How could we know of Krishna as swayam Bhagawan?

How could we not became the puppet in the hands of Apsampradaya ?

How we come to know the process of the love for Godhead ?

How could we find devotee association in such a vast scale ?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

these pastimes just gives me the chills because they are so wonderful. 

It seems Prabhupada was Rupa Manjari

http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/forum/topics/srila-prabhupada

The below table seems to get cut off, see herefor the full translation)

To add more about Srila Prabhupada, here is one of his poems from the Jaladutta:

The poem, “Prayer to the Lotus feet of Krsna”, was written on September 13th 1965, in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. Three days earlier Srila Prabhupada writes in his ship diary,” Today the ship is plying very smoothly. I feel today better. But I am feeling separation of Sri Vrndavana and my Lords Sri Govinda, Gopinath, Radha-Damodara. My only solace is Sri Caitanya-caritamrta in which I am tasting the nectar of Lord Caitanya’s lila. I have left Bharat-bhumi just to execute the order of Sri Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati in pursuance of Lord Caitanya’s order. I have no qualification but I have taken up the risk just to carry out the order of His Divine Grace. I depend fully on Their mercy so far away from Vrndavan”. Three days later, in this mood of pure devotion, His Divine Grace composed the following prayer. 

(refrain)

Kŗşņa taba puŋya habe bhāi 
    e-puŋya koribe jabe rādhārāŋī kushī habe
    dhruva ati  boli tomā tāi

I emphatically say to you, O brother, you will obtain your good fortune from the Supreme Lord Krsna only when Srimati Radhrani becomes pleased with you

(1)

śrī-siddhānta saraswatī śacī-śuta priya ati 
    Kŗşņa-sebāya jăra tula nāi
    sei se mohānta-guru jagater madhe uru
    kŗşņa-bhakti dey ţhăi ţhăi

Sri Srimad Bhakti siddhanta Sarasvati Thakura, who is very Dear to Lord Gauranga, the son of mother Saci, is unparalleled in his service to the supreme Lord Sri Krsna. He is that great saintly spiritual master who bestows intense devotion to Krsna at different places throughout the world.

(2)

tāra icchā balavān pāscātyete thān thān 
    hoy jāte gaurānger nām
    prthivite nagarādi āsamudra nada nadi
    sakalei loy kŗşŋa nām

By his strong desire, the holy name of Lord Gauranga will spread throughout all the countries of the western world. In all the cities, towns and villages on the earth, from all the oceans, seas rivers and streams, everyone will chant the holy name of Krsna.

(3)

tāhale ānanda hoy tabe  hoy digvijay 
    caitanyer krpā atisay
    māyā dustajata duhkhi jagate sabai  sukhi
    vaişŋaver icchā pūrna hoy

As the vast mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu conquers all directions a flood of transcendental ecstasy will certainly cover the land. When all the sinful, miserable living entities become happy, the Vaisnavas’ desire is then fulfilled.

(4)

se kārjaje  koribare ājnā jadi dilo more
    jogya nahi ati dina hina
     tai se tomāra krpā māgitechi anurūpā
    āji tumi sabār pravina

Although my Guru Maharaja ordered me to accomplish this mission, I am not worthy or fit to do it. I am very fallen and insignificant. Therefore, O Lord, now I begging for Your mercy so that I may become worthy, for You are the wisest and most experienced of all.

(5)

tomāra se śaktipele guru-sebayā bastu mile
    jivana sārhtak jadi hoy
    sei se  sebā  pāile tāhale sukhi hale
     taba sańga bhāgyate miloy

If You bestow Your power , by serving the spiritual master one attains the Absolute Truth – one’s life becomes sucessful. If that service is obtained, then one becomes happy and gets Your association due to good fortune.

(6)

evam janam nipatitam prabhavāhi-kupe
    kāmābhikamām anu yah prapatan prasangāt
    Krtvatmasāt surarsinā bhagavan grhitah
    so ‘ham katham nu visrje tava bhrtya-sevām

“My dear Lord, O Supreme Personality of Godhead, because of my association with material desires, one after another, I was gradually  falling into a blind well full of snakes, following the general populace. But Your servant Narada Muni kindly accepted me as his disciple and instructed me how to achieve this transcendental position. Therefore, my first duty is to serve him. How could I leave his service?” |Prahlada Maharaja to Lord Nrsimhadeva, Srimad-Bhagavatam 7.9.28]

(7)

tumi mor cira sāthi bhuliyā māyār lāthi
    khāiyāchi janma-janmāntare
    āji punah e sujoga jadi hoy jogājoga
    tabe pāri tuhe milibāre

O lord Krsna, you are my eternal companion. Forgetting You , I have suffered the kicks of maya birth after birth.  If today the chance to meet You occurs again, then I will surely be able to rejoin you.

