Replies

• Yes ok. sure. Thanks.

- Jai Shri Krishna !! Jai Bhakt Prahlad ki Jai !!

• Thanks Prabhuji for your kind reply. Sorry but I got one more question with that answer, that is, if my bliss is not increasing then can we say Krishna is not getting pleased with my behaviour/actions?

-Jai Shri Krishna !! Jai Bhakt Prahlad ki Jai !!

• OK. Thanks.

•  Unless one smear upon the body the dust of the lotus feet of a Vaiṣṇava who are completely freed from material contamination, persons very much inclined toward materialistic life can not be attached to the lotus feet of the Lord.

• OK. Thanks for your kind reply.

Sorry for asking more clarity on this point, forgive me if this appears silly, as this dull brain here cannot apprehend things properly usually.

Shall I understand this as - ""the dust (physical) of the lotus feet of a Vaiṣṇava who are completely freed from material contamination has to be smeared upon the body (gross physical body/head)"" ?  Or, Does this has some more meaning to it ? 

• One can be purified by bathing in holy rivers after long period of time, but one who just see pure devotee of Lord is purified immediately, what then to talk about dust touched by such devotee.

Those who carry Lord in the heart are like the Sun, everything they touch is immediately purified.

Dust from the lotus feet of Lord or His true devotees is desired even by celestials, because such dust purify from all material contamination. And not only that, it brings many ever lasting blessings which human beings can only dream about.  Therefore its nothing to do with following instructions, teachings or anything else. 

• OK. Thank you for your kind reply. So I pray that there arise some intense desire for this in some corner of my heart as well.

• One who is intelligent should not believe anyone by saying, this is pure devotee of Lord, this is advanced and that one is not. Rather one should first carefully learn from scriptures whats the behavior of spiritually elevated person, then according to that knowledge, accept that one to be advanced. 

The time spending in a proces, the age of a person, or high education, are all irrelevant for considering someone to be advanced, but less intelligent people who judge by external cloths and religious decorations accept those things as highly important for conclusion who is spiritually advanced and who isn't.

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Your question is very pertinent. I have seen some instances, which I mention below:

1) One top Fashion Designer in Kolkata once visited the temple. She was in great personal distress. She insisted that she be allowed to touch the deity's feet in the temple, so much that a devotee from temple management had to be called. 

2) One enthusiastic mataji in Chennai temple had also heard about getting the dust of lotus feet of pure devotee. She would run behind HH Bhanu Swamy Maharaj and gather dust from where Maharaj stood and did guru puja arati. Once, one prabhuji stopped her. She showed her annoyance openly in the temple hall just before Bhagawatam class.

My question to you is - does getting the dust of lotus feet depend on muscle power - the stronger one is, the closer one is to the pure devotee, the more mercy he will receive? If the temple had allowed the fashion designer to touch the deity form of the lord and take the dust, would that solve all her problems? Then doesnt it meant that the mercy is dependent on how important one is materially?

There are 2 kinds of service one can render - vani and vapu. Vapu service is serving the body of the senior devotee, taking care of prasadam, or washing and ironing clothes, cleaning the room etc. Obviously, this is dependent on physical proximity, therefore everyone cannot have this kind of access. 

The second is vani service - this means that to follow the teachings of the pure devotee. This can be done by everyone. In the incident mentioned above about the fashion designer, when the devotee from temple management was called, he offered to the mataji - you can touch the feet of the lord in the photo on the calendar on the wall. He then patiently tried to explain to her that by taking dust of lotus feet, it means following the teachings and instructions of the lord/ devotee. To follow, one has to know the teaching, apply it to one's life, basically use one's intelligence. That use of intelligence is taking the dust of the lotus feet to the head. Smearing the body with the dust is actually following the instructions - in mind, words and actions. 

I hope I have been able to explain prabhuji. Please ask if there are further questions.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Volunteer

Hare krsna,

One need not go chasing for the dust of a vaishnavas feet. 

I am not trying to show off but this is what I do..

When I am in the temple and when ever I do dandvat, I place both my palms flat on the floor, and whatever dust gets collected, I smear it over my head.

Coming to your question about Krsna being happy, Krsna will be pleased if He sees you rendering service with unflinching faith and without any expectation of reciprocation from Krsna himself or His devotees. Any action we do should be to please Him and not to gain any benefit or the expectation of reciprocation. When a devotee in such a mood, his/her sadhana is very pleasing to the Lord. Even chanting the Holy names should be done in the mood of servitude and not with the intent of completing the rounds.

Hare krsna.

This reply was deleted.