Hare krishna,

pamho:agtsp:agtsgasg;

i have watched that devotees who are not earning nicely it is very difficult for them to enjoy shopping as rich devotees do regularly.

most of the iskcon temple have high rates compare to normal market rates consider ghee, chamara, incense , lamp or sweets devotee who earn 150 INR day how can he afford to eat in govinda restaurant with his family ? it can be a reason that Krishna is keeping them poor to help them to progress in K.C. but please suggest with experience and scriptural references.

ys,

nilesh

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

In one of the SB class I heard a nice pastime some thing very relating to this topic which I would like to share now. Once Krishna was going on a walk along with Sri Narada muni. While moving around, they came across a home of a wealthy man. The man upon seeing Krishna and NArada muni, invited them inside and fed nice food stuffs. While leaving their home, Lord blessed them to get more wealth and material benefits. They left the wealthy mans home and started walking again. After some time, they came across a hut where a old man used to live. The only disposition that old man had was a cow. The old man, upon seeing Lord and Narada muni, invited them inside and offered a sitting place. He then milked the cow and offered that milk to Krishna and Narada muni. They drank it and before leaving, the Lord blessed the old man, LET YOUR COW DIE SOON!!!!!!!!!

Narada muni was surprised and confused with Lords behavior and made an inquiry from Lord as why the rich man was given benediction to get more wealth and material benefits while this old man who only had a cow for his living and Lord blessed that the very cow dies soon...!!! Then Lord says that the wealthy man has toooo many attachments and and it is very difficult for him to come closer to Krishna and perform devotional service. Hence he gave him blessings to get more wealth for what ever service he did to them. But the old man had only one cow and nothing else. If that cow had to die, then the man had no other thing to get himself attached to and would come to Me (Krishna) only. Hence he blessed that the cow dies soon.

What we must always remember is that Krishna knows what is the best for our spiritual well being. He may put us in trouble always or always put in joyful situation. But a devotee who is fixed in Krishna Bhakthi will never see the difference between them.

The money one can get/enjoy is decided based on their past karma. If we have done something good previously, we would get better sense gratification. If we have not then we would not get it. Govindas and the ISKCON store may be costly but the profit is going as donation to temple and is used for preaching service. Also the reason for getting things cheaply outside is due to adulteration as Maral mataji pointed out. Also, eating out in Govindas is for people who want to eat out and still get some karma free. Not all devotees of ISKCON go every day to Govindas to eat out. We prefer to cook at home and offer to our beloved deities and honor their prasadam.

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Prabhuji.Dandavat Pranam. All glories to Srila Prabhupada

Maral Mataji already answered perfectly.Jai jai..........

Govindas is a gift of ISKCON to the wealthy audience for accumulating Krishna karma by the process of gratifying the toungue...........:). Yes unknowlgly they are doing service to Krishna by taking food from Govindas and and the money is  helping our movement to spread.

In krishna consiousness the thing is opposite. Earning less money is an advantage to progress in KC.The opposite is most of the time hinderence. From my experience I have seen Devotees prefered to take prasadam that is prepared in temple Kitchen and after being offered to the deity . There is so much satisfaction and happiness when we all sit together in floor and take prasadam together (specially on sunday feast).This increases our KC more.

Krishna consciousness is activities in transcendental plane. We need only a place to sit down and a Tulshi bead to chant on.

Your aspiring Servant

Hari Bol

• Volunteer

in normal markets they decrease the price by using cheating ways. Like on the place of using pure cow ghee they use some vegetable oils. In incenses some artificial chemicals. In sweets also lots of dirty things that we even do not know.

In this way price is decreased.

---------------------------------------------- 

i never went to Govindas maybe once. And i am surviving happily :D And it does not hinder my japa.

i prefer traditional ways of honoring Prasadam like sitting on the ground, eating with hands...no problem. Govindas especially for those who are from aristocratic life styled people. And to attract present generation.

Krishna Consciousness does not depend on our lakshmi in our pocket but our sincerity and Krishna's mecry.

Your servant, 

• Hari Bol Mata jee. Your posts are so simple, it is very easy to follow.

Your servant,

Sharanagat

• nice reply mataji ..hare krishna !

• Volunteer

Liked your statement "There has been a riot thrice!!"... yes very true

Your aspiring servant

Hari Bol

This reply was deleted.