(8)

tomāra milane bhāi ābār se sukha pāi
    gocārane ghuri din bhor
    kata bane chutāchuti bane khai lutāputi
    sei din kabe habe mor

O dear friend, in Your company I will experience great joy once  again. In the early morning I will wander about the cowherd pastures and fields. Running and frolicking in the many forests of Nraja,  I will roll on the ground in spiritual ecstasy. Oh, when will that day be mine?

(9)

āji se  subidhane tomāra smarana bhelo 
    boro āsā dākliām tāi
    āmi tomāra nitya-dāsa tāi kori eta āśa
    tumi binā anya gati nāi

Today that remembrance of You came to me in a very nice way. Because I have great longing I called to You. I am your eternal servant and therefore I desire Your association so much. O Lord Krsna, except for You there is no other means of success.

If you think about this poem and the underlying meanings and significance, it's simply beautfiul

• Volunteer

some parts got cut off, so I will just add it as a new post

• Volunteer

please prabhu let's not delete this thread. we are all providing such wonderful teachings and such wonderful pastimes. It will all be lost because a few people misunderstanding. 

=============================================================

Was looking for some other interesting pastimes and came across this website:

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/Brahma_Madhva_Gaudiya_Disciplic_Succes...

Srila Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami (1505 A.D. to 1579 A.D.) met Sri Caitanya when He visited Varanasi and stayed at the house of Tapana Mishra, the father of Raghunatha Bhatta. Raghunatha was just a boy, but washed the Lord's dishes and massaged His legs. When he grew to a young man, he visited Lord Caitanya at Jagannatha Puri for eight months. Later, the Lord ordered him to go to Vrindavana under the care of Srila Rupa Gosvami. By regular recitation of the Srimad-Bhagavatam for Rupa Gosvami, Raghunatha Bhatta attained perfectional love of Krishna. Srila Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami's spiritual identity is Raga Manjari. Her service is painting in the spiritual abode. His history is more fully explained in the Caitanya-caritamrita (Adi-lila, 10.154 onwards).

Srila Gopala Bhatta Gosvami (1503 A.D. to 1578 A.D.) formerly belonged to the Ramanuja sampradaya, but joined the Gaudiya sampradaya. When Lord Caitanya toured South India, He stayed four months at the house of Venkata Bhatta, Gopal Bhatta's father. During that time Gopal Bhatta served the Lord and was later initiated by his uncle, the great sannyasi Prabodhananda Sarasvati. He went to Vrindavana and was cared for by Sanatana and Rupa Gosvami. He also established the Radharamana Deity in Vrindavana and accepted Srinivasa Acharya and Gopinatha Pujari as two of his disciples. Srila Gopala Bhatta Gosvami is an incarnation of Ananga Manjari or Guna Manjari. She performs the service of offering water to Sri Sri Radha and Krishna. (Cc.Adi-lila, 10.105.pur.)

Raghunatha dasa Gosvami (1495 A.D. to 1571 A.D.) came from a family of Vaishnavas. Although he was a family man, he had no attachment for it. Though his father and uncle put up guards to prevent him from leaving, Raghunatha still managed to escape and meet Lord Caitanya at Jagannatha Puri. He went on to write three books, the Stava-mala (Stavavali), Dana-carita and Mukta-carita. He lived a long time, residing mostly at Radha Kunda near Vrindavana. He gave up most eating and sleeping, and was only concerned with chanting the holy names of Krishna. His eyes were always full of tears of ecstasy. Srila Raghunatha Dasa Gosvami is the incarnation of Rasa Manjari, or sometimes called Rati Manjari or Tulasi Manjari. She messages the feet of Sri Sri Radha and Krishna. (His story is found in Caitanya-caritamrita, Adi-lila.10.91)

Srila Rupa Gosvami (1489 A.D. to 1564 A.D.) was directly instructed by Lord Caitanya. His writings were extensive and quite advanced, many of which have been used as the foundation of the standards the Gaudiya Vaishnavas continue to follow. His writings include the Vidagdha-madhavaLalita-madhavaBhakti-rasamrita-sindhuUjjvala-nilamani, and others. Srila Rupa Gosvami is the incarnation of Sri Rupa Manjari. In the spiritual realm of Goloka Vrindavana she engages in offering golden colored betel nuts to Their Lordships.

