Is 25 right age for getting married???

Hare Krsna,

PAMHO AGSTP

Dear Devotees,

I am little bit confuse about the decision for my future life...coz as my parents are forcing me to get marry as I m already 25 and it is also written in the Scripture that it's the best age for getting marry.

But at the same point it's also very difficult to find a partner who is able to understand KC as we live in this material world, and People are too much involved materially these days...

Please help me....

Servant of the Servant..

Lokesh

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna,

Please read the article below written by Visakha Devi Dasi and which includes wonderful explanations about "What Makes It Rough, What Makes It Smooth" guidance given from quotes of HDG Srila Prabhupada.

http://content.iskcon.org/icj/9_1/visakha.html

Another thing is that I have come to realise that there are many wonderful female persons who are also advanced in KC. Of course, it may take you some research time to find the person who is appealing for you but you can be sure that such persons exist. In India, especially, there are such devotees, thanks to the help of Srila Prabhupada and other acaryas.

Rahul prabhu explained the importance of making sure in your mind that you will accept the responsibility that comes with the decision and that you are willing to improve on the KC side as much as possible. Usually, a husband is expected to guide and instruct his partner wife and together improve on the way back to Krsna.

The best and ideal attitude is to view the partner as a servant of Krsna and you as the servant of the servant of Krsna.

Hari bol,

ICJ - Serving Krsna as a Husband or a Wife - Visakha Devi Dasi
  • Hare Krsna, Lokesh Prabhu,

Before I comment on your query, let me tell you that, even I was facing the exact problem when I was 25, that is, 3 years ago. I got married last year and before my marriage, my wife was not knowing anything about KC. Now the situation is, within an year of my marriage, she is doing well proactively in KC.

Let me tell you, my dear friend, Birth, Marriage and Death of a human beings are 100% dependent on their individual destiny. If you would have read His Divine Grace Swami Srila Prabhupada's biography, you must have understood how negative his marital life was initially from KC perspective. However, he took proper advantage of the situation to come out of Maya & Karmic relations.

One's spouse, parents, children and even colleagues are all the results of Karmic Relations that we have with each other. So only solution is to be in KC and come out of those bindings by performing Yogah Karmasu Koushalam.

So, please do not see your spouse as someone who is other than a devotee. If you are a devotee and she is entering in your life (whomsoever she may be), she has those past life relations with you and she is here to make your grow spiritually only. It all depends upon our perspective.

Also, let me remind you about Krsna's promise to his devotees, where he says, 'Yogakshemam Vahamyaham'. So, why should we worry, how the spouse will be? If she will accept KC or not? Do not think over it. No need to think. It is of no use anyhow. Better change the perspective.

Devotees are there to guide you.

Dear Lokesh, I am not much elder to you nor do I have any experience of Marital Life except that of last 9-10 months. I am very new to ISKCON and therefore in all perspectives much immature also. However, I thought to share with you, what I felt. Forgive me, if I have made any mistake. I pray to Lord Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, to shower his grace onto you so that your doubts will be cleared and may you go spiritually well.

Gratitude to the holy feet of Srikrsna!

Sanjog A. Tilak

• Thanks a lot prabhu, please pray for me...

• Thanks a lot prabhu for the wonderful suggestion but still...

This reply was deleted.