I am initial stage devotee so pls help me

Hare Krishna.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Pls accept my humble obeisances.

I am an initial stage devotee. There are many things which i need to know. I love reading more n more about Krishna and His devotees. Pls help me n guide me. Also pls let me know if I can serve any of the devotee in any way.

Ys

Ratika Arora

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna,

In addition to what the other devotees have already recommended, I suggest you read the following book:

A beginner's guide to Krsna Consciousness - by HH Bhakti Vikas Swami

It has a lot of practical advice and information.

From my own experience, chanting and eating prasadam are among most important activities because they help

clear our impurities and progress rapidly. Even if you do not feel like chanting, please hear maha mantra songs.

To learn about Lord Krsna, I recommend watching TV Serials like Mahabharata (BR Chopra) and Krsna Story.

Youtube has all the episodes so you should be able to watch. Any difficulty to find them, let me know.

Haribol,

• Hari Bol.

Thank you so much Prabhuji. I do chant and I love chanting as it gives great power. I try to gather knowledge as much as possible. I serve my deities too. Pls lemme know if I need to do anything more.

Ys

Ratika

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

Welcome to the journey back home, back to godhead.

What you need to do is - 1) associate with devotees as much as possible. You will learn more in association than in anything else. 2) Chant the mahamantra - start with 4 rounds daily and gradually increase 2 rounds per week/ month till you reach 16 rounds. While chanting, there are no rules, except that you haev to chant loudly enough for you to hear, and you should hear your own chanting with attention. 3) I am assuming you cook for your family - if you can stop onion garlic and offer whatever you cook to Krsna and then to your family, it will be good. 4) Start reading books - start with Chant and Be Happy, Perfect Questions & Perfect Answers, On the Way to Krsna, Life Comes from Life, Bhagawad Gita As It Is - you can find them online at www.vedabase.net or www.vedabase.com.

Regarding serving devtoees, start with this much. Krsna Consciousness is never ending - that will also happen.

Take care,

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• Hari Bol Mataji.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada. 

Thank you so much Mataji. I have stopped the intake of onion, garlic, egg etc. Also I have taken the sewa of Radha Madhava at my home. On the Jagannatha Ratha Yatra in Chandigarh I received Jagannatha deities from one of the devotee so I now serve Jagannatha deities also. I chant 16 rounds and read Bhagvad Gita and Srimad Bhagwatam daily. Also m trying to increase my association with devotees. I have started observing Ekadshi also. Is there anything else also i need to follow?

Ys

Ratika

• Hare Krsna Mataji,

Welcome to Krsna Consciousness. I pray to their lordships sri sri radha krsna to shower their choicest blessings upon you. A very good and authentic source of getting the answers to your questions is on this website:

http://www.thespiritualscientist.com/

Also do take out some time to listen to this systematic presentation of the philosophy of Bhagavad Gita As it Is:

http://audio.iskcondesiretree.info/index.php?q=f&f=%2F05_-_ISKC...

• Hari Bol.

Thank you so much Prabhuji for the guidance and for these wonderful links..

This reply was deleted.