Srila Sanatana Gosvami (1488 A.D. to 1558 A.D.) was also directly instructed by Lord Caitanya. He established temples in Vrindavana and wrote several prominent books and commentaries, such as Brihad-BhagavatamritaHari-bhakti-vilasaVaishnava-toshani (commentary on the 10th Canto of the Srimad-Bhagavatam), and Brihad-vaishnava-toshani (full commentary on the Bhagavatam). Srila Sanatana Gosvami is Lavanga or Lila Manjari, sometimes called Rati Manjari, one of the leaders of Srimati Radharani's maidservants. Her service is offering garlands of cloves to Their Lordships. (Cc.Adi-lila.10.84.pur)

Another associate of Lord Caitanya is Srila Lokanatha Gosvami, who is an incarnation of Manjulali Manjari. Her service is assisting Sri Sri Radha and Krishna in dressing.

Other associates of Lord Caitanya are the sakhis in the spiritual world. For example, Svarupa Damodara is an incarnation Lalita Sakhi, also called Anuradha, one of the nitya-sakhis. Her service includes offering betel nuts for the pleasure of Sri Sri Radha and Krishna.

The person known as Govindananda is Chitra Sakhi. Her spiritual service is offering garlands of cloves to Sri Sri Radha and Krishna.

Basu Ramananda is the sakhi known as Indurekha. She offers the Divine Couple honey in the spiritual realm.

Shivananda Sena is the incarnation of Champakalata. Her special service is to offer jewels and waving the camara fan for their Lordships.

Govinda Ghosh is the incarnation of Rangadevi. Her service is to offer sandalwood pulp.

Vakreshvara Pandit is an incarnation of Tungavidya Sakhi. Her special service is singing and dancing for the pleasure of Sri Sri Radha and Krishna.

Vasudeva Ghosh is the incarnation of Sudevi, the twin sister of Tungavidya. Her special service is in offering water.

Ramananda Raya, the person who had the conversation with Lord Caitanya which revealed the highest ideals of spiritual devotional sentiment, has been identified as an incarnation of Visakha Gopi, one of the param-prestha sakhis. Her service in the spiritual realm is to decorate Sri Sri Radha-Krishna with cloths and ornaments. Visakha Gopi would have been the perfect person to help Lord Caitanya reveal the highest levels of service to Srimati Radharani. However, Kavikarnapura has identified Ramananda Raya as Lalita Sakhi, as well as priyanarma sakha Arjuna and pure sambandhi Pandava Arjuna. As Pandava Arjuna, some feel that the conversation between Ramananda and Lord Caitanya is the reenactment of speaking the Bhagavad-gita, but with the roles of teacher and student reversed, and with higher spiritual truths being revealed regarding the devotional love capable of being developed by a devotee.

Other associates of Lord Caitanya include Sikhi Mahiti, who was formerly Ragalekha, an assistant of Srimati Radharani.

Gauridasa Pandita, was an incarnation of Lord Krishna's friend Subala, according to the Gaura-ganoddesap-dipika.

Haridas Thakura was the incarnation of Lord Brahma. It was after Lord Brahma's humble prayers to take birth and become an associate of the Lord in His earthly pastimes did Brahma become blessed to appear as Haridasa Thakura. He was the notedacharya of the chanting of the holy names of the Lord, specifically in the form of the Hare Krishna maha-mantra. He used to chant the Lord's holy names 300,000 times a day.

Vasudeva Datta was the incarnation of Prahlada Maharaja.

Raghunatha Vaidya was formerly Revati, the wife of Lord Balarama.

Kashi Mishra was formerly the hunchback, Kubja, during Krishna's time.

Bhavananda Raya was formerly Pandu, and his five sons, namely Ramananda Raya, Pattanayaka Gopinatha, Kalanidhi, Subhanidhi, and Nayaka Vaninatha, were formerly the five Pandavas.

