I need advice, help me out please.

Hare Krsna,

Accept my humble obesiances 

Glories to Shrila Prabhupada and devotees,

So, basically I have been chanting for months, but I was unstable. Now its been some while and I have been very dedicated to chanting and want to grow in Krsna consciousness. My family is a non devotee, and after chanting daily and asking for Krsna's guidance, somehow I have successfully become a vegetarian, though I want to be Krishnaterian. Also I am allowed to go ISKCON sometimes, but I hide from my family and go to temple secretely when they are not at home. I have no doubts that chanting made me a  a vegeterian and i realised how powerful the chanting is and it's so effective in our life and Lord's mercy. 

Its been somewhile and I am very dedicated to chant minimum of 16 rounds and sometimes 18 rounds or 20 rounds. So, onion and garlic is pretty much in use in my home and I want to chant on tulsi beads. Currently I chant on neem japa mala. Is it possible to chant on tulsi beads? But I try to avoid it as much as I can. I am concerned about the offenses, please guide me dear devotees.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare KRsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

Very inspired to see your dedication to advance in Krsna Consiousness. However, chanting of neem beads is recommended until one reaches a certain level. Tulsi beads are to be more careful with.

Once you are able to follow all 4 regulative principles, including giving up onion and garlic, you may then switch to tulsi beads. Till then, Punckech prabhu's suggestion seems to be good. 

Haribol,

your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Chaitanya Mahaprabhu used to chant on His fingers. I myself do japa right now only 3 rounds per day on my fingers. I  use my mobile phone as Altar (pictures). This age you can most probably do anything. What if you purchased tulasi beads and placed them beside you? Then chanted in her presence this seems also like a good idea ?

• Haribol! Prabhu ji, seems a good idea but I feel if Tulsi Devi will have more mercy and blessings on us for Bhakti if I would chant on Tulasi beads. Thank you for your advice. 
      Hare Krsna..

• you can purchase Tulasi Bracelet online. When you do japa wear it after japa take it off. ? right?

• Well it says chanting next to tulasi (any kind) esp plant is good. 

This reply was deleted.