Hare krsna mataji and prabhuji and Aapke chrnoon mein sat sat pranam.So, my question is how to stay focussed for 14hrs In performing PRESCRIBED DUTY.I am preparing for IIT-JEE and I did not do a lot of preparation.My six months wasted because I was in ILLUSION by simply making Analysis on waste and Non-useful things.I realized this Thing Today by the Help of Radha rasmayi Mata.So now I want to serve krsna very diligently, very sincerely and with GREAT TERRACITY.SO PLS HELP ME. NOW A LOT OF TIME IS BEING WASTED.SO NOW I HAVE DECIDED THAT I WILL SLEEP ONLY 5 HRS AND REST OF THE DAY I WILL STUDY AND 2HRS DO DEVOTION.I HAVE ALSO DECIDED THAT I WILL CONSUME COFFEE, SO THAT IT WILL HELP ME TO SLEEP ONLY 5HRS .I KNOW THAT IT IS THE VIOLATION OF ONE OF THE REGULATIVE PRINCIPLE BUT I HAVE NO CHOICE BECAUSE VERY LESS TIME WITH ME.MY EXAM IS IN NEXT JANUARY.O HAVE TO GIVE MY BEST OTHERWISE EVERYTHING WILL GET DISRUPTED.HOWEVER I M NOT CONSUMING CAFFEEINE FOR MY OWN SENSE GRATIFICATION BUT FOR KRSNA'S SAKE.PLS HELP. I HOPE KRSNA WILL NOT BE ANGRYNOW AGAIN I ALSO WANT TO STAY FOCUSSED WHILE STUDYING, SOMETIMES MAYA ATTACKS THROUGH THOUGHTS AND I GET STUCK TO THOSE THOHGHTS KNOWINGLY OR UNKNOWINGLY.AND THEN I GO ON ANALYSING AND ANALYSING THEM.HOW TO AVOID THIS WHILE STUDYING.IN THIS WAY MY ALL OF THE TIME GOES ON THESE ANALYSING THINGS.SO I FAIL TO PERFORM MY PRESCRIBED DUTY.HOW TO OVERCOME THIS??PLS HELP.BEGGING FOR MERCYTHE DEMONIC SERVANTCHARAN

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna,

I completely agree with the  tips given by Das anu Das prabhu and Radha Rasmai DD mata ji ... Just came across this vid. which I would like to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taH8DlCTBWE

Kak chesta, Bako dhyanam,

Shwan nidra, tathaiva cha

Alpahaari, griha tyaagi..

Vidhyarthi Pancha lakshanam.

Vidyarthi one who is a desire knowledge... should have Pancha ( 5 ) qualities.. as mentioned in the verse by Gaura Gopala Das prabhu ji.

1. Kaka ( crow's effort hardwork to raise the water up in the pitcher by dropping pebble by pebble.

2. Baka ( Crane's meditation standing on one feet in the water with one pointed focus waiting for a big fish).

3.Shwan nidra ( alertnes of a dog..)

4. Alpaahari ( eating less, giving the right inputs to your senses)

5. Griha tyaagi ( coming out of our comfort zone).

Above all.. When you love whatever you do.. you will have more focus and you will have more interest in doing the work and it will be less burdensome.

Try to enjoy whatever work you do. Think you are doing all this for Pleasing Krishna.  Krishna loves people who do anything whole heartedly. work with love not with force.

Hare Krishna.

• Hare krsna Mata and Aapke chrnoon mein sat sat pranam.
      Thank u for guiding.
      HARIBOL
  • E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Charan prabhu,

PAMHO.

What is important is to study with concentration and absorb what one has studied. Number of hours is immaterial, application of mind is more important.

Regarding drinking coffee, as already communicated, DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.

You have to sleep minimum of 6 hours a day. You need to keep your health and your sanity to be able to appear for any exams.

Keep achievable targets and move towards ultimate goal. You set your initial goal itself so high, and then stress over living upto that expectation all the time. That is not healthy at all.

If you have to save time, then stop coming to this website. I can see how much time you waste by being here. After your class 12 exams, you can come to this website.

Spend your time studying and chanting. Rest can be done after your exams.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

PS: regarding getting through IIT, do your best effort and leave the rest to Krsna.

• Hare krsna mata and Aapke chrnoon mein sat sat pranam.
      Thank u for guiding
      HARIBOL
  • Its better to study in a group than alone ... if possible 

• Hare krsna prabhuji and Aapke chrnoon mein sat sat pranam.
      Thank u for guiding
  • Hare Krishna Charan pr dandavat pranaam

please listen, i have got a good score in the exams you are referring . From my experience, i tell a few things :

first of all, if you have not been studying too much, you may not be able to jump to 14 hrs a day suddenly ... you have to do your best and keep improving daily.

1. FIRST THING, MOST IMPORTANT is to HAVE A RELAXED MIND. When mind is relaxed, you can remember what you read.
    Otherwise if you do a lot of work in tension, you may not be able to remember what you have read.

2. TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH, GET GOOD SLEEP IF REQUIRED, if you spoil your health how will you study well & give exams ...

do some jogging & exercise, close ur eyes take few deep breaths before studying 
    no need to drink coffee, you can have green tea if you like (not for cutting sleep)

you have to be cheerful, ... listen to kirtan while studying, ..
    if you go into maya don't make big deal about it ... its ok keep moving

you have 1 year time till next january right ? just try to remember Krishna always, keep a photo on ur desk & listen to kirtan ... and Krishna will take you to 14 hours

u have to develop good habits for life long, not just crash for one exam ... (send me a friend request) ... thanks

This reply was deleted.