I am initial stage devotee so pls help me

Hare Krishna.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Pls accept my humble obeisances.

I am an initial stage devotee. There are many things which i need to know. I love reading more n more about Krishna and His devotees. Pls help me n guide me. Also pls let me know if I can serve any of the devotee in any way.

Ys

Ratika Arora

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The great service you can give is to be firm in devotional services.if possible go to the nearest iskcon temple and get in touch with devotees, and have some practical service, when dealing with devotees keep in mind that iskcon is like a hospital where there may be patients as well as physicians.obey senior devotees and be care ful of mayas attack and unauthorized interpretations of sastra.enhance chanting rounds but there keep standards and minimum rounds (not altogether jump into the higher levels by severe austerities) be progressive and read daily from srila prabhupada books, if possible eat Prasadam only or atleast honor prasadam daily.thus keeping yourself is the best service to all.
  • by serving the lord (listening about his past times, chanting and singing his holy names, remembering him,..),

then all gods devotees and celestials, are very satisfied with you.

actually, all living entities are pleased.

• Hare Krishna

:)

Dear Ratika ji, A few months back I used to think exactly the same way you have written in your post. :) I wanted to do more and more of service to the  Lord. i used to bathe, dress, offer prasad, do arati, sing bhajans, chant, read content related to the Lord etc. But I was not satisfied. Then I thought a lot and started making Him sleep by changing Him and sing a shayan bhajan while pressing His legs. I got immense pleasure while doing this as I felt He is soothed.

I always feel whatever I do is less and then I get eager to do more. Whoever I asked said 'you are doing excellent service' I became anxious. But I was not getting useful answers.  Then finally I begged from the one from whom we get everything. I actually sat before my Ladoo Gopal ji  alone and requested Him to give me more service opportunities, begged Him to make me do more service.

What do you think happened after that? 

:) He actually opened more doors for more service for me. That is another fascinating story of His mercy. I suggest you actually beg from Him himself for more of His service. If you believe that He will provide, then He will provide. :)

• Nityananda gauranga Hare krishna

Please accept my humble obeisances. I hope many devotees have given very valuable information and many links. As a most  fallen soul, i would like to contribute some good links which are already available on this database...

www.vedisearch.com

www.radha.name

www.stephen-knapp.com

www.nitaaiveda.com

www.harekrishnalinks.com

http://www.romapadaswami.com/Inquiries/IITA_full.pdf

Kindly download as much information as possible from the above websites and go through them....daily...

Trying to an insignificant servant

Srikrishna Gauranga Nitai Das

gauranganitaidas1827@gmail.com

srikrishnagauranganitaidas1827@gmail.com

• Hari Bol.

Jai Gauranga. Jai Nityananda. Radhe Radhe.

Dandvat Pranam. My humble obeisances unto you.

All Glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Thank you so much Prabhuji for such important n valuable information. Yes I got so much valuable information from the other devotees too n thanks to all of them for being so full of mercy. I try to read the information on the links shared. Wonderful links Prabhuji. Thank you so much for all your mercy and Mataji's mercy.

Ys

Ratika

• Volunteer

We are so happy for You dear Ratika Mataji :)

Happy that You have so much desire to know about Krishna and about His Devotees.

Once one senior disciple of Srila Prabhupada asked him a question:

"What we need to have to progress in Krishna Consciousness very fast?"

Srila Prabhupada was walking and when he sat in the car he replied with one word.

And that was:

DESIRE!

If we have desire to serve to Krishna then Krishna will arrange everything for us to serve Him better and better.

And to keep our desire focused and strong we need to be with people who have similar Desires.

So as Devotees here told: Vaishnava association!

It is the WAY FOR SUCCESSFUL, blissful life.

You may try to associate with sincere Devotees by personally attending Temple programs;

Make many friends among Your equals;

Whenever You find opportunity render menial services to them; It maybe washing pots, cutting vegetables, sweeping flours...

I see Temple president - HG Radha Gopinath Prabhu - very senior Brahmachari at Sri Sri Radha Gopinath Mandir cleaning flour after younger Brahmacharis woke up.

I see another senior preacher, editor of Back to Godhead - HG Shyamanand Prabhu washing, REGULARLY, plates of guests after Sunday feast. And not one or two but up to 2000.

So this service attitude to others, especially Vaishnavas will help us to collect many blessings of such souls. In this way we will be desired to be seen by KRISHNA.

:)

Other types of associations are:

* reading Books like Bhagavad Gita and understanding the meaning of it and then applying the knowledge in Your practical life.

* hearing video, audio lectures and again, applying knowledge in Your life;

* visiting iskcondesiretree.com and asking questions ;) :) or help those who asked same things.

Your servant,

• Hari Bol.

Jai Gauranga. jai Nityananda.Dandvat Pranam. My humble obeisances unto you.

All Glories to Srila Prabhupada. Thank you so much Mataji for such valuable advices. I am trying to follow them as much as I can. And I really feel so blessed for the causeless mercy of Radha Madhava, Srila Prabhupada ji and alll of you that I can now little bit serve my Deities and can see a smile on Their face. Pls give me some chance to serve you or any devotee would love to do that. About visiting the Temple frequently n serving n associating here is no Iskcon temple. Nearest Temple is in Chandigarh. I try to visit there.

Hari Hari Bol.

Ys

Ratika

• Hare Krishna Ratika Mataji! Welcome to the family of Krishna Consciousness!

Krishna enlightens everyone's heart who wants to be emerged in the love of Krishna and wants to go back to Him. You are in the right path of spiritual road to home. Exalted devotees like Sapan Prabhu and Rashmi mataji provided you with very important links to acquire knowledge you need to nurture you base of faith, bhakti and devotion to Krishna. I am wholeheartedly wishing your steady, gradual and rapid success. Please feel free to post your questions if you need to clarify your thinking instead of speculation. I would like to cite the following verses for you from Bhagavad Gita: 

O best among the Bhāratas, four kinds of pious men begin to render devotional service unto Me — the distressed, the desirer of wealth, the inquisitive, and he who is searching for knowledge of the Absolute B.G. 7.16

Of these, the one who is in full knowledge and who is always engaged in pure devotional service is the best. For I am very dear to him, and he is dear to Me. B. G. 7.17

Your insignificant servant,

Amal 

• hare krishna hplz keep reading bhagbadgita regularly....which decrive by prabhupad...bring it from iskcon i suggest you to start to read it from second chapter named SANKHOJOG. and also think him god of all god...or creator and destroyer of all god....and chant always hare krishna mahamantra..in every time of day when possible...

• Hari Bol.

I have the copy of Bhagvad Gita by Srila Prabhupada and I read it daily. I chant also.. Pls bless me so that i can walk properly.

This reply was deleted.