Lord Caitanya's family brother, Vishvarupa, son of Jagannatha Mishra, was an incarnation of Baladeva, Krishna's brother.

Sarvabhauma Bhattacharya, one of the greatest logicians at the time, wanted to teach Lord Caitanya Vedanta, but after hearing Lord Caitanya's explanation, he became His student. It is recognized that Sarvabhauma was an incarnation of the great sage Brihashpati. Gopinatha Acharya, husband of the sister of Sarvabhauma, was formerly the gopi in the spiritual world named Ratnavali.

King Prataparudra was previously King Indradyumna who had established the Jagannatha temple in Puri many hundreds of years previous. He later took birth again in his own family to participate in Lord Caitanya's pastimes as King Prataparudra.

Jagai and Madhai, the ruffians who threatened Lord Nityananda and Hari Thakura, were formerly the two gatekeepers of Vaikuntha, Jaya and Vijaya, who were also Hiranyaksha and Hiranyakashipu in previous incarnations.

He has also provided a wonderful list

Gaura Lila                                                                              Krishna Lila

1. Sacinandana Gaurahari Caitanya Mahaprabhu                     Syamasundara, Sri Krishna

2. Sacimata                                                                                     Yasodamayi

3. Jagannatha Misra                                                                       Nanda Maharaja 

4. Laksmipriya                                                                                 Janaki & Rukmini

5. Vishnupriya                                                                                  Bhu Devi

6. Nityananda Rama                                                                       Lord Balarama

7. Hadai Pandita                                                                             Vasudeva

8. Padmavati                                                                                   Rohini

9. Jahnava Mata                                                                              Ananga Manjari

10. Vasudha                                                                                     Varuni Devi

11. Biracandra                                                                             Kshirodakashayi Vishnu

12. Ganga Devi                                                                                Ganga Mayi

13. Advaita Prabhu                                                                  Sadashiva / Mahavishnu

14. Sita Devi                                                                                     Yogamaya

15. Gadadhara Pandita                                                                   Srimati Radharani

16. Srivasa Thakura                                                                         Narada Muni

17. Malini Devi                                                                                  Ambika Devi

18. Pundarika Vidyanidhi                                                                Vrishabhanu Maharaja

19. Mukunda Dasa                                                                           Vrinda Devi

20. Saranga Thakura                                                                       Nandimukhi

21. Govinda Acarya                                                                         Paurnamasi

22. Svarupa Damodara                                                                   Lalita Sakhi

23. Raya Ramananda                                                                      Visakha Sakhi

24. Govindanandana Thakura                                                         Citra Sakhi

25. Ramananda Vasu                                                                      Indulekha Sakhi

26. Sivananda Sena                                                                         Campakalata Sakhi

27. Vakresvara Pandita                                                                   Tungavidya Sakhi

28. Govinda Ghosa                                                                           Rangadevi Sakhi

29. Vasudeva Ghosa                                                                        Sudevi Sakhi

30. Raghava Pandita                                                                        Dhanistha Sakhi

31. Rupa Gosvami                                                                            Rupa Manjari

32. Raghunatha Dasa Gosvami                                                      Rati Manjari

33. Sanatana Gosvami                                                                     Lavanga Manjari

34. Jiva Gosvami                                                                               Vilasa Manjari

35. Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami                                                     Rasa Manjari

36. Gopal Bhatta Gosvami                                                               Guna Manjari

37. Lokanatha Gosvami                                                                    Manjulali Manjari

38. Krishnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami                                                 Kasturi Manjari

39. Ramacandra Puri                                                                        Jatila Gopi

40. Kholavecha Sridhara                                                                  Madhumangala Sakha

41. Narahari Sarkara                                                                        Madhumati Sakhi

42. Gauridasa Pandita                                                                     Subala Sakha

43. Abhirama Thakura                                                                      Sridama Sakha

44. Sikhi Mahiti                                                                                  Ragalekha Sakhi

45. Madhavi Mahiti                                                                            Kalakeli Sakhi

46. Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya                                                        Brihaspati Maharaja

