How to establish religion in an irreligious society ?

Hare KRishna,

Few years back, there was  blast at German Bakery in Pune near Osho's ashram.  How can devotees ******** Osho's ashrams entirely from this planet of earth to establish the principles of religion ?

How do I recognize devotees ?

How do I preach continuously about the glories of Krishna's devotees ?

Can the verse of Srimad Bhagavatam 1.12.34 be re-edited to:

1.  Correct our understanding of God.

2.  Become a perfect vegetarian.

3.  Follow the principles of God realization seriously.

4.  Kill the demons within and without.

Please let me know your views, opinions as they matter a lot.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare krsna prabhu,

All glories to guru, gauranga & devotees.

Prabhu, my knowledge is very very limited.

I read these lines from Srila Prabhupada today and I am sharing the same here. This will explain my understanding of Krsna.

"One who has real knowledge knows that prakriti, material nature, is working under Krsna's direction. It is not possible to understand how all this is going on, but we can understand it in summary. Janmady asya yato 'nvayad itaratas ca: Everything emanates from the Supreme Absolute Truth, Krsna. This much knowledge is sufficient. We can then increase this knowledge to understand just how material nature is working under krsna's direction. As krsna states in BG 10.8: Aham sarvasya prabhavo mattah sarvam pravartate: I am the source of all spiritual and mtaerial worlds. Everything emanates from me."

To answer your second part of the question "considering time, place and circumstances", once you have the understanding that Krsna is Supreme then there is no other knowledge left to be understood. You are complete in knowledge. There is nothing else to be known.

From our (kali yuga) prespective, krsna is to be known ONLY through chanting and devotional service. This is as per our time, place and circumstance. Our time because this is kali yuga. Place because we are currently living in places where irreligiosity is on the rise. Circumstances because of various challenges all us devotees are put in based on our past karmas.

Harer nama harer nama harer namaiva kevalam
    kalau nasty eva nasty eva nasty eva gatir anyatha:

[Adi 17.21] In this age of quarrel and hypocrisy, the only means of deliverance is the chanting of the holy name of the Lord. There is no other way. There is no other way. There is no other way." (Pg no-201 – Last Para)

Hope i was able to help you in some way through my response.

chant and be happy

Srila Prabhupada ki jai!!!

Hare krsna.

• Volunteer

I think you have misunderstood his post prabhu.

When he writes "How can devotees blast off Osho's ashrams entirely from this planet of earth to establish the principles of religion ?" he is not asking the method to damage the property or the devotees. His writing is more of a surprise reaction contemplating how could so called "devotees" cause so much damage in the name of religion.

Hare krsna.

• I consider this "HaDay" mantra to be as a child assuming the mannerisms of it's father do to sentimental affections, unconditional Love & attachment.
    it's Scotland's however, I see this as an opportunity to mature into a fully competent Spiritual instructor knower & seer & any unnecessary deviations from the letter of the principals of serving through Montra Meditations. You can be absolutely certain that I'm not going to risk that & that's just
    As It is! Please Chant properly.
  • Anyway if there is any possibility of the external Religion of the infallible GodHeads can fail, this (I feel will be the root of it's demise?
    I 'm hope ing that I am fearing incorrectly !
  • Volunteer

To be honest, I dont see what the fuss is about the word blast off here. The reference was used in context to his question. He was referring to a blast in the German bakery and not about blasting off someone.

I agree that the choice of words and framing the sentence could have been better, but we are all not perfect.

Hare krsna

• the fuss is... "you cant treat another person like s**t (the person initially said "BLAST OFF OSHO'S ASHRAMS") and expect them to hear what you have to say".

I'm disappointed to see a volunteer BLATANTLY ignoring the clearly visible abusive words...

KEEP BHAKTI IN YOUR OWN POCKET FOR A WHILE AND TRY TO RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE **FIRST** only then they will listen to what you have to preach. 

**sigh**

• A Bhaktee is Servent of Haray
    Krishna & Rama. Meaning, in regards to serving in gratitude for the special faver, a person who is actually serving the Head God's sincerely is going to perform (everything) they do, they do as offencelisly as possible, as offensive service is certain to have adverse effects.
    (KC) is a reaquainting process we are/have untill now been unaware of to whome to offer our devotions nor how or why. Prabupoda changed all that, not Osho & not any one else, hence we owe Him everything & then everything one Thousend Times again, we owe Him everything!
    Because like dripping-wet kittens He by His guidance has rescued the most worthy & the unworthy As well!
    However, and as well, we need not even bother being Demond slayers
    As anyone who can be convinced to call on God can & will in a short time reawaken the eternally knowing Spirit within and freely choose to elevate their existence to Bhaktee's association. Krishna Said in the "Geta" following to closely the path of another is dangerous. We see such an instance hear in ISKCON & I fear if I ISKCON ever fails it will be ironically because of the improper chanting of the holly names of Haray- which, at the present time is being "chanted Hahday"
    Hari, Haray & Hare, have cassums of distinctive differences.
    Yin & Yang are the energies & Laws of Nature. If one pervolks the energies one energy while thinking that they are honoring the other? the results will certainly be very unattractive to say the least. Many references are made as to the importance of strect verbal compliance to the grammatical correctness of repeating Holy Manters. Look it up. It's not joke.
  • The treat to KC is not sadhakas, sahajiyas, demons or mayavadis, but the uncontrolled mind, false ego and proudness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SB 1.12.32Just at this time, King Yudhiṣṭhira was considering performing a horse sacrifice to get freed from sins incurred from fighting with kinsmen. But he became anxious to get some wealth, for there were no surplus funds outside of fines and tax collection.
    SB 1.12.33Understanding the hearty wishes of the King, his brothers, as advised by the infallible Lord Kṛṣṇa, collected sufficient riches from the north [left by King Marutta].
    SB 1.12.34By those riches, the King could procure the ingredients for three horse sacrifices. Thus the pious King Yudhiṣṭhira, who was very fearful after the Battle of Kurukṣetra, pleased Lord Hari, the Personality of Godhead.
     As we know, kshatriya who kill in the battle doesnt commit sin, but he had a fear only because those killed warriors was his Gurus and relatives. Anyway  that particular battle is aranged by Lord directly, where almost all warriors are  celestials in human forms, born with the purpose of serving Lords mission.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spiritually blind people always blame someone else for their destiny.
    Because being in ignorance, gurus blame their students, wives their husbands, people their politicians,....
    refusing to understand that what person planted, that will harvest :
    SB 12.6.25The life and death of an embodied soul and his destination in the next life are all caused by himself through his own activity. Therefore, O King, no other agent is actually responsible for creating one’s happiness and distress.
    SB 12.6.26When a conditioned soul is killed by snakes, thieves, fire, lightning, hunger, disease or anything else, he is experiencing the reaction to his own past work.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What else can be said about this subject, when everything is so clear in this slokas.

• Volunteer

The greatest threat to KC is sadhakas/devotees manufacturing their own whimsical procedures and process towards devotional service.

What is the need to reinvent the wheel when Srila Prabhupada has put down some simple and basic rules to follow? it is not really that hard to follow what is set already.

Can the verse of Srimad Bhagavatam 1.12.34 be re-edited to:

There is no need to re-edit anything as we are not even qualified to take up devotional service, we are only trying to be devotees.

First, chant your rounds, read Prabhupada books and help him in his mission by distributing books and bringing people into the temple. By guru's and krsna's mercy, this will be enough for our level of preaching.

• Please dont use words like 'blast off' in a public forum... It does NOT help at all... whatever you are trying to achieve...

This reply was deleted.