Hare Krishna to all,I have a question. Please answer me. As we know that every action has its reaction to the doer. Any action done by us whether it be pious or sinful, we are bounded to suffer or enjoy accordingly. In this way, we are entangled in this material world. Is there any way to make our actions without binding us with their reactions so that we are not bounded to this material world because until we do not enjoy or suffer all our reactions we are not liberated. As far as chanting is concerned it nullifies the reactions our sinful activities but what about our pious activities?Please tell a way with a daily life example by which a person can act without bounded by its reaction.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• mataji the same applies for prostitution. can we please any father.....infact its worse than flesh eating but acc to the example you have given prostitute got liberation by simply glorifying brahmana.

the word sinful makes me sober otherwise I have lot of other impurities like arrogance pride quarrelsome etc etc. hence I will keep the same id

• E-Counselor

Prabhuji, you missed the point. The point was that the prostitute was doing abominable work, she may have her reasons and circumstances for doing so. She did not glorify the brahmana verbally to anyone - her consciousness was purified by thinking highly of a devotee and thinking that presence of devotee is making her locality pure. Despite being a prostitute, her consciousness was pure.

You do not know what people are going through prabhuji. What circumstances force a woman to sell her body - I am scared to even imagine. So lets not comment whether it is better or worse than eating flesh. She is not committing any violence on another living entity by selling her body - that much I understand.

Anyways there is no end to argument. I have told you what my limited knowledge is. What you make of it and do with it is not in my purview.

Haribol.

• E-Counselor

Hare KRsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Very good question. All our actions have reactions and we have to keep on taking birth to undergo the pain or pleasure of the reactions to our actions. In the process, we do more actions and incur more reactions and the cycle continues. How to break this cycle? The answer is devotional service. When one engages in devotional service with love and determination, to the extent of the service, that karma has no reaction. Gradually, our time spent on devotional service increases and we do more and more karma which will have no reaction.

By the process of chanting, we are purifying the soul and the results of our karma are getting nullified. That karma can be good or bad - both results get nullified. Typically we are happy know that our bad karma reaction has got nullified, but are horrified to know that our good karma reaction is also getting nullified. That is the truth. It will burn all karma - good and bad. Only then we can leave this material world and go to the spiritual world.

I hope I have been able to explain.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna mataji

Like, in that case how do we stop acquiring good karma also....please suggest in what manner/spirit  should we do good karma such that the good karma also do not bind us.

i read somewhere that while we do good karma, the attitude should be to submit the good karma of our pious activities to Krishna and not want it for ourselves - then the Lord takes away the bad karma also.... i may be wrong - please guide.

Hari Bol

• I am talking about karma yog, not hathyog.....
    • Hare Krishna, 

Samādhi (Sanskritसमाधि ) refers to a state of meditative consciousness. It is a meditative absorption or trance, attained by the practice of dhyana yoga. In samādhi the mind becomes still. It is a state of being totally aware of the present moment; a one-pointedness of mind. When someone dies in India, it is not uncommon to say, that person has gone to 'Samādhi'. 

Om namo bhagavate vasudevaya

krsnaraja melvin

Sanskrit
      Sanskrit (; Sanskrit: संस्कृतम्, romanized: saṃskṛtam, pronounced [sɐ̃skɽɪtɐm] (listen)) is a language of ancient India with a 3,500 year history. It…
  • Hare Krishna, 

There is no escape from the results of our actions, good or bad. Except probably when we go into samadhi, or intense meditation on the lotus feet of Krishna. Many yogi practitioners say that one should not touch or awaken a person into samadhi. If one does that. The person who is into samadhi dies. One who is into samadhi, do no eat or drink. He can stay inside a cave for many years without food or water and still lives. 

Om namo bhagavate vasudevaya 

krsnaraja melvin 

• thanks for your answer....
    • Hare Krsna.
      Thanks
This reply was deleted.