47. Paramananda Puri                                                                     Uddhava Mahasaya

48. Keshava Bharati                                                                         Akrura / Sandipani Muni

49. Jagai & Madhai                                                                          Jaya & Vijaya

50. Gopinatha Acharya                                                                    Caturmukha Brahma

51. Haridasa Thakura                                                                      Prahlada / Brahma

52. Nilambara Cakravarti                                                                Garga Acharya

53. Devananda Pandita                                                                   Bhaguri Rishi

54. Gangadasa                                                                                 Durvasa Muni

55. Vrindavana Dasa Thakura                                                        Vedavyasa

56. Vallabha Bhatta                                                                          Sukadeva Gosvami

57. Madhavendra Puri   

58. Isvara Puri

59. Narottama Dasa Thakura                                                          Champaka Manjari

60. Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura                                                 Vinoda-Vallari Manjari

61. Jagannatha Dasa Babaji                                                           Rasika Manjari

62. Bhaktivinoda Thakura                                                                 Kamala Manjari

63. Gaurakishora Dasa Babaji                                                        Guna Manjari

64. Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati                                                         Nayana-Mani Manjari

65. A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada                                 -----   Manjari

I heard about a few in lectures, but this is a truly memorizing list

Brahma-Madhva-Gaudiya Disciplic Succession
    Brahma-Madhva-Gaudiya Disciplic Succession
  • Volunteer

Hare Krishna. Dandavat to all devotees. All glories to Srila Prabhupada

Glorifying means Kirtanam and Kirtanam is one of the process out of 9 limbs (Sravanam, Kirtanam, Visnu Smaranam)of Bhakti.  Sa vai manah krsna-padāravindayor vacāmsi vaikuntha-gunānuvarnane , Ambarisha maharaja said. Disciple Glorify Guru out of Love and gratitude. If we see our pre KC life our mind would filled with horror. If Prabhupada would not have been there we would have been sink more n more into the material darkness. By glorifying devotees and Guru the envy from our heart fades away. Without Glorifying one can't progress an iota in devotional service infact Bhakti is all about Glorifying "Vaikuntha Gunanuvarnan".

I think few have misunderstood the question of Rahul Prabhuji. Here Rahul Prabhuji's intention was to glorify Srila Prabhupada. Where the question of mental speculation comes. There is no need to make things complicated.

Your servant

Hari Bol

• Volunteer

that's what i thought, i mean Rahul prabhu is an advanced devotee too so I got a bit confused. My apologies Rahul Prabhu for the misunderstanding. Please forgive me and shed some of your mercy on such ignorant fools like myself.

Dandavats to you and Mihir prabhu

• Volunteer

When i was going for the first time to the Temple to stay there one senior Devotee from Russia very intensely requested me one thing:

-PLEASE, NO MATTER WHAT BE RESPECTFUL TO DEVOTEES AND CONSIDER YOURSELF LOWER THAN THEM.

And that his advice is still with me which i am trying my best in order to follow that.

In the beginning we are enthusiastic and very much eager to serve to Krishna and have very big faith, taste...but after some time our mind purifies to some extent and we start to see bad qualities of other Devotees even Senior ones, who tolerated us for our bad qualities, and that time we commit offenses because of pride...and that is the cause of our fall down.  

Anyways, it is not about You Radhe Prabhuji, but it happens generally.

So let's think before we do or say something!

Your servant, 

• Volunteer

True True. 100%. We all know Krsna's mysterious actions. This will be one of those lessons I will never forget. 

• Volunteer
    I have to agree with Zola mataji... These if questions never have a purpose in real life. We look for that which gives us answers not that which drags us into a world of speculation (KC wise).

But let me ask you a question in response to your question. If Prabhupada had not appeared in this material world, would Krishna Consciousness be existing (ie. would Lord Chaitanya have also appeared 500 years ago)?...
    If the answer is yes, then your question can't exist because Lord Chaitanya predicted that in each and every village in each and every corner of the world Krsna's glories will be sung. So there will be a Prabhupada, though his name may not be AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. Besides there are numerous Prabhupadas but we just do not hear or call them that. Prabhupada means Lotus Feet, and Rupa Goswami was all A Prabhupada, as was Bhaktisiddhanta Sarswati. Prabhupada is just a respectful title given to our spiritual master, and its easier to call him that then his full name. He was initially called Swamiji.. I forget how exactly the name Prabhupada was given, but I think it was raised by some devotees who asked him if they could call him that. He accepted.

If the answer is no, then your question has no meaning to it.

I hope that makes sense. just think about the present and the future, leave the what ifs for good... They are pointless in terms of Krsna consciousness.
This reply was deleted.