i need to know how to pray

Hare Krsna and Hari bol.. i have a question and as a servant of all, i hope someone would kindly help me

for long, i have always been praying while standing in front of the altar. then someone told me that i should sit and do so. 

i am not sure which one is right. could anyone tell me as to how i should pray? should i stand or sit or is any one of these two correct?

please enlighten me prabhujis and matajis. dandavats and pranams

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

here is lecture of His Holiness Bhakti Tirtha Swami http://iskconleaders.com/seminar-on-prayers-audio-lectures-by-bhakt...

on prayers.

Your servant, 

Seminar on Prayers Audio Lectures by Bhakti Tirtha Swami
  • A true yogi observes Me in all beings and also sees every being in Me.  Indeed, a self-realized person sees Me everywhere.  For one who sees Me everywhere and sees everything in Me, I am never lost, nor is he ever lost to me.

Krishna:  Fix everything on Me, Arjuna.  Do not just work with the body and let the mind go elsewhere.  No, first fix your mind on Me.  Not like the servant of the king who renders service, but his mind is on his salary and his relatives.  No.  That is not the symptom of devotion.  So much service may be done, but the mind is the key and the test.  The mind must be fixed on the object of service. Therefore fix your mind on Me, and that thinking should be natural like honey which flows from a bottle. Fix the mind like that.  Become My devotee and worship Me, and then with love, offer your obeisances to Me. Being completly absorbed in Me, surely you will come to Me

• thank you prabhu. i have got your answer, it was very well put. thank you and hari bol!!

This reply was deleted.