Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

It is true, there is no need for any hard rules for chanting.

But all those elements maybe helpful.

For example, I could not sit and chant. If used to do that I used feel asleep. So over the years now I observed my eating habits, waking up times, sleeping hours, what foods are suitable for me and what are not...in this way I understood my body to some extent.

It means lesser diseases, lesser time pass...healthier life style. Better chanting.

Determination - yes it was mentioned nicely. First thing is we have to start sitting in that Padmasana. At least for some time every day and chant. In this way slowly body will get used to it.

Problem is blood circulation in the body is not good.

Air circulation as well. But sitting in Padmasana or Siddhasana we will help body to move correctly. Proper air flow, peaceful mind, nice digestion etc.

So these things we do not take seriously but it is very helpful.

Doing hatha yoga for 30-60 minutes saves much of my time from over sleep, over eating ...

Also it is very helpful to eat herbs like Triphala for good digestion and purification, Ashvaganda - for a peaceful mind, Brahmi for nice blood circulation, ...along with honey.

And eat food on time when we are hungry.

Your servant,

• PAMHO

Thank you for your response.

YS

Anil

• PAMHO

Thank you very much for your response.

Manish Prabhu - what do mean byfew basic asanas? Apologies for my ignorance.

Ys
    Anil
    • PAMHO

No need for any asanas. This is not Hatha yoga but Bhakti yoga. The ultimate goal is devotional service, love of Krishna not Hatha yoga. From Sikshastakam by Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.There are not even hard and fast rules for chanting these names . you can sit,stand and dance before Lord Krishna's deity but do it with great Sraddha and Love . 

nāmnām akāri bahudhā nija-sarva-śaktis
      tatrārpitā niyamitaḥ smaraṇe na kālaḥ
      etādṛśī tava kṛpā bhagavan mamāpi
      durdaivam īdṛśam ihājani nānurāgaḥ ॥2॥

O my Lord, Your holy name alone can render all benediction to living beings, and thus You have hundreds and millions of names, like Kṛṣṇa and Govinda. In these transcendental names You have invested all Your transcendental energies. There are not even hard and fast rules for chanting these names. O my Lord, out of kindness You enable us to easily approach You by Your holy names, but I am so unfortunate that I have no attraction for them. (2)

From Srimad Bhagavtam, Lord is attained only by Devotion and not by Yoga and nothing else

Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam (11.14.20-21):

na sādhayati māṁ yogo na sāṅkhyaṁ dharma uddhava
      na svādhyāyas tapas tyāgo yathā bhaktir mamorjitā
      bhaktyāham ekayā grāhyaḥ śraddhayātmā priyaḥ satām
      bhaktiḥ punāti man-niṣṭhā śva-pākān api sambhavāt

"My dear Uddhava, neither philosophical speculation nor meditational yoga nor penances can give Me such pleasure as devotional service practiced by the living entities. I am dear only to My devotees, and I can be achieved only by devotional service. Even an extremely lowborn person will become free from all contamination if he takes to My devotional service." Devotional service is the only path by which one can achieve the Supreme Person.

• PAMHO

Thank you for your response.

YS

Anil

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Chanting with concentration is important, posture is not. Chant, whether sitting, standing, walking ...whichever way, chant, that is important.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

This reply was deleted.