Hare Krishna ,

I found there are number of people who do not  believe in GOD existence and also don't accept scriptures as a GOD's existence proof.

In this situation How to make convince atheist to believe in GOD ?

I hope for good response from all of you on this topic.

Your Servant

Vibhav Dikshit

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krsna,

In my humble opinion,

Atheists are generally atheists because of wanting to lord it over material nature , distress etc. 

Atheists generally have arguments like wanting proof of existence of soul, God, next life etc.

Atheists may be either scientifically oriented or atheists without any real basis or ideology or those who become so because of incomplete sastric understanding .

Scientific atheists believe in things like 'Darwin's theory of evolution' etc.

So for the scientific atheists, there are a lot of (youtube?) vidoes, books by devotees to quash their ideas. You may try them out.

For atheists who're atheists because of lack of understanding of scriptures, distress, proof of god etc , Bhagavad Gita with Srila Prabhupada's commentary is more than enough. Engaging in arguements with them may not be helpful and depends on your preaching skills, so you may want to quietly slip a book like Srila Prabhupada's Bhagavad Gita to them.

Also if they say there is no proof for existence of God, you could ask them the proof for their own existence. Any answer they give may be used as a postulate to prove God's presence.

As Mr. George harrison said, The proof of the pudding is the eating. So ask them to practice KC or chant Hare Krsna for some time and then ask them to revert.

Srila Prabhupada gives a variety of explanations why God exists. 

The above are not from shastra and are my own understanding. Others bhaktas may be of better help by their advancement.

aGtSrila Prabhupada,

YS

This reply was deleted.