Is Chanting Hare Krishna Mahamantra enough for realization ?

I have been doing some diligent research on Self realization and one thing i have seen common in most of the spiritual practices is Devotion and Yoga (Meditation).

First Question

In this age of Kaliyug is Hare Krishna Mahamantra the most effective mantra ?

I read somewhere OM is the best mantra..

Second Question :

Is chanting just enough for the realization or we should do Yoga parallely like kriya Yoga..

Please advice. 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna Harish Prabhu,

Please accept my humble obeisances

All glories to srila prabhupada

I have been doing some diligent research on Self realization and one thing i have seen common in most of the spiritual practices is Devotion and Yoga (Meditation).

The word yoga means “link.” Any system of yoga is an attempt to reconnect our broken relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead. There are different types of yoga, of which bhakti-yoga is the best. In other yoga systems, one must undergo various processes before attaining perfection, but bhakti-yoga is direct. (from purport SB 10.2.6)

All other processes are on the yoga ladder leading us to bhakti.

brahmāṇḍa bhramite kona bhāgyavān jīva guru-kṛṣṇa-prasāde pāya bhakti-latā-bīja

Only very fortunate souls by mercy of Krishna and bonafied guru gets the seeds od devotional creeper.

First Question

In this age of Kaliyug is Hare Krishna Mahamantra the most effective mantra ?

Scriptures reinforce that this is the only process in kali yuga chanting Maha mantra - "Harer nama Harer nama Harer nama eve kevalam.."

I read somewhere OM is the best mantra.. - Prabhu we have to be very sure where we are taking knowledge from because in this world there are many cheaters, that is why it is very safe to follow srila prabhupada since he is in disciplic succession and he brought maha mantra from goloka "Golokera prema dhana hari nama sankirtana"

Second Question :

Is chanting just enough for the realization or we should do Yoga parallely like kriya Yoga..

For self realization and god realization, we simply need to follow the process laid down by srila prabhupada and previous acaryas and we can be very safe by that since it has been tested and proven.

Everything is included in Mahamantra

1) Chanting 16 rounds of Hare Krishna mahamnatra

2)Reading srila prabhupadas books 1 hr every day

3) Avoiding 10 offenses

If we all follow above then success is gauranteed.

Your Servant,

Priyanka

• Hare Krsna...

Dandvat pranam mataji..

Very nice reply..its helps me too.

Thank you

• Thanks Priyanka, As you said success is guaranteed...

I haven't come across much of people who actually succeeded

I hope they do come across and share thier experiences and inspire us.

Only Theories will not do

• I agree with you prabhu that we donot come across many people in day to day lifes who have succeeded, but we have trust in Srila Prabhupada, previous acharyas, parampara and process -they all have succeeded and rest for the people around us only lord knows and lord grants who is successful and who is not.

krishna himself says in Bhagavat Gita 7.3

Out of many thousands among men, one may endeavor for perfection, and of those who have achieved perfection, hardly one knows Me in truth.

and scriptures say :

"harer nama harer nama harer nama eva kevalam..." so there is no doubt about succeeding if we follow the process. It is our endeavor,faith, surrender,sincerity and above all lords mercy that determines our success prabhu. Good luck.

Your Servant,

Priyanka

This reply was deleted.