Hare Krishna 

Dandwat Pranam

Dear Devotees I think that I am praying to Sri Krishna very much but I think it is not having any effect on me. Rather I sometimes become very depressed, feel mood swings from time to time can't focus on my studies, getting distracted by bad things, became clumsy etc. Earlier I was away from spirituality and my life was a mess and so I started praying but still I have not changed much. Is there some fault with me pls enlighten me as I want to rectify myself...

Dandwat Pranam 

Hare Krishna 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna!

It's wonderful that you have taken to prayer and spirituality to improve your life. Sometimes, despite our efforts, we may not see immediate changes or experience difficulties along the way. Here are some spiritual remedies based on Vedic scriptures and the teachings of Srila Prabhupada that may help you in your journey:

1. Consistency and Patience: Just as a farmer diligently waters the seeds and patiently waits for them to grow, our spiritual progress also requires consistency and patience. Keep praying to Sri Krishna regularly, even if you don't see immediate results. Trust that your sincere efforts are being noticed and will bear fruit in due course.

"In whatever way one surrenders unto Me, I reciprocate with them accordingly. Everyone follows My path, knowingly or unknowingly, O son of Pritha." Bhagavad-gita (9.22)

1. Association of Devotees: Surround yourself with devotees who can inspire and guide you on your spiritual journey. Engage in discussions, attend satsangs, and associate with like-minded individuals who share your spiritual aspirations. Their association will provide support, encouragement, and valuable insights.

"Association with devotees is recommended because by association one gradually develops the desired qualities." Srimad Bhagavatam (11.3.21) 

1. Regular Study of Scriptures: Dive deeper into the Vedic scriptures, such as the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad Bhagavatam. Regularly reading and studying these sacred texts will provide you with spiritual knowledge, guidance, and inspiration. It will help you understand the purpose of life and strengthen your connection with Sri Krishna.

"One should therefore understand what is duty and what is not duty by the regulations of the scriptures. Knowing such rules and regulations, one should act so that he may gradually be elevated." Bhagavad-gita (16.24)

Remember, spiritual progress is a gradual process, and everyone's journey is unique. Just as a caterpillar undergoes a transformation before becoming a butterfly, our spiritual growth takes time and effort. Stay determined, have faith in the process, and continue your prayers and devotional practices. Sri Krishna, being the most merciful, will surely guide and bless you on your path of self-improvement. 

Watch >>  प्रार्थना की शक्ति का चमत्कार | Miracle and Power o...

2qkduyu4jn271.jpg?auto=webp&s=2e0e88646739d0d5887937706fd72290fe2be081

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

At student life, why so much lack of peace ? 

YOu dont have responsibility to earn and run your family, keep your job against all odds, or do any household chores to run the house, right? You have to study and play  -  thats all, right? So along with play/ instead of play, you have added Krsna. That is very good. Then why you are sad?

I think you need some personalised guidance. If possible, please connect with local ISKCON temple and speak with any inmate of the temple. I am sure all will be older than you and in a position to guide you. 

Praying to Krsna gives peace. Are you chanting mahamantra ? How many rounds? Which of the regulative principles you face difficulty in following? Do you have support from family?

Calm down. Understand one thing  -  sadhana requires a lot of patience. SOmetimes it is beyond one lifetime even. That should not deter us. Satatam kirtayanto mam - Krsna says in Bhagvad Gita - consistenly pray to Me. The key is sincerity, consistency, patience, perseverance, humility. These get developed when one chants properly. Everything begins with proper chanting. 

Please revert with answers. Then maybe I can guide you further.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna,

12129658657?profile=RESIZE_930x

Here is a discussion between a spiritual master and his disciple who was facing similar problems. I thought this conversation may help.

Dandwat Pranam

Warm Regards

This reply was deleted.