Vedic literature constitutes of four Vedas, 108 Upanishads, Itihasas like Mahabharat & Ramayan, 18 Puranas, Smrities etc. We learn about the truth by reading these literatures. 

In this age of kali, there is rampant interpolation in the Vedic scriptures. In these circumstances, how shall we judge the authenticity of a particular Vedic literature ? As every Sampraday has it's own version of a particular scripture and consider it as genuine.    

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PLEASE GET ME RIGHT.

INTERPOLATION MEANS ADDITION OF CONCOCTED VERSES IN THE SCRIPTURES

• I agree.

• See interpolations within Bhagvad Gita as it is 1972 

http://bookchanges.com/bhagavad-gita-changes-complete-list/

Bhagavad Gita Changes — Complete List | ISKCON & BBT Prabhupada Book Changes
    For the first time a complete computerized comparison of Srila Prabhuapda’s original 1972 Macmillan Bhagavad-gita As It Is and the current ISKCON “Re…
  • Yes, I agree that today there does not seem to be a certain method to verify the authenticity as many Vedic literatures have been twisted and distorted to some extent. The generation that will appear hundreds of years after us will have an altogether a different version of Vedic literature. 

However, I don't think that intuition is the right way of discerning the truth as even false Guru like Osho claimed that 'truth' suddenly flashed unto his mind. 

Without the authentic revealed scriptures, we can not even identify incarnations of God and bonafide Guru. This is the symptom of Kali-yuga. In future, the time is going to be worse as interpolation will go on increasing. There are also differences between Bhagvad Gita as it is of 1972 and current version of BG. It's really saddening. 

• Prabhuji, I am not talking about the Sampraday specific scriptures but the issue of interpolation in scriptures which are common to Sanatan Dharma as a whole. 

This reply was deleted.