----------------------------------------

or else You want to stop Your material duties then You have to shave Your hair, wear saffron, keep celibacy and fully engage in the Temple service. and this will free You from any duties in this World. No doubt.

Your servant, 

• Thank you very much for kindly answering mataji

I was hearing recorded Gaur Lila by HH Radhanath Maharaj. I like hearing Gaur Lila when maharaj recites it. Maharaj explains how Nimai Pandit went to Gaya and became a devotee. After being devotee one day he got into ecstacy right infront of his students. When ever his studants asked him a query he just spoke about Krishna. So students went to Nimai Pandits teacher and told him how Nimai Pandit is behaving now a days. Then Nimai pandit's teacher adviced Nimai to perform his duties properly. He gave him examples of his father & grandfather and told Nimai how well they performed their duties. Then Nimai Pandit promised that he would tech the students well now. While teaching one day.. one of the student asked what is the meaning of "Dhatu"(verbal root) and Nimai again started talking about Krishna. This time he spoke for long 6 hours continouesly. When he realised this he spoke to his students...."what ??? I spoke for 6 hours and I dint even cover a single topic. Why dint u tell me ?"
        Then Nimai Pandit tells his students... "I must tell you with a sory heart that I can no longer teach you Grammer, Philosophy and Logic. You can go to any other teacher you like. I give you my blessings".. thus Nimai shut his books and resigned from being a teacher..
        Upon hearing this students said....."After having teacher like you how can we go to any other teacher ??"... and students also shut their books and resigns from being a student ...
        Then Nimai Pandit told them a last less..." whatever you do, wherver you are.. always remember Krishna and never forget it. And the best way to remember Krishna is to chant his holy name"
        This is how HH Radhanath Maharaj recites it....

Thank You

Your Servant

• Hare Krishna Sagar prabhu,

Prescribed duties are for the people situated in the mode of sattva.Devotional service is transcendetal. When one truly rises to that platform, the mode of goodness/sattva have been conquered.Most of us are insignificant souls and can hardly maintain sattva , what to talk about rising above it.Prescribed duties are for us. Chaitanya Mahaprabhu was not a soul like us.He was the lord and Radharani combined, and this form is just like Krishna i.e; transcendental. All his actions are transcendental.Infact this is one the essence of Bhagavad  Geeta -to understand that Lord and his activities are transcendental.They cannot be and should not be judged from a material perspective.

"what lesson shall we take from this pastime to practice in our day to day life"

The lesson that Mahaprabhu came to spread was the congregational chanting of the lord's name.The summary of Lord Chaitnaya's teaching is 

"harer naam harer naam harer naam kevalam... kalaustu nastir eva nastir eva gatir anyatha.." (Chaitanya Charitamrita)

which means in this age of quarrel and hypocrisy , it is only the name of Krishna/Hari which can deliver the mortal souls.

If you look closely the message is same;that to be able to surrender everything to the lord;whether it be through performing the prescribed duties perfectly( Sri Krishna) or by chanting the lord's names(Lord Chaitanya).

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Who told that Lord Chaitanya did not performed His duties perfectly???????????

He was a perfect Son, a perfect Husband a perfect Sannyassi.

His was Brahmana and He used to teach His students but in the beginning He thought Vedic Shlokas, Sanskrit etc. But later when He accepted initiation from a bona fide Spiritual Master He understood the real goal of Vedic scriptures and started to teach to chant the Holy Names and perform Devotional service. It is the meaning of all Vedas. It is the conclusion of all Vedas. 

In this way He did not say that He can not teach them anymore.  

---------------------------------------

Living perfect Grihastha ashram He took sannyasa order in order to preach much time. Other wise those days people did not respect grihasthas much, because of that He accepted sanyassa in order they respect Him and His preaching.

and when He was nearly 48 He left this world.

in 24 took sannyasa.

------------------------------------

there are several stages of the path of Bhakti.

when we are not pure yet from material attachments we have to serve in the mood that whatever i do i do for Krishna. For example, i like to eat apple, i offer it to Krishna and then eat. i like grihastha life, then i get married and organize my life in such a way that i will be able to offer everything to Him...

--------------------

when we become purer then we will think: "oh does Krishna love apple so that offering to Him?"

In this way we will start to do those things which Krishna loves and accept remnants.

--------------------------

by the time we will start to love to offer to Krishna what does He want. we will start to love to accept whatever Krishna gives us.

------------------------------

in this way everyone should know their real position by inquiring about senior Devotees or Guru. And they will advice to us what to do. 

Your servant, 

• Hare Krsna! Mahaprabhu had greater role to spread Sankirtan for the world.

Sometimes Prabhu jee, we do not see the obvious. It is not fault of eyes, it is the self which is covered by illusion.

Hari Bol!

This reply was deleted.