How to preach to father

Hare krishna i have been in krishna consciousness since 5 years now i came in contact when i was 17 when i met a devotee who was my room mate since then i have engaged myself in kirtan chanting and singing for lord. but my father is a devotee of shakti he doesnt like krishna and his devotees after he saw that i have changed a bit he started abusing my devotee friend who got me into krishna consciousness and he started abusing my guru also i had started suffering mental problems since i started kc he thinks krishna has caused me these problems i cannot argue with him that krishna doesnt cause problems he is merciful because i am afraid of him. i bought a diety couple of days ago of radha and krishna he got angry and scolded me and said my mental probelms would increase due to krishna worship how to preach such a strong minded father what to do help me kindly.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This reply was deleted.
    • Thank you prabhu ji  for sharing your experience

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

You have mentioned about your father, what about your mother or other family members? what is their opinion or take on KC? 

Regarding your father, what can you do prabhuji? You have to be patient, steady in your devotion, preach with your behaviour, never by words. Typically parents dont like to be preached to by their children. Plus he is already praying to Shakti devoutly. Dont try to break his faith in shakti, let it continue peacefully. Try to arrive at a workable solution - he does what he believes in and you do what you believe in.

Please take care of Radha Krishna deities in your house properly and let Them weave Their magic through your father's heart. Have faith, it will happen. Keep praying for their mercy. That is all in your hands. 

Haribol,

YOur servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• mata ji thank you my mother is a krishna devotee she helps me but my father is hard hearted

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

So nice that your mother is also a devotee of Krsna, so you have help to take care of your Radha Krsna deities. I was wondering how you will take care without any help.

YOur father is future devotee prabhuji. How you behave with him/ react to him will determine how quickly he becomes a present devotee. 

Best of luck prabhuji. its never easy, but then what in life is?

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Thank you so much mata ji

This reply was